Krstic signs with CSKA Moscow

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticsLife. Show CelticsLife's posts

Krstic signs with CSKA Moscow

http://www.celticslife.com/2011/06/nenad-krstic-signing-with-cska.html

Expect more NBA players to sign overseas for guaranteed money with the NBA lockout looming.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

Re: Krstic signs with CSKA Moscow

In Response to Re: Krstic signs with CSKA Moscow:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Krstic signs with CSKA Moscow : How's that? That's one less S&T chip in our inventory .... not good.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Like any of your S&T ideas a year ago panned out. Anyway, just because Krstic could be used in a S&T it doesn't mean he will get a S&T.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

This is definitely not good news for the Celtics.  We need more big men not less. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Like him or not, Krstic would've been a better player with the benefit of a training camp and this team needs big bodies to get them through the regular season.  This isn't an insignificant loss, but maybe Ainge told him he wasn't in their plans. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelitcsFoo. Show CelitcsFoo's posts

As a consolation prize in the Jeff Green trade, he didn't seem all that bad.......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Ainge would not have let  him go if he wanted him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from deanocelt. Show deanocelt's posts

I liked Nenad Krstic. He had a nice touch and height. He wasn't a starting center for a Championship Club, but I liked him as a back up. I am sorry to see him go, especially in light of our lack of centers. I guess our starting center is JO with no back ups. That's not a formula to win a Championship.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Just another European player who couldn't hack it with the best players in the world. Good riddens!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]So all world center Kneepad Kristic ("Kneepad" because he SVCKS!) took the midnight train to Georgia, Russia...lol...as soon as he could...talk about Ainge screwing up...I'll laugh myself sick if Green takes off now...his negotiating position with the C's just increased because Ainge has to save face, even though he'll never admit it..so long Kneepad, we hardly knew yee. Don't you wished we had kept Erden now?
    Posted by jfaust1954[/QUOTE]

Dube-Although I give you MAJOR  props for standing up for my boy Semi (fellow Turk by the way, major mistake by ur boy); however, why are you laughing while the rest of us are crying; more importantly (especially in these purient times) is why the image of you mounting the family pup from behind while he receives succor from the family throne was ommited; was it was because he was male & you didn't want to be scandelized? Please explain..

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]Krstic could not defend. I'm glad he's gone.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Ok then who do you get to replace him Einstein?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

I'm glad Krstic is gone too because I didn't like his game and didn't want DA to be tempted to sign him in order to make good on the Perk trade.

It looks like Presti may have known the Krstic was going to bolt. Now the rumor is that Semih is heading home too but I still think the Celts could've convinced him to stay and still wish DA didn't trade him for nothing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Krstic signs with CSKA Moscow : Someone who can defend, Edison.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I say Dalembert.  Does that make me Newton? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

so he signed with Moscow for 2yrs @ $4.4M (US) per ?

That would have been a perfectly reasonable contract offer from the Celtics to be a 15-24 minute backup center

At the very least, Kristic was a good chip for a S&T

I completely disagree that Kristic couldn't defend anyone. Total BS
    He's a 20 minute backup and he has 6 fouls to burn , don't tell me he can't play D , maybe deep in the playoffs when Miami went to a smallball lineup..............but for 82 games and the playoffs ? Kristic was more than adequate defensively , and he was a better rebounder than Perk who was closer to Mark Blount as a rebounder (non-factor 2 rebound 7 footer) , as well as a nifty offensive player.....

..... if the the Celtics could have kept Kristic for $4.4 and they decided not to, then I am baffled. Just like they gave Semih Erden away for nothing. Are we going to find out later that Kristic was homesick too ? Or did his new teammates not exactly give him a warm welcome ?

Wonder if this means his buddy Sasha is also gone ? I hope not, Sasha Pavolick is a good player to have for roster spots 12-15 , certainly a more talented NBA player than the Celtics had at those spots for the past few years

PS: been craving some New England Fried Clams , nowhere to get them out here in PHX ! Enjoy ....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]So all world center Kneepad Kristic ("Kneepad" because he SVCKS!) took the midnight train to Georgia, Russia...lol...as soon as he could...talk about Ainge screwing up...I'll laugh myself sick if Green takes off now...his negotiating position with the C's just increased because Ainge has to save face, even though he'll never admit it..so long Kneepad, we hardly knew yee. Don't you wished we had kept Erden now?
    Posted by jfaust1954[/QUOTE]

Liked Erden, but he was hurt and he was a rook.  Plus I've read in multiple places that he will bolt for Turkiye at the first chance. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

I wonder if in some way this increases the chance that the Celts resign BBD?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

WE do not know what Krstic could have done in the playoffs because little confidence was shown in him by our coaching staff.  I am sure guys like sorry old Glen Davis and sorry old Krstic are glad to be moving on.  Fact is several on our bench got little or no confidence from the coaches.  They are most likely better than what ge can gather up for the mid level and some minimum contracts.  One thing for sure is we will not have but one old center next year that has any idea of how to play with us because they will all be new and my guess is most by mid season will be posting that we would have been better off to keep Baby and K. That is the way it goes on this board with little imagination basketball understanding.  ant that something

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]Ainge would not have let  him go if he wanted him.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Guess he didn't want Perkins. Guess he didn't want a sure title this year. He just let one slip away.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

no way we would give hi, $4.5M per year or sign him for 2 years. good for him and his agent. noone else would have either. where he belongs.. in the europe soft league.. esl