Kris Joseph to Play Tonight

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Re: Kris Joseph to Play Tonight

Really like Joseph, he needs a shot at it. I think he and Sully were the steals of the draft. Just my opinion.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Kris Joseph is going to be a factor in the NBA.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

This could be interesting. The reason I say this because even though K.J. is a rookie and not as maybe not as talented as J.G. , he is Hungrier and more of an agressive player than J.G. One thing that will help us and hurt J.G. is that Kris is a better rebounder(willing) and can slash to the hoop and be an effective bench scorer IMO and also would play better D than Green. Now I have been J.G.s biggest supporter but you can only watch him for so long before you get frustrated. He has major skills, but when he drives, he likes to go in soft at times with those underhanded scoop shots. If he takes this plus that soft jump hook out his game he would be good but he too easily is knocked off his spot when driving and turns a possible dunk into a pretty layup.

Soooo, to sum up, I think this could be good for our team. Of course i only watched him in preseason and dont know how much he has progressed since then but he looked mature for a rookie. 4 year starter I think so like R.Gomes I thnk he can play right away even if he doesnt dominate, he can stay on the floor with defense and outside shooting. His midrange is more consistant then JG and his on ball defense is sick. He will also allow us to play faster and he likes to get out on the break. Maybe u guys will get your wish Green will traded for a Big and K.J. can fill his role and no more Green trying to play 4.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Can someone tell me what happened to Green?  Kirk gave a very funny non-answer, but now I would like a serious one!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Rivers disappointed in Green so far November, 29, 2012 Nov 29 10:35 AM ET By ESPNBoston.com   Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers said Thursday morning he has been disappointed with the performance of guard Jeff Green so far this season, indicating it’s up to both the team and player to figure out how to get him on track.

Green, who missed all of last season after heart surgery, has started the 2012 campaign off slowly. He’s averaging 7.7 points per game, but scored a total of three in his last two games combined on 1 of 12 shooting.

“I know he’s better and I know he can be better,” Rivers said Thursday morning in an interview on Boston sports radio station WEEI. “It’s gotta be some of what we’re doing and then some of what he’s doing. I have to figure out whatever we’re not doing as a staff and team right, we gotta fix that and then whatever Jeff’s not doing he’s got to fix that.“

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Rivers disappointed in Green so far November, 29, 2012 Nov 29 10:35 AM ET By ESPNBoston.com   Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers said Thursday morning he has been disappointed with the performance of guard Jeff Green so far this season, indicating it’s up to both the team and player to figure out how to get him on track.

Green, who missed all of last season after heart surgery, has started the 2012 campaign off slowly. He’s averaging 7.7 points per game, but scored a total of three in his last two games combined on 1 of 12 shooting.

“I know he’s better and I know he can be better,” Rivers said Thursday morning in an interview on Boston sports radio station WEEI. “It’s gotta be some of what we’re doing and then some of what he’s doing. I have to figure out whatever we’re not doing as a staff and team right, we gotta fix that and then whatever Jeff’s not doing he’s got to fix that.“

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Celtics Recall Kris Joseph from Maine Red Claws

Posted by Brian Robb on Nov 30, 2012 (30 minutes ago) Comments (0)

In what will likely be a brief stint for the former Syracuse star back in Boston, the Celtics have announced they are recalling small forward Kris Joseph in time for tonight’s game against the Portland Trail Blazers.

The Boston Celtics announced today that they have recalled forward Kris Joseph from their NBA Development League affiliate, the Maine Red Claws.

Joseph, a 6’7 forward, averaged 25.5 points, 7.5 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 2.0 steals and 1.0 block in two games while on assignment. He made his NBA debut against the Milwaukee Bucks and recorded one rebound and one assist in three minutes of action on November 2.

CH’s Take: The move is an indication that the team is looking for additional depth for at least the next couple games. The Celtics will not be able to dress anyone to take the place of Rajon Rondo on the roster during his two-game suspension, meaning they will only be able to dress 12 players as a maximum for tonight’s tilt with the Blazers. With the C’s only having 14 players on their complete roster right now, after the waiving of Darko Milicic, combined with the fact that Joseph and Fab Melo were playing in Maine, would have left the team extremely shorthanded. With Rondo suspended and Avery Bradley sidelined, the team would have only had 10 potentially active players for tonight before today’s call up of Joseph.

The other lingering issue is the fact that both Jeff Green and Chris Wilcox are questionable for tonight’s game as well. Green sprained his right knee in the third quarter of the loss against Brooklyn, before returning to action later in the contest. Doc Rivers noted his status was uncertain at practice yesterday. Chris Wilcox missed practice, after sitting out the second half of Wednesday’s loss due to illness. 

The real factor, as it pertains to Joseph for the next couple games, will be whether Green plays. Boston will be extremely shorthanded at it currently stands in the backcourt, having to rely on a three-guard rotation of Lee, Barbosa and Terry to split 96 minutes over the next couple contests, a realistic but somewhat challenging scenario if any of the players run into foul trouble (hello, Leandro). This rotation effectively eliminates any chance Boston has of “going small” until Rondo returns from his suspension.

The C’s small forward depth is also very limited behind Pierce when you look at the roster. Right now, it’s Green then right to the rookie, meaning there is a very real chance that the 22-year-old sees limited minutes for Boston tonight if Green’s knee injury keeps him sidelined. In either case, having him up in Boston with any other C’s player battling an injury was crucial to have additional insurance.

Given that Green returned to the game Wednesday night, I would suspect he will be good to go for tonight, but trainer Eddie Lacerte might be playing it cautious with the hybrid forward. CelticsHub will keep you posted from the Garden on any updates regarding his status for tonight.

The other looming issue for Boston tonight? Who starts and guards rookie phenom Damian Lillard? You can likely pencil Lee into the shooting guard spot for tonight to matchup with Wesley Matthews, but I’ll be curious to see whether Doc trusts Terry or Barbosa to handle the shifty rookie for the bulk of tonight’s minutes. If neither is up to the job, Doc could also place Lee on Lillard and attempt to hide Terry or Barbosa on Matthews, not an ideal situation given Matthews’ height advantage on both players, but still a possibility.

Either way, the C’s catch somewhat of a break tonight given the fact that Portland has a very underwhelming bench in the backcourt, so they won’t be able to exploit Terry and Barbosa as much with Rondo sidelined, although that reality may change tomorrow night against the Bucks explosive backcourt.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

http://www.celticslife.com/2012/11/celtics-recall-joseph-from-maine.html

If Jeff Green can't play then Joseph will be Pierce's backup.

And if Joseph does a better job backing up Pierce, you guys decide.

From what I saw of him in preseason, he looks way more aggressive and confident than Green. I have a feeling he will produce more.  Maybe not the first game but if he gets to play more than one game I believe he will do well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

If he gets in before garbage time, they'll likely look for him to be an energy player similar to what Barbosa brings, but with more focus on defense and rebounding. Who knows, maybe this will be his moment.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Good, maybe it will light a fire to JG...anything at this point to get him going.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I answered my own question  - Green hurt his knee and is a game time decsion tonight!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Kris joseph cant play any worse than jgreen.  The kid at least plays with some hustle. Jgreen is sleepwalking out there. He is infuriating to watch. 

Sections
Shortcuts