Kobe took 29 more shots tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Kobe took 29 more shots tonight

He scored 37 points, had 8 rebounds and 6 assists with only 2 turnovers.
    What a ballhog he was.
    Wow, maybe it does work out well when your best player takes the most shots...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Kobe took 29 more shots tonight

glad to see our resident Laker fan w/o a life is back to start fights...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

Well, I'm not here to start fights, but merely to comment on a phenomenal player.  I've read so many negative comments on Kobe and some for good reason.  How can you not like a player who is willing to take the clutch shot time and time again by trying to carry his team to victory.  Not to mention his willingness to play through injuries over the last few years. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe took 29 more shots tonight:
    Well, I'm not here to start fights, but merely to comment on a phenomenal player.  I've read so many negative comments on Kobe and some for good reason.  How can you not like a player who is willing to take the clutch shot time and time again by trying to carry his team to victory.  Not to mention his willingness to play through injuries over the last few years. 
    Posted by greeneater2

Two reasons:
    1.  He NEVER lets anyone else take the shot - Pierce does
    2.  This is a Celtics forum, nimrod!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kycleptic. Show kycleptic's posts

greeneater2 is greenkiller too! lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe took 29 more shots tonight : Two reasons: 1.  He NEVER lets anyone else take the shot - Pierce does 2.  This is a Celtics forum, nimrod!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

This is an NBA Forum.
    There are many threads that are started about non-Celtics players.
    Most of them are started by Celtics fans.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe took 29 more shots tonight : This is an NBA Forum. There are many threads that are started about non-Celtics players. Most of them are started by Celtics fans.
    Posted by mtrax

WRONG - it's a Celtics forum!!

Anyone care to back me up on this?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe took 29 more shots tonight : Two reasons: 1.  He NEVER lets anyone else take the shot - Pierce does 2.  This is a Celtics forum, nimrod!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Pierce cannot create his shot off dribble like Kobe can.  Most of the shots Pierce makes come from wide open jumpers.  I'll give some credit some to Pierce driving the lane and making shots, but not much!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe took 29 more shots tonight : Pierce cannot create his shot off dribble like Kobe can.  Most of the shots Pierce makes come from wide open jumpers.  I'll give some credit some to Pierce driving the lane and making shots, but not much!
    Posted by greeneater2

Point is - Pierce has the ball in his hands, like koME does - that is the same
    BUT - Pierce doesn't care if he, or Ray or KG take the last shot - that is the difference - try to stay on topic!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe took 29 more shots tonight : Point is - Pierce has the ball in his hands, like koME does - that is the same BUT - Pierce doesn't care if he, or Ray or KG take the last shot - that is the difference - try to stay on topic!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Bro, a happy new year to you! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Brick Bryant had a better game at home still shooting under fifty per cent.  The scary thing for Laker fans is even with Bynum playing so well they are still not an elite team.

Keep Bynum, because even with Howard you will be less than elite.  Time has passed the Lakers by.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

concord,

Name the Elite teams in the NBA.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

The lakers as a team took 78 shots.  So taking 29 is still a lot, wouldn't you agree??

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

If a great player has good shot attempts he should take them.
    Kobe forced his shots against Denver.
    Last nights shots came within the flow of the game.

I would rather Kobe take them then Artest or Fisher.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

Kobe probably the deadliest closer in the NBA today.  Don't believe the Celtics have anything even close.  Kobe shooting just under 50% for that game is good, since most of those shots are outside jumpers!  Enjoy your day!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

If a great player has good shot attempts he should take them. Kobe forced his shots against Denver. Last nights shots came within the flow of the game. I would rather Kobe take them then Artest or Fisher.
    Posted by mtrax

Funny, because before the game last night, in an interview on the radio, Mike Brown said koME didn't force ANY shots against DEN.....hmmm....who to believe, mtrax or Mike Brown?.............tough call!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Kobe probably the deadliest closer in the NBA today.  Don't believe the Celtics have anything even close.  Kobe shooting just under 50% for that game is good, since most of those shots are outside jumpers!  Enjoy your day!
    Posted by greeneater2

In the last 3 games, koME  26 - 75!  He WAS a great closer, now he's a great occasional closer.  And the Celtics, as I said before, have THREE players who can take the last shot.  No one has to go one on four!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe took 29 more shots tonight : In the last 3 games, koME  26 - 75!  He WAS a great closer, now he's a great occasional closer.  And the Celtics, as I said before, have THREE players who can take the last shot.  No one has to go one on four!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Oh my!  You're cherry picking stats again.  Kobe shooting stats are phenomenal if you consider he did it with several injuries to his shooting hand the last several seasons.  Once he figures out how to deal with the current injury his percentages will increase dramatically.  Enjoy the day!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe took 29 more shots tonight : WRONG - it's a Celtics forum!! Anyone care to back me up on this?
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

I agree with you.  If someone wants to post on a neutral site they should be posting on NBA.Com.  You have posters who are fans of all teams.  This is a forum located in Boston. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe took 29 more shots tonight : Oh my!  You're cherry picking stats again.  Kobe shooting stats are phenomenal if you consider he did it with several injuries to his shooting hand the last several seasons.  Once he figures out how to deal with the current injury his percentages will increase dramatically.  Enjoy the day!
    Posted by greeneater2

Cherry picking - ok great
    For the YEAR -   .417 from the field......  .212 from "3"......  .815 FT
    that places him..6th on the team in FG%...6th on the team in 3pt FG%...yet his 156 shots far surpasses #2 man Gasol's  85

This is the type of injury you cannot "deal with".  While his tolerance level is admirable, this injury needs rest, and he won't do that!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe took 29 more shots tonight : Cherry picking - ok great For the YEAR -   .417 from the field......  .212 from "3"......  .815 FT that places him..6th on the team in FG%...6th on the team in 3pt FG%...yet his 156 shots far surpasses #2 man Gasol's  85 This is the type of injury you cannot "deal with".  While his tolerance level is admirable, this injury needs rest, and he won't do that!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Oh yes he will, because Kobe is the considered the top closer in the game today.  As I previously explained, only seven games into the season he has plenty of time to figure it out.  Bro, enjoy the rest of today!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe took 29 more shots tonight : Oh yes he will, because Kobe is the considered the top closer in the game today.  As I previously explained, only seven games into the season he has plenty of time to figure it out.  Bro, enjoy the rest of today!
    Posted by greeneater2

"Explain" it again, son.  Seems to me all you did was STATE it like it was a fact!!  Sorry, need more proof than that!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

If he didn't get hot he would have shot them out of the game. He was 5-17 at one time ingnoring Bynum and Gasol who were dominating thus Bynum and him jawing before halftime. Great teamate !!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

If he didn't get hot he would have shot them out of the game. He was 5-17 at one time ingnoring Bynum and Gasol who were dominating thus Bynum and him jawing before halftime. Great teamate !!!
    Posted by tompenny

Sorry but you are simply not telling the truth. That would have been all over the sports news today. Like Kevin Durant and Westbrook. Just keeping you honest.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Posted by tompenny

Kobe was not 5-17 at one point. Don't just make stuff up.
    You might want to check the play by play for the facts.

Bynum and Kobe were not jawing before halftime.

Sections
Shortcuts