KRSTIC OR SHAQ TO START?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: KRSTIC OR SHAQ TO START?

I don't really care who starts as long as Krstic gets significant minutes. He's earned them. It's great to see someone this season get several offensive rebounds a game. He's been very impressive thus far.
       Shaq should not play the 2nd of back to backs anymore. Krstic should get the start for sure on these games. Doc said he'd start Shaq when he returns. We'll find out soon enough. It's a good dilemma to be in. I think it's a win/win situation either way.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oreed. Show oreed's posts

you can't have to of the worst free throws shooters rondo & shaq at the same court, and shaq is 39 years old, he doesn't need to start

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

The thing that makes Krstic so effective is that Rondo gives him the ball. So he should start.... Shaq can indeed create his own offense. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Call me a skeptic.

Last night's game had as much to do with the Buck's playing the second night of a back to back as anything. Do you remember when we beat the Spurs without KG on a back to back, or the Suns beat the Celtics on a back to back? The jury is still out on Kristic's defense. Most teams focus their offense against him.

Last night, Bogut got into early foul trouble to add insult to injury. Normally a solid game against a first rate center would bring lots of kudos, however, the back to back, and Bogut's early foul trouble prevent this game from being considered a good test.

Unfortunately, the first real tests will probably happen in the play-offs.

I like Krystic's offensive game, and I like his rebounding. We will have to see it Krsitc and the Celtics can withstand the presence of dominant big men.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: KRSTIC OR SHAQ TO START?:
    Call me a skeptic. Last night's game had as much to do with the Buck's playing the second night of a back to back as anything. Do you remember when we beat the Spurs without KG on a back to back, or the Suns beat the Celtics on a back to back? The jury is still out on Kristic's defense. Most teams focus their offense against him. Last night, Bogut got into early foul trouble to add insult to injury. Normally a solid game against a first rate center would bring lots of kudos, however, the back to back, and Bogut's early foul trouble prevent this game from being considered a good test. Unfortunately, the first real tests will probably happen in the play-offs. I like Krystic's offensive game, and I like his rebounding. We will have to see it Krsitc and the Celtics can withstand the presence of dominant big men.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime
    what dominant big men? noah?  whoever the guy in philly is? hansborough? dont you get it... except for howard and sometimes bynum or shaq, there are no dominant offensive pure CENTERS anymore.. NONE! krstic and last night's tomato can (bogus bogut) are as good as they come in the league!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Shaq plays 18min.  Krstic plays 24min.  KG plays 6 min.  JON's lucky to get off the bench, but plays if somone picks up quick fouls.

PA

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Shaq plays 18min.  Krstic plays 24min.  KG plays 6 min.  JON's lucky to get off the bench, but plays if somone picks up quick fouls. PA
    Posted by PACelt
    sorry if jo is healthy and playing as he did earlier this year, he will be playing those 6 minutes and even closing out games due to his superior free throw shooting. kg hates playing center! they did it in 07 for they had no alternative. doc has said over and over he would prefer to limit bb's minutes at pf. so if those 3 are healthy they are ur centers! with troy murp/bb and kg at pf. if anything, murph may get the 4th center minutes (along with baby in a pinch)..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: KRSTIC OR SHAQ TO START? : what dudder, hmmmm do you like my bike or something? would you like to RIDEEEEEE it?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

nicest bike on the whole board......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

It's weird to start a thread about Shaq starting/playing when he can't even get on the floor, but so it goes.  As for: " krstic has been a total stud.. krstic can do it all.." Um, no he can't. He can't get a defensive board to save his life and he can't stop his man. The last time he scored 21, his man scored 20. I'm hopeful that he will pick up the defensive schemes, but if he doesn't, he won't have a place with the starting unit when Shaq is back. Is Shaq a great defender? No, but his wide body must be accounted for, he clogs the lane.  So for now, assuming Shaq is back, he looks like the starter, with Krstic providing scoring punch to the second unit. Don't get me wrong, I am happy with Krstic on our team, but those who think he has been "phenominal" don't understand that defense wins championships.  
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Shaq starts gets the other center into quick foul trouble and Rondo gets a few easy assists and then doesn't pout and cry on the bench with a towel over his head. 

To the poster toward the end of the thread who suggests they can't have Rondo and Perk on the floor because they are the worst foul shooters.  They have gone the last 4 years with Perk and Rondo - what's the difference?

At the end of tight play off games West and Arroyo will run the team, the offense will run very smoothly because they won't be able to double off Arroyo or West and that will leave 4 guys on the floor that can shoot freebies and get Shaq some easy buckets.  Also as has been the case much of the year, Baby could be the 5 at the end of games because he can shoot, he makes freebies, he gets big boards, and he takes charges.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

In Response to Re: KRSTIC OR SHAQ TO START? : what dominant big men? noah?  whoever the guy in philly is? hansborough? dont you get it... except for howard and sometimes bynum or shaq, there are no dominant offensive pure CENTERS anymore.. NONE! krstic and last night's tomato can (bogus bogut) are as good as they come in the league!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

add to that duncan, gasol, big al, brook lopez, kevin love, horford, lamarcus aldridge, stoudemire, nene. no, they're not all pure centres, but they play a lot of time at that position and krstic would struggle to defend any of them

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

I was thinking more about Howard and Bynum in the play-offs. These are the guys that move people around with their weight. Krstic weighs less than KG, our power forward, so there is no way he can guard these guys in the low post. Baby can guard Howard because he can't shoot for distance, and Baby is the original immovable object. However, Baby can't guard Bynum because he can shoot for distance. Once Shaq gets into foul trouble the Lakers will focus on Krstic just like the Clippers and everyone else the Celtics have played.

Last night does not count because Bogut was in foul trouble early and the Bucks were on the second night of a back to back.

The hope is that the improved offense that Krstic provides, over Perk, will counter balance the scales in favor of the Celtics.

We will know in June.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: KRSTIC OR SHAQ TO START? : add to that duncan, gasol, big al, brook lopez, kevin love, horford, lamarcus aldridge, stoudemire, nene. no, they're not all pure centres, but they play a lot of time at that position and krstic would struggle to defend any of them
    Posted by teh-n00b
    as i said, none of them are pure centers.. well, they would struggle in covering him as well! its a wash! nene is the only one who is a true center and could push nenad around. none of those other guys can rag-dog him! kevin love cant push nenad around! is brrok lopez beating him down?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

I was thinking more about Howard and Bynum in the play-offs. These are the guys that move people around with their weight. Krstic weighs less than KG, our power forward, so there is no way he can guard these guys in the low post. Baby can guard Howard because he can't shoot for distance, and Baby is the original immovable object. However, Baby can't guard Bynum because he can shoot for distance. Once Shaq gets into foul trouble the Lakers will focus on Krstic just like the Clippers and everyone else the Celtics have played. Last night does not count because Bogut was in foul trouble early and the Bucks were on the second night of a back to back. The hope is that the improved offense that Krstic provides, over Perk, will counter balance the scales in favor of the Celtics. We will know in June.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime
    hmmm y do u think bogus bogut was in foul trouble? he like most centers simply cant guard nenad one on one, so they FOUL! even against howard, nen can make him play defense out on the perimeter. howards good but thats not his thing!

Sections
Shortcuts