KRSTIC IS BETTER THAN PERK..NBA SHOULD SEND US THE RINGS NOW..HOW SOON WILL KG + RAY BE GONE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

KRSTIC IS BETTER THAN PERK..NBA SHOULD SEND US THE RINGS NOW..HOW SOON WILL KG + RAY BE GONE?

ainge truly is belichickian.. i couldnt believe my eyes last night. clippers may not be the best test in the league, but this team already looks and smells better! nenad has some big gonads as he was not afraid to stick his nose in there and had 6 offensive rebounds. he clearly is faster and quicker than perk which means he can get to rebounds that dont just happen to find his hands by coincidence. he also made that 18-foot jumper with CONFIDENCE, making it easy to see why he is shooting 50% from the field this year and shooting over 80% from the ft line! the tradeoff in strength and attitude will more than be made up with the things nenad brings to the table, whether coming off the bench or starting. the pairing with shaq or jo in any capacity makes us much stronger. we now have 3 centers who can play some defense and dominate on the boards as well as on offense. i think david johnson is already better than erden, so thats 4 potential centers! 

i like how green will have to grow into his role but i like what i saw in terms of his motor and athleticism. i saw more spacing and higher shooting percentages esp in the fourth with rondo on the bench! hate to say it for i said rr will be a perennial all-star but at this time i like the fact doc is already showing faith in west. once he gets his shot flowing and confidence maximized, pairing him with baby or green at the end of games or at least at key 4th quarter stretches will make us a better team. i loved the spacing i saw. 

barring a major injury to pp, rondo or kg (we can overcome ray ray), i dont see how we can lose. bulls scared me BEFORE this trade but i think we are in a much better position to beat them too. perk would have been marginalized versus them anyways. nenad can force noah to defend him way outside the paint thus nullifying his inside threats. as others have said, at worse it will now be 4 on 5 (when rr decides to not shoot and hit them), but even then, we do not have to just live with that anymore with west and green around..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: KRSTIC IS BETTER THAN PERK TOO... NBA SHOULD JUST SEND US THE RINGS NOW!

In Response to Re: KRSTIC IS BETTER THAN PERK TOO... NBA SHOULD JUST SEND US THE RINGS NOW!:
    [QUOTE]Great post.  I think you are right on point with Ainge being Belichickian.  I think what I saw last night is that the Celtics SYSTEM and CULTURE is now the strongest feature than the indiviudal parts.  I have seen Nenad Kristic play in New Jersey and OKC and I did not see that level of aggressiveness.  The system is accountable and he knows that what it takes to be accountable here.  Paul Pierce and Ray Allen did not play defense the way the do now and now look at them, they are getting after it.  Ditto, Von Wafer.  Despite all the injuries, the Celtics have plugged various people into the system and they have excelled, just like the Patriots.  Frankly, I think this kid Chris Johnson is a keeper.  It is not that Kristic is better than Perkins, he just brings different things; there are times when we are going to need an enforcer and one has to look at the fact that folks like KG and Baby are going to have to bring that.  What Boston did was get guys that are more like swish-army knives, ala Troy Brown, and can fit into a system.  We can credit Kevin Garnett for the intensity and setting he expectations. 
    Posted by ShepherdCall[/QUOTE]
    yep.. its chris johnson.. hopefully his play will force us all to remember his name! ditto with KRSTiC (no kris). as the announcers on nba tv kept repeating last nite, playing with the big 4 is the best thing that will happen to nenad/nen. he will get plenty of empty looks and will be the guy teams will leave open (esp with west or pp playing the point! look for nenad to close out many quarters and be out there as celts go in to halftime. guys like him will benefit from the system and structure. like in baseball, when a good pitcher like an aj burnett or mike mussina goes from being the ace to the #2 or #3 guy or the #2 guy dropping to #3 or 4.. nenad has always played great with the serbian national team where there are others to pick up the slack and he can go outside and play his game. everyone also ignores the fact that this guy has been the STARTING center on a team that pushed the lakers to seven last year and had won 35 games this year for first place in their division. the guy is already a winner and a matchup problem for many elite teams.. was just about degrees in improvement. we have enough enforcers and scowling guys, perk was a luxury. a little euro doesnt hurt, makes us more versatile!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

I've been one to overreact to this trade.  Pretty negative on the whole thing, but last night did show me something; Green presents a viable threat from the perimeter, and Kristic has a little bit of game.  Not much, but enough. 

He cannot play D the way Perk could, and frankly, Chris Johnson needs to gain about 30 pounds to be an effective center at this level. I get that he's got serious potential, but it's painful watching these guys get thrown around under the hoop.  I shudder to think what happens in a matchup against Bynum, Howard, or Bosch.  They will destroy our "bigs"; BB, KG and Green are going to have to double down a lot in the near future, and that means a lot more energy expended.  Perk gave this team a man-up defender who rarely needed help.

I gotta say, they played with heart last night, all things considered.  I'm a long way from drinking the koolaid on this deal, but I'll stand by them no matter what. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

Kristic will fear KG's rath and play his 20 minutes with a good motor.   Green looked lost but once he gets acclimated he could be lethal off the bench..  For the first time in ages I didn't crinch when the starters hit the bench.  So happy not to see Nate out there and to see Delonte play with in the system.. Bench is going to be solid...   Feeling better about this trade each passing day..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

No need for double downs or over helping.  Krstic can play one on one against most centers out there.  Shaq will be back soon and JON right before the playoffs.  Plus im sure someone bought out will find their way onto the bench to help at the 4/5 spot.

I was at the game last night and there was a play Rondo to Green that was off for an alley oop, that showed me that we are going to be in for a fun ride once Green/Krstic get more comfy in the system.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

5 things i forgot to add... first, this starting unit has NEVER lost a game, they are undefeated with a 1.0000 winning percentage.. almost anyone they throw out there with the big 4 wil have a great record with them.. duh! had shaq played in game 7, we win.. had nenad played, we win.. had jo played, we win... had semih played, we win... who are we kidding.. perk is just one of a lot of other guys. heck if kg was healthy and playing as he is now, we win with or without perk. kg is the key! the 6 offensive rebounds nenad the big gonad had was the MOST by any celtic all year.. coincidence?

second, do not be shocked if we trade ray allen along with that 2012 first rounder at the trade deadline next year regardless of our record or whether we win a ring this year. esp if ray is healthy and playing as he is now, he will have value and can bring us both a younger sharpshooter/defender type and a young center type. 

third, we keep forgetting the first rounder danny managed to squeeze out of the perk deal. if anything, i would think it would have gone the other way. we give a first for them taking an injured perk and a useless nate in exchange for two of their proven and healthy starters! i wonder who that second rounder will end up being in 2017? i bet danny is scouting him now.... i like how this team is positioning to still be competitive after the demise of the big 3. with rr, green, baby, and the guys we get in the ray trade we should be even better in 2012-2015... of course the competition is getting better too but thats part of the joy! i get danny's logic, just as i do with belichick and theo! about always staying title competitive while never mortgaging the future. do not want to endure another 15 year drought as we did following the last big 3... 

fourth, like fact that danny already has doc's likely replacement right on the bench. sure that was part of the deal when he did another one-year hesitation deal. you can leave after this year but you must have a strong assistant who can take over when you are done without a major change being necessary... would be great if they had kept a sam cassell as a coach (who played within the system) so he could be around to continue the offense when doc does leave after next year... oh yep, they have tyron lue who played with doc with the magic at one point... never mind!

last, anyone notice how the celts got to the line 41 times last night, the most of the season? that tells u all  you need to know about how much better we are now. used to be only pp could create his own shot and attack the hole. green clearly can do that. by nenad being outside as a threat, frees up the inside for drives rather than fat azzed perk clogging everything up.. plus by being aggressive (least for one nite), nenad got to the line five times..  either way i look for the celts to continue attacking the hoop and getting to the foul line just as miami does..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

don't be surprised if danny trades kg for al jefferson and a first rounder at next year's deadline while sending ray somewhere also, esp if the team is going great!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: KRSTIC IS BETTER THAN PERK TOO... NBA SHOULD JUST SEND US THE RINGS NOW!:
    [QUOTE]don't be surprised if danny trades kg for al jefferson and a first rounder at next year's deadline while sending ray somewhere also, esp if the team is going great!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

clearly he would only do this in reaction to be 100% sure Dwight Howard wouldn't be coming here, we'd need max space to sign him

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

CC...I can see Ray, but not KG.  Thats just going a little too far!!!  But, you never know with DA.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: KRSTIC IS BETTER THAN PERK TOO... NBA SHOULD JUST SEND US THE RINGS NOW.. HOW SOON THEREAFTER WILL KG + PAY BE GONE?

[QUOTE]CC...I can see Ray, but not KG.  Thats just going a little too far!!!  But, you never know with DA.
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]sorry guys i c both allen and kg going down the same path as perk and semih this year in terms of nagging injuries NEXT year. kg's contract is up after next year. i can see danny doing a 3 way deal and getting back some #1s and younger talent in return. with paul ready to play the 2 and green ready to assume the 3, plus an improved shooting rondo (and likely a re-signed baby and west), celts may find that both of them are expendable.  danny's no dummy, he may get back a jefferson, but clear out just enough cap room to be able to go after a howard.. or just find a young stud with a qualifying offer type deal as with green so the celts have the option of going after a howard before they have to decide on picking up the option... if you cant get a howard, you pick up the option... got it? 

one way or the other, the celtics will not enter the 2012 season with either ray or kg on this team.. there will be another major move or two to get this team younger as they stay competitive (likely a 3-way trade) shooting guard is a luxury. 1-2-3 are set for the next 3-5 years. before 3012, pf and the 5 have to be re-visited. no shaq, jo, kg, or ray. i can see both green or nenad still around. paul is the one UNTRADEABLE brady-type guy! regardless of circumstances, pp is going nowhere til his deal runs out! DANNY clearly has already put the thought into this as he did with perk when he signed both o'neals.. like how he coyly said it would be tough to play all 3 of those guys, as if it wasnt clear way back in the summer when he signed them!

danny clearly is looking towards 2012 to change the entire dynamic on this team. wouldnt shock me if lawrence frank is the coach then too! we will have one more stud to go along with pp and rondo (that affordable contract was genius, but only 2 years left after next year.. meaning a max deal after next year), then with all those first rounders he will be hoarding, he can fill in the blanks like belichick and assure that this team is set for the indefinite future as they continue to compete for rings in the short term.. pp will ultimately be the indispensbale link and the last one standing to teach and enforce the standards before it is eventually passed to rondo and baby! i do not see green hanging around after next year or signing an extension after we pick up his option without some understanding that he wil be starting as early as 2012.... he's in his prime years! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Krysic is much better than Perk offensively, but then again, every center is better than Perk offensively. On defense, he is a liability. Kaman and the Clippers focused their offense against Krystic with great success. Kaman, a good journeyman center pushed him around. Krystic weighs less than KG, and he will be the focus of other team's offense as well.

The Celtics are a defense first team, and Krytic can not play defense against the elite centers of the league. He has difficulty defending average centers as we saw last night. Perk will be missed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Krysic is much better than Perk offensively, but then again, every center is better than Perk offensively. On defense, he is a liability. Kaman and the Clippers focused their offense against Krystic with great success. Kaman, a good journeyman center pushed him around. Krystic weighs less than KG, and he will be the focus of other team's offense as well. The Celtics are a defense first team, and Krytic can not play defense against the elite centers of the league. He has difficulty defending average centers as we saw last night. Perk will be missed.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

Youre right, we're gonna miss some of the things Perk was capable of doing.

Two questions, will we get back more in other areas  than what Perk gave us defensively and what other players  (inclu Shaq & JO)  will we be able to play at Center to replace Perk?

Right now its mostly speculation. We're unsure of Shaqs and JONs status today and for the future... We really dont know how much Green & K will contribute or if they can pick up our system on the fly/

If we get Shaq & JON back playing reasonable healthy, coupled with Kristic  and even BBD all playing center... then Im feelin pretty good about the trade.

Add another big , maybe Sheed in shape or someone else, we're in great shape

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

In Response to KRSTIC IS BETTER THAN PERK TOO... NBA SHOULD JUST SEND US THE RINGS NOW!:
    [QUOTE]ainge truly is belichickian.. i couldnt believe my eyes last night. clippers may not be the best test in the league, but this team already looks and smells better! nenad has some big gonads as he was not afraid to stick his nose in there and had 6 offensive rebounds. he clearly is faster and quicker than perk which means he can get to rebounds that dont just happen to find his hands by coincidence. he also made that 18-foot jumper with CONFIDENCE, making it easy to see why he is shooting 50% from the field this year and shooting over 80% from the ft line! the tradeoff in strength and attitude will more than be made up with the things nenad brings to the table, whether coming off the bench or starting. the pairing with shaq or jo in any capacity makes us much stronger. we now have 3 centers who can play some defense and dominate on the boards as well as on offense. i think david johnson is already better than erden, so thats 4 potential centers!  i like how green will have to grow into his role but i like what i saw in terms of his motor and athleticism. i saw more spacing and higher shooting percentages esp in the fourth with rondo on the bench! hate to say it for i said rr will be a perennial all-star but at this time i like the fact doc is already showing faith in west. once he gets his shot flowing and confidence maximized, pairing him with baby or green at the end of games or at least at key 4th quarter stretches will make us a better team. i loved the spacing i saw.  barring a major injury to pp, rondo or kg (we can overcome ray ray), i dont see how we can lose. bulls scared me BEFORE this trade but i think we are in a much better position to beat them too. perk would have been marginalized versus them anyways. nenad can force noah to defend him way outside the paint thus nullifying his inside threats. as others have said, at worse it will now be 4 on 5 (when rr decides to not shoot and hit them), but even then, we do not have to just live with that anymore with west and green around..

I somewhat agree with what you are saying here, but I have a few reservations.

First, Krystic played a good game, and grabbing those offensive boards was the biggest stat he put up during the game.  That being said, it's one game.  The guy needs to show consistency and I hope he does.  Only time will tell if he can come in off the bench and produce each night.  Not only in points but boards and defense as well.  I'm not trying to be cynical here, but skepticism is going to run rampid until he plays a few more games like the one he played againt the Clips.

Completely agree about Green.  Tremendous athlete and I can't wait to see what him and Rondo can do once the chemistry formulates and they get out on the open floor.  It finally gives the C's a run and gun offensive tempo for certain lineups. 

I couldn't disagree more about what you said regarding Ray.  He's so vital to this team that if he goes down we won't do much  of anything in the post season.  The guy scores and when he isn't scoring he's always forcing the defense to play tight due to the 3-point threat.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]No need for double downs or over helping.  Krstic can play one on one against most centers out there.  Shaq will be back soon and JON right before the playoffs.  Plus im sure someone bought out will find their way onto the bench to help at the 4/5 spot. I was at the game last night and there was a play Rondo to Green that was off for an alley oop, that showed me that we are going to be in for a fun ride once Green/Krstic get more comfy in the system.
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

Against the good centers we will have to double down.  Kristic showed last nite that he can be backed down.  Howard will eat him up without a double team. Same with Gasol.  Nothing wrong with a little help defense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from angel3781. Show angel3781's posts

[QUOTE]don't be surprised if danny trades kg for al jefferson and a first rounder at next year's deadline while sending ray somewhere also, esp if the team is going great!

That trade makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.  Both KG and Jefferson will be free agents after that season, so there'd be no reason to make that move.  I too have thought about us bringing back Jefferson as a free agent to pair along side Dwight Howard which I think has a good chance of happening.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from usa4life. Show usa4life's posts

Gasal is a problem if he is on his game, but its 50-50 that the Lakers make it through without homecourt. You have to wonder if the fire will be there after winning the last two.

I am most worried about the Bulls. Rose eats Rondo up. Deng is the best Pierce stopper in the game. KG will have to bring his A game to win this series.
    A healthy Shaq will also be a get weapon.

I don't worry about Miami for some reason. Lebron is just not mature enough, however, he just may figure it out this time around now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Karl,

There is no question that Shaq and JO are superior to Perk offensively. Shaq is light years ahead of Perk on offense. 

It is not speculation that Perk could guard any center in the NBA, and that he is probably one of two that could. It is also not speculation that neither Shaq and JO, are great not defenders. It is also not speculation that Krystic nor any of the available buy-out candidates will be able to quard elite centers. Krystic was the focus of the Clippers offense with Kaman. Murphy will not be able to guard Bynum nor Duncan. That is a gamble by anyones standards.

I hope that Danny has guessed right. I hope that the improved Celtic offense will be able to overcome the decreased Celtic defense.

The speculations is whether or not the improved offense will overcome the decreased defense. I have alway given Danny and Doc the benefit of the doubt, and I will continue to do so. I had no idea, however, that Danny would gamble the way that they did. I hope they are shown to be right.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Karl, There is no question that Shaq and JO are superior to Perk offensively. Shaq is light years ahead of Perk on offense.  It is not speculation that Perk could guard any center in the NBA, and that he is probably one of two that could. It is also not speculation that neither Shaq and JO, are great not defenders. It is also not speculation that Krystic nor any of the available buy-out candidates will be able to quard elite centers. Krystic was the focus of the Clippers offense with Kaman. Murphy will not be able to guard Bynum nor Duncan. That is a gamble by anyones standards. I hope that Danny has guessed right. I hope that the improved Celtic offense will be able to overcome the decreased Celtic defense. The speculations is whether or not the improved offense will overcome the decreased defense. I have alway given Danny and Doc the benefit of the doubt, and I will continue to do so. I had no idea, however, that Danny would gamble the way that they did. I hope they are shown to be right.

I don't agree with you on JO.  I think he played outstanding defense when he has played this year.  He had more blocks than anyone.  Last game againt the Magic Howard wore Perkins out.  I know it was one game but I think it had been trending that way for a while.  Shaq did a good job on him the first game even though we lost.  I think Howard had like 6 pts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

One,

I guess we will will see. I have never seen JO play outstanding defense. I hope you are right. We will need him if he can.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]One, I guess we will will see. I have never seen JO play outstanding defense. I hope you are right. We will need him if he can.

Well maybe I was a little over the top on outstanding,  but he was helping out and blocking shots.  I was comfortable with him.  I think he could supply the same thing Perkins did.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: KRSTIC IS BETTER THAN PERK..NBA SHOULD SEND US THE RINGS NOW..HOW SOON WILL KG + RAY BE GONE?

look, hate to break it to you all but no way is HOWARD coming to boston! like belichick there is a pattern to ainge's madness. in same way belichick will not spend top or long money for defensive backs, wide receivers, or offensive linemen. 
    ainge will not spend top money for a center... period! he can draft or mix and match there. baby is a classic ainge guy. troy murphy is another. now ainge can mix and match at the pf/center spot with a classic big banger in baby or bring in a taller lankier finesse guy who can step out and shoot the three or make some kaman type moves as he goes inside. danny will give rondo his max deal for  a great pg is indispensable, the young stud pf who takes over for kg will be getting his almost-max deal. if celts trade for a jefferson, you can be rest assured they would likely ask for some assurance that he will do a melo-type extension before the trade goes through. jeff green will not cost more than 8mil at any point of his prime years if done right. the y key pieces going forward will be rondo and the pf stud with everyone else being a complimentary piece around them!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KRSTIC IS BETTER THAN PERK TOO... NBA SHOULD JUST SEND US THE RINGS NOW! : Well maybe I was a little over the top on outstanding,  but he was helping out and blocking shots.  I was comfortable with him.  I think he could supply the same thing Perkins did.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Trouble with JON is the rebound needs to bounce to him or the shooter has to come to him because JON just cant move.  Maybe this surgery gives him a little more movement, that would be nice.

Danny has a lot of faith that he comes back and helps out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: KRSTIC IS BETTER THAN PERK..NBA SHOULD SEND US THE RINGS NOW..HOW SOON WILL KG + RAY BE GONE?

sheed comes over ONLY if we do not get troy murphy! if sheed makes it clear he wants to play, i will risk heat signing troy rather than signing SHEED! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Krysic is much better than Perk offensively, but then again, every center is better than Perk offensively. On defense, he is a liability. Kaman and the Clippers focused their offense against Krystic with great success. Kaman, a good journeyman center pushed him around. Krystic weighs less than KG, and he will be the focus of other team's offense as well. The Celtics are a defense first team, and Krytic can not play defense against the elite centers of the league. He has difficulty defending average centers as we saw last night. Perk will be missed.

"Kaman a good journeyman center"..... um journeyman centers do not make all-star teams.  Kaman is one of the top 5 or 6 centers in the league.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Holy cow, did you see Kaman last night?  He looked like he could have backed down perk, shaq, or a hummer if he had to.

Clearly didnt' stay on his diet while injured.  He's better than journeyman for sure.  Luckilly he was too out of shape to contribute in the second half.

Sections
Shortcuts