KRSTIC OR SHAQ TO START?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

KRSTIC OR SHAQ TO START?

thought it was a given shaq gets to start. figure it may help his feet and so on if he werent on the bench and so forth. plus he was so efficient with that starting group. but krstic has been a total stud. i would rather have a younger guy in there who is most likely to stay healthy all the way thru. right now i see the o'neals as bonuses. krstic can do it all. he's not a big banger but how many of those are out there to test him other than howard til we reach the finals? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: KRSTIC OR SHAQ TO START?

Shaq starts and Krstic gives added punch to the subs offense, IMO.  But, I can live with it either way.    I just think Shaq won't be good enough to get his own points and needs Rondo to get him the ball in the right spot.   So, start Shaq playing only with the starters and let Krstic play with the starters some and with the subs some.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to KRSTIC OR SHAQ TO START?:
    [QUOTE]thought it was a given shaq gets to start. figure it may help his feet and so on if he werent on the bench and so forth. plus he was so efficient with that starting group. but krstic has been a total stud. i would rather have a younger guy in there who is most likely to stay healthy all the way thru. right now i see the o'neals as bonuses. krstic can do it all. he's not a big banger but how many of those are out there to test him other than howard til we reach the finals? 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

People have differing opinions... is there any chance that I could get a more pix of you and is there any way to meet you to discuss and challenge our opinions?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: KRSTIC OR SHAQ TO START?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to KRSTIC OR SHAQ TO START? : People have differing opinions... is there any chance that I could get a more pix of you and is there any way to meet you to discuss and challenge our opinions?
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    what dudder, hmmmm do you like my bike or something? would you like to RIDEEEEEE it?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aidenj2005. Show aidenj2005's posts

I like bikes i like to rideeeen Response to Re: KRSTIC OR SHAQ TO START?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KRSTIC OR SHAQ TO START? : what dudder, hmmmm do you like my bike or something? would you like to RIDEEEEEE it?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

was just gonna start a thread about this...I went over this in my head alot...but i think i would start krstic he has been playing good with the first unit...and it would be good for shaq to give the second unit a boost...i dunno but i wouldnt have a problem with shaq starting either...good post

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Id have to go with Shaq... I dont think hed be nearly as effective playing with the second unit.

Besides, Shaq only gonna play 1/2 the game anyway, so Kristic will get plenty of time with the starters and add some scoring & boards to the 2nd unit

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from santafesino. Show santafesino's posts

I DO NOT WHO WILL START THE MATCH, BUT KRSTIC PLAY ALL THE LAST QUARTER

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Shaq should start

he needs to come back soon, just for like 12 mins a game. He can play the first 4 mins of 3 quarters w/ the team. Come playoff time he can hopefully play the first 6 mins of all 4 quarters.

For the rest of this season, once shaq is back, last 15 games or so, I'd like to see Kristic play the last 8 mins of the 1st/3rd quarters, the middle 4 mins in the 2nd/4th and then Baby and Green can each get time @ end of 2nd/4th playing PF w/ our 4 all-stars.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If all goes well Delonte returns Wed vs. Pacers and Shaq 1 week later after our mini road trip vs. Memphis (or maybe in an emotional boost for team @ NY Monday)

Either way that gives us 13-14 games left. 4 times we have a back-to-back so I'd give Shaq 1 game off. So like 10 games for the big fella to ease himself back in.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Come playoff time:

C - 22-24 mins Shaq, 12-16 mins Kristic and 10-14 mins KG
    PF - 22-24 mins KG, 14-18 mins Baby, 6-10 mins Green
    SF - 26-30 mins Pierce, 18-22 mins Green
    SG - 38 mins Ray, 10 mins Pierce
    PG - 38 mins Rondo, 10 DWest

9 man rotation

A bench of Krstic-Baby-Green-DWest is NASTY

If we get 22-24 mins w/ 12-13 points, 7-8 rebounds and a block per from Shaq this postseason I'd be pretty confident we will win the title.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Shaq starts and Krstic gives added punch to the subs offense, IMO.  But, I can live with it either way.    I just think Shaq won't be good enough to get his own points and needs Rondo to get him the ball in the right spot.   So, start Shaq playing only with the starters and let Krstic play with the starters some and with the subs some.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Thanks for saving me some typing.  You said exactly what i was thinking.  Kristic can get his own plus his rebounding has really impressed me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If Shaq gimps around for 10-12 mins I don't think we can beat LA. We can beat the Magic even tho Shaq is so good to have vs. Howard, b/c BBD is as well. But Davis and Green will get swallowed up by Bynum or Gasol, so we need Shaq then.

Maybe if JON is magically healthy enough to play 18-20 mins at that point and the type of D Sheed brought we'd have a shot. Then you just sit an ineffective/not 100% Shaq for all but mini-foul fest stints.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

We can beat the other teams w/o the O'Neals tho. But it means we'd have to play KG nearly all the mins younger bigs like Bosh/Noah/Chandler/Amare get. ... that is scary... even w/ a 'go for it all' mentality I'd want to keep KG @ 34-36 mins for all but 3-4 game 6 or 7's in the playoffs.

Just to get past the 2nd round we'd need vintage 40 min 20-12 games from KG w/ outstanding D, making up for Krstic/Green/Baby being next to him down low. That would be in EVERY game in rd 2, East finals and NBA finals. Not sure I see it.

JON is a wild card. With the way you shorten a bench to 8-9 guys in the playoffs, I'd hope we won't won't need him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Can you imagine how effective Krystic or Shaq will be on the second unit. Today we hopefully got a glimpse of how things will come together.  Starting either will do.

Murphy may actually help as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Green becoming to us what Odom is to LA in the playoffs would also be incredible. 

Odom during LA's back to backs was an 11p 9r 2a 1b guy who kept Bynum/Gasol rested enough w/ his 30 mins so they were 100% effective (at least in '09 when Bynum was not hurt).

If Green plays 24-26 mins, w/ 13p 5r and a big block/steal/Posey-like 3 EVERY playoff game... while keeping Ray/PP in the 36-38 min range, not 40-42... so they are ON in the 4th quarter, that would go a long way to sealing up #18.

We already know Baby is at least equal to last years version and the '08 Powe/Baby duo. So if DWest is better than Nate/House and Green better than Posey/TA... w/ our 4 all-stars prob slightly better than last year... well, all we need is Shaq/Kristic to produce more than Perk/Sheed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

[QUOTE]Come playoff time: C - 22-24 mins Shaq, 12-16 mins Kristic and 10-14 mins KG PF - 22-24 mins KG, 14-18 mins Baby, 6-10 mins Green SF - 26-30 mins Pierce, 18-22 mins Green SG - 38 mins Ray, 10 mins Pierce PG - 38 mins Rondo, 10 DWest 9 man rotation A bench of Krstic-Baby-Green-DWest is NASTY If we get 22-24 mins w/ 12-13 points, 7-8 rebounds and a block per from Shaq this postseason I'd be pretty confident we will win the title.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

I like this. couldn't have put it better myself. slightly more minutes for baby IMO, and I think there's room for JO if (and that's a big IF) healthy. arroyo takes west minutes if he's injured again.

I think 10 pts and 5 rebs is good enough for shaq, as long as he keeps up his ridiculous efficiency (was shooting nearly 70%)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KRSTIC OR SHAQ TO START? : I like this. couldn't have put it better myself. slightly more minutes for baby IMO, and I think there's room for JO if (and that's a big IF) healthy. arroyo takes west minutes if he's injured again. I think 10 pts and 5 rebs is good enough for shaq, as long as he keeps up his ridiculous efficiency (was shooting nearly 70%)
    Posted by teh-n00b[/QUOTE]

True.

10-5 in 18-20 mins could be good enough. So if he gives us 14-8 in 24 mins thats what makes me feel we'd almost be a lock to win it all.

Playoff rotations are always smaller. I'd hope there is only a handful of mins for JON to come in and rest KG/Shaq, give some fouls.

It messes w/ the fluidity of the core group if you are sharing time between the O'Neals.

Powe and House eventually took all the mins aaway from Baby/Cassell in '08 when Doc couldn't shorten it down at first. TA got all Marquis mins last year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I don't think the Celtics should play Shaquille O'Neal twice as many minutes as Krstic. Present day Shaq doesn't have the athleticism, finish, shooting touch, or even rebounding skills, of Krstic. The new Celtic center has really been a revelation. He's playing phenomenal basketball. He's dominating on the offensive glass, something no one else did for the Celtics this year. I could definitely see him averaging a double-double the rest of the way.

I'd rather see Krstic play 22-24 minutes and Shaquille O'Neal 12-16 minutes. In shorter spurts, the older O'Neal wouldn't have to pace himself, wouldn't have to worry about committing fouls, and could be used in situations where the Celtics need a wide body to contend with someone like Dwight Howard or Andrew Bynum on the defensive end. If O'Neal can give the Celtics 20 solid minutes, then maybe Krstic could see a little bit of time at power forward to keep Garnett and Davis fresh. But under no circumstance would I want to play Krstic for under 20 minutes a game. He's added multiple dimensions to this team and really makes a difference.

I think the bigger question isn't Krstic vs. Shaq, but how Jermaine O'Neal fits in once he hopefully returns. Though not much of an offensive player anymore, he's still an excellent rebounder, defender, and shot-blocker. If he can give the team 15 minutes a night, he would be a tremendous asset. Jermaine O'Neal is basically a leaner version of Kendrick Perkins, with slightly better shooting range.

My ideal playoff minute allotment (adjustable by opponent):

C: Shaquille O'Neal 18 min., Nenad Krstic 17 min., Jermaine O'Neal 13 min.
    PF: Kevin Garnett 25 min., Glen Davis 20 min., Nenad Krstic 3 min.
    SF: Paul Pierce 30 min., Jeff Green 18 min.
    PG: Rajon Rondo 35 min., Carlos Arroyo 10 min., Delonte West 3 min.
    SG: Ray Allen 30 min., Delonte West 15 min., Jeff Green 3 min.

Grand Totals:
    1. Rondo, 35 min.
    2. Pierce, 30 min.
    3. Allen, 30 min.
    4. Garnett, 25 min.
    5. Green, 21 min.
    6. Krstic, 20 min.
    7. Davis, 20 min.
    8. West, 18 min.
    9. S. O'Neal, 18 min.
    10. J. O'Neal, 13 min.
    11. Arroyo, 10 min.

I know an 11-man rotation seems crazy for the playoffs, but the Celtics are an older team, all of these guys can play, and I think it's more important that everyone remain well-rested so that they can go all-out when they're in, rather than exhaust themselves by needlessly shortening the rotation to 9 guys.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from strider9. Show strider9's posts

I was also thinking of this prior to logging on. I think I would prefer to see Krstic start. Although Shaq should definately start against Howard or Bynum if we see them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

It's weird to start a thread about Shaq starting/playing when he can't even get on the floor, but so it goes. 

As for: "krstic has been a total stud.. krstic can do it all.." Um, no he can't. He can't get a defensive board to save his life and he can't stop his man. The last time he scored 21, his man scored 20. I'm hopeful that he will pick up the defensive schemes, but if he doesn't, he won't have a place with the starting unit when Shaq is back. Is Shaq a great defender? No, but his wide body must be accounted for, he clogs the lane. 

So for now, assuming Shaq is back, he looks like the starter, with Krstic providing scoring punch to the second unit. Don't get me wrong, I am happy with Krstic on our team, but those who think he has been "phenominal" don't understand that defense wins championships.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Great post

I don't think the Celtics should play Shaquille O'Neal twice as many minutes as Krstic. Present day Shaq doesn't have the athleticism, finish, shooting touch, or even rebounding skills, of Krstic.

This is true. I'd say that his playing time will be more matchup related. It is a stretch to see Shaq staying out of foul trouble and having enough gas in the tank for 24 mins. Maybe just in games 6 or 7 vs. LA he'd be out of his mind and able.

If we play the Magic then I'd see Shaq and Baby each playing 20 mins on Howard. Kristic can play Anderson for like the 8 mins he backs up Howard. Then you can have KG on Anderson/Turk @ PF and Baby/Green on Bass.

Kristic less mins vs. those two teams.

If we play LA and Gasol goes 40, Bynum 36 and Odom 32, I'd look for Shaq to play 22 on Bynum and maybe JON the other 14. Then you throw KG @ Gasol 32 mins and Krisic like 8. Green gets 20-24 mins on Odom and Bbay like 8-12.

But if you are playing other teams with bigs like Noah, Zaza Pachulia, Haywood, Ilgauskas/Dampier/Anthony, then look for Kristic to play more.

The new Celtic center has really been a revelation. He's playing phenomenal basketball. He's dominating on the offensive glass, something no one else did for the Celtics this year. I could definitely see him averaging a double-double the rest of the way.

Regular season, maybe, he is so vital for us now. Perk wouldn't even have played these last 9 games he's been out there.

but playoffs are a different story, he does give up A LOT of points. The Celts were dominate and didn't miss a beat w/ shaq early in the year. They have changed a bit w/ Nenad and are giving up over 100 pts since trade. They have dropped to 2nd behind Chicago in that category since Feb.

I'd rather see Krstic play 22-24 minutes and Shaquille O'Neal 12-16 minutes. In shorter spurts, the older O'Neal wouldn't have to pace himself, wouldn't have to worry about committing fouls, and could be used in situations where the Celtics need a wide body to contend with someone like Dwight Howard or Andrew Bynum on the defensive end. If O'Neal can give the Celtics 20 solid minutes, then maybe Krstic could see a little bit of time at power forward to keep Garnett and Davis fresh. But under no circumstance would I want to play Krstic for under 20 minutes a game. He's added multiple dimensions to this team and really makes a difference.

Hmmm, I see him playing around 20 w/ no JON and well under if you try to fit him in as well.

I think the bigger question isn't Krstic vs. Shaq, but how Jermaine O'Neal fits in once he hopefully returns. Though not much of an offensive player anymore, he's still an excellent rebounder, defender, and shot-blocker. If he can give the team 15 minutes a night, he would be a tremendous asset. Jermaine O'Neal is basically a leaner version of Kendrick Perkins, with slightly better shooting range.

JON shouldn't have to play much if Shaq and Baby are healthy. I guess he could 'rest' KG in rd 1 and be a big help on Bynum in the finals.

My ideal playoff minute allotment (adjustable by opponent):

C: Shaquille O'Neal 18 min., Nenad Krstic 17 min., Jermaine O'Neal 13 min
    PF: Kevin Garnett 25 min., Glen Davis 20 min., Nenad Krstic 3 min.
    SF: Paul Pierce 30 min., Jeff Green 18 min.
    PG: Rajon Rondo 35 min., Carlos Arroyo 10 min., Delonte West 3 min.
    SG: Ray Allen 30 min., Delonte West 15 min., Jeff Green 3 min.

That is a great lineup for the last 10-12 games of this season. + some for Kristic and - some for JON.

Green is no SG so that would be PP getting mins there. The big 3 will simply play well over 25-30-30 mins in the playoffs and no Arroyo at all if DWest is healthy.

Grand Totals:
    1. Rondo, 35 min.
    2. Pierce, 30 min.
    3. Allen, 30 min.
    4. Garnett, 25 min.
    5. Green, 21 min.
    6. Krstic, 20 min.
    7. Davis, 20 min.
    8. West, 18 min.
    9. S. O'Neal, 18 min.
    10. J. O'Neal, 13 min.
    11. Arroyo, 10 min.

I know an 11-man rotation seems crazy for the playoffs, but the Celtics are an older team, all of these guys can play, and I think it's more important that everyone remain well-rested so that they can go all-out when they're in, rather than exhaust themselves by needlessly shortening the rotation to 9 guys.

Maybe in rd. 1

By the 2nd round we will be hard pressed to win the series and each game will be a dog fight. You will need big mins from the 4 all-stars and a shorter rotation.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]It's weird to start a thread about Shaq starting/playing when he can't even get on the floor, but so it goes.  As for: " krstic has been a total stud.. krstic can do it all.." Um, no he can't. He can't get a defensive board to save his life and he can't stop his man. The last time he scored 21, his man scored 20. I'm hopeful that he will pick up the defensive schemes, but if he doesn't, he won't have a place with the starting unit when Shaq is back. Is Shaq a great defender? No, but his wide body must be accounted for, he clogs the lane.  So for now, assuming Shaq is back, he looks like the starter, with Krstic providing scoring punch to the second unit. Don't get me wrong, I am happy with Krstic on our team, but those who think he has been "phenominal" don't understand that defense wins championships.  
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

True

I made the point that he gives up a lot.

The team played better on both sides of the ball when Shaq was playing in the Fall.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]C - 22-24 mins Shaq, 12-16 mins Kristic and 10-14 mins KG I don't think the Celtics should play Shaquille O'Neal twice as many minutes as Krstic. Present day Shaq doesn't have the athleticism, finish, shooting touch, or even rebounding skills, of Krstic. The new Celtic center has really been a revelation. He's playing phenomenal basketball. He's dominating on the offensive glass, something no one else did for the Celtics this year. I could definitely see him averaging a double-double the rest of the way. I'd rather see Krstic play 22-24 minutes and Shaquille O'Neal 12-16 minutes. In shorter spurts, the older O'Neal wouldn't have to pace himself, wouldn't have to worry about committing fouls, and could be used in situations where the Celtics need a wide body to contend with someone like Dwight Howard or Andrew Bynum on the defensive end. If O'Neal can give the Celtics 20 solid minutes, then maybe Krstic could see a little bit of time at power forward to keep Garnett and Davis fresh. But under no circumstance would I want to play Krstic for under 20 minutes a game. He's added multiple dimensions to this team and really makes a difference. I think the bigger question isn't Krstic vs. Shaq, but how Jermaine O'Neal fits in once he hopefully returns. Though not much of an offensive player anymore, he's still an excellent rebounder, defender, and shot-blocker. If he can give the team 15 minutes a night, he would be a tremendous asset. Jermaine O'Neal is basically a leaner version of Kendrick Perkins, with slightly better shooting range. My ideal playoff minute allotment (adjustable by opponent): C: Shaquille O'Neal 18 min., Nenad Krstic 17 min., Jermaine O'Neal 13 min. PF: Kevin Garnett 25 min., Glen Davis 20 min., Nenad Krstic 3 min. SF: Paul Pierce 30 min., Jeff Green 18 min. PG: Rajon Rondo 35 min., Carlos Arroyo 10 min., Delonte West 3 min. SG: Ray Allen 30 min., Delonte West 15 min., Jeff Green 3 min. Grand Totals: 1. Rondo, 35 min. 2. Pierce, 30 min. 3. Allen, 30 min. 4. Garnett, 25 min. 5. Green, 21 min. 6. Krstic, 20 min. 7. Davis, 20 min. 8. West, 18 min. 9. S. O'Neal, 18 min. 10. J. O'Neal, 13 min. 11. Arroyo, 10 min. I know an 11-man rotation seems crazy for the playoffs, but the Celtics are an older team, all of these guys can play, and I think it's more important that everyone remain well-rested so that they can go all-out when they're in, rather than exhaust themselves by needlessly shortening the rotation to 9 guys.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]krstic would hold his own versus bynum or howard. at least as good as baby or jo. y? he SMOTHERED bynum for the most part and forced him outside just last year when okc forced lakes to 7 games! u dont bench a guy in the middle of playoffs because one or two matchups. shaq was originally brought here to backup for a reason. doesnt really matter who the diesel plays with. just throw it in and spot up or watch him go up and dunk on someone! quite basic! no way i would even consider playing consider playing kg under 30 minutes. there would be a fight as kg goes after doc. kg shoud play about 30 with pp, ray at 35, rondo at 40, and NENAD at 25! bb should play about 20 (mostly at the 4). green at 20 (mostly at the 3), west at 10 with shaq at 15.  that's your ROTATION. situationally, jo should sneak in for no more than 5 minutes here and there to give up some fouls and play aggressive defense. i also think if murph can keep hustling and showing smarts he did today that he will get some consistent minutes right before the end of the third quarter and to start the fourth (no more than 5)... same with sasha. that boy is the tony allen (with superior height and a better jumper).  i can see him come in specifically for fouls and to cool down a hot winger! may mean melo, AI or a steven jackson or a bron or a wade! thats the uniqueness of this team. arrOyo and avery will definitely be out along with WAFER! west and rondo can run the point. if emergency, pp, ray and even pav can all play some point!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

As well as Krstic is playing I think you start Shaq. My main reason. Intimidation. He still gets the opponents shakin in their sneaks. I like the big man getting them thinking about taking a "shot" at the start of the game.

Sections
Shortcuts