Kristics Knee, can we have some speculation?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Kristics Knee, can we have some speculation?

I missed the first half of the game last night... when I got home they were starting the 3rd qtr when I heard the news about Kristics leg.

Just as we get JON back, another one goes down. You've got to be kidding me!!

Well, what I was searching for was some insight to the injury. I saw the replay (and I hate looking at replays like this) and it doesn't look too good to me. However, the only color I've read about the injury was a quote from Doc Rivers...

Come on you media nerds...  Doc is a basketball coach..ya think maybe someone could get an opinion from a medical expert, the trainer or someone with some expertise to speculate what results from an injury like this??

I know, Im grasping for straws looking for a ray of light in what looks to be a nasty injury.. Still, can't anyone in the media get some opinions from qualified people as to what this injury is likely to be? 

Seems like common sense to me. These reports are robots... with all the wild refereeing going on, rarely a word about it. They just ask the same dumb questions but nobody is investigating things...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Re: Kristics Knee, can we have some speculation?

Your knee in general is not suppose to buckle like that when your sprinting down the court. 

Best case its a sprain and nothing is torn but hes out for a while probably till the second round.

Worst case hes done for the year which I think is likely.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

He was able to limp to the locker room so it's probably not a tear.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

Another soft, scared Euro trash player collecting a check while nursing an owee. I've never seen an experienced NBA player look soooo scared all of the time as this guy. Unfortunately, we have another soft, stiff in Troy Murphy [BTW, where are all those 'we gotta get this guy or the playoffs are over' fans?] who won't even be able to take up 10 minutes per game productively. Despite all of that, last night proved the Cs have enough to win number 18 when all of their pistons are firing and they are motivated.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Posting rumors?
    Here's one from a Doc.
    Odds seem to be against Kristic's returning this year, but you never know.  We are overdue for a little luck at the center position.
    Link:
    http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/ask_dr_john_nenad_krstic_knee_injury/4482853

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

In Response to Re: Kristics Knee, can we have some speculation?:
    Another soft, scared Euro trash player collecting a check while nursing an owee. I've never seen an experienced NBA player look soooo scared all of the time as this guy. Unfortunately, we have another soft, stiff in Troy Murphy [BTW, where are all those 'we gotta get this guy or the playoffs are over' fans?] who won't even be able to take up 10 minutes per game productively. Despite all of that, last night proved the Cs have enough to win number 18 when all of their pistons are firing and they are motivated.
    Posted by SoCalCeltFan

His leg buckled. How is that at all soft? 

Zero knowledge 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

In Response to Re: Kristics Knee, can we have some speculation? : His leg buckled. How is that at all soft?  Zero knowledge 
    Posted by Pancakespwn

I was referring to the way he played, NOT his injury. No rebounds, no blocks, afraid to take wide open shots, deer in the headlights demeanor, etc. etc.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In Response to Re: Kristics Knee, can we have some speculation? : I was referring to the way he played, NOT his injury. No rebounds, no blocks, afraid to take wide open shots, deer in the headlights demeanor, etc. etc.
    Posted by SoCalCeltFan

wow, that wasn't the krstic i saw playing for boston at ALL. if he's done, we will miss him in the playoffs. a C with hands who can run the floor, grab boards and step out to hit the outside shot? yeah, we will miss him. i hope the o'neals can last. otherwise...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

Posted by SoCalCeltFan

Me thinks you are another clueless poster behind a keyboard. The guy's knee buckled and he is soft?  He had better numbers than Perkins did in his early stint here. He certainly was more versatile. It is not the bigs problem here and all you have to do is watch San Antonio's guards break down Rondo, West and Allen last night. That is where the problem lies. It makes the bigs look bad when they are covering a drive and then they dish to their man for a dunk doesn't it? You haven't seen Troy Murphy healthy to categorize as a stiff. He had solid numbers in New Jersey.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slakrking. Show slakrking's posts

That has the look of a classic ACL tear ... we are so overdue for some luck I hope not

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: Kristics Knee, can we have some speculation? : wow, that wasn't the krstic i saw playing for boston at ALL. if he's done, we will miss him in the playoffs. a C with hands who can run the floor, grab boards and step out to hit the outside shot? yeah, we will miss him. i hope the o'neals can last. otherwise...
    Posted by kaktug

He played well for a while, like sheet the last 5 or 6 games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tonyxx. Show tonyxx's posts

He was able to limp to the locker room so it's probably not a tear.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover

bottom line here is he will join shaq on injury list and will not play for the rest of the YEAR!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Great trade Danny!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

He's a scrub, at least you have a beast in.....JO......HAHAHAHAHA.....to take over!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Laker-Nation 32...  dont forget about Carlos Arroyo either.   Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Kristics Knee, can we have some speculation?:
    I missed the first half of the game last night... when I got home they were starting the 3rd qtr when I heard the news about Kristics leg. Just as we get JON back, another one goes down. You've got to be kidding me!! Well, what I was searching for was some insight to the injury. I saw the replay (and I hate looking at replays like this) and it doesn't look too good to me. However, the only color I've read about the injury was a quote from Doc Rivers... Come on you media nerds...  Doc is a basketball coach..ya think maybe someone could get an opinion from a medical expert, the trainer or someone with some expertise to speculate what results from an injury like this?? I know, Im grasping for straws looking for a ray of light in what looks to be a nasty injury.. Still, can't anyone in the media get some opinions from qualified people as to what this injury is likely to be?  Seems like common sense to me. These reports are robots... with all the wild refereeing going on, rarely a word about it. They just ask the same dumb questions but nobody is investigating things...
    Posted by Karllost

It looked very awkward, my guess is torn ACL and MCL, not sure if it was the same knee he blew out in NJ.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Here's a link to a vido clip of the injury

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOAfrsUIVOE&feature=youtube_gdata

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Laker-Nation 32...  dont forget about Carlos Arroyo either.  
    Posted by Tayshawn

Aint he out of Desperate Housewives Laughing

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

He has AWESOME career numbers though, and will definitely be the celtics savior come playoff time, kind of like Shaq. Check out Arroyo's stats:

SeasonTeamGGSMPGFG%3p%FT%OFFDEFRPGAPGSPGBPGTOPFPPG
    10-11MIA494220.30.4580.4380.8000.31.41.62.00.30.00.91.25.6
    10-11BOS9013.20.3480.3331.0000.61.11.71.80.20.00.90.92.6
    10-11--584219.20.4480.4330.8290.31.31.62.00.30.00.91.25.1
    Career 56319018.80.4380.3350.8060.41.31.73.10.50.01.21.56.7

Surprised

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

I''m guessing it's a strain or a sprain, not a tear -- remember the huge scare we had with KG this season, he missed 5 games, I think.

It's not the same leg as the one he had a torn ACL: that was his left leg and he was out for the season.

I hope he only misses up to 5 games or so.

I'm thinking that he wll get back to playing like he did when he wasn't over-thinking everything, you know, the way he played when he first joined the team.  He just needs the time and practice and for this team to settle down and get through tense time. 

We should know the extent of his injury today sometime.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

I''m guessing it's a strain or a sprain, not a tear -- remember the huge scare we had with KG this season, he missed 5 games, I think. It's not the same leg as the one he had a torn ACL: that was his left leg and he was out for the season. I hope he only misses up to 5 games or so. I'm thinking that he wll get back to playing like he did when he wasn't over-thinking everything, you know, the way he played when he first joined the team.  He just needs the time and practice and for this team to settle down and get through tense time.  We should know the extent of his injury today sometime.
    Posted by RajonRondowski

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............................... Like it even matters. You guys do realize that you are talking about Nenad Krstic, right?  Smile

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I''m guessing it's a strain or a sprain, not a tear -- remember the huge scare we had with KG this season, he missed 5 games, I think. It's not the same leg as the one he had a torn ACL: that was his left leg and he was out for the season. I hope he only misses up to 5 games or so. I'm thinking that he wll get back to playing like he did when he wasn't over-thinking everything, you know, the way he played when he first joined the team.  He just needs the time and practice and for this team to settle down and get through tense time.  We should know the extent of his injury today sometime.
    Posted by RajonRondowski

I like the guy, and think he could help us off the bench in the playoffs

Sections
Shortcuts