Kyle Lowry

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Kyle Lowry

Per hoopshype, Masai had a deal done with Nolan for Kyle Lowry for 2 of the following three assets:

1. Tim Hardaway Jr.

2. Iman Shumpart

3. 2018 1st round pick

So more or less 2 1st round picks (one as a player) for Lowry. I want to know your opinions on two things:

1. Does anyone think Lowry is worth anything close to that?

2. What does that say about Rondo's value. ( my assumption is that Rondo is clearly a class above Lowry as a starting PG)

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Kyle Lowry

In response to Fierce34's comment:

1. Lowry is worth a 1st round pick that's not a lottery pick.

2. We can get a top 5 pick for Rondo.

I don't know if I agree. I guess a late 1st is ok. I'm just not very high on Lowry.

Anyway, if you read above, its looking like Masai is going to get Hardaway and a future 1st. Thats a lot more value than I would expect for a mediocre at best PG on an expiring deal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

It sounds reasonable to me.  A proven impact player in Lowery for a late first round / protected pick. with Hardaway Jr. who is an untested "meh", or Shrumpert, an inderperforming inconsistent semi-bust who is being given extended minutes to be showcased for a trade.  

Good question on Rondo's value.  A top 4 pick in 2014?;  two first round picks plus an expiring contract?  A young impact player with a attrctive contract and lots of upside plus a pick?      

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

On a winning team that needs a pg I think Rondo has strong value. On any other team I don't think he has much trade value at all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

On a winning team that needs a pg I think Rondo has strong value. On any other team I don't think he has much trade value at all.

1+

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

NYK wants to give up Felton.....that is the stumbling block.  There is no way they will give up both Shumpert and Hardaway.

TOR not that high on Shumpert, anyway!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

If Lowry is worth that much, what is Crawford worth?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:

I think the proposed trade says more about the Knicks panic and the fact they KNOW the Nets are awakening with Williams back and more time for them to learn about each other and gel as a team, and the truth that Frelton sucks pond water...they are pretty desperate...it's way to early to think about Rondo's trade value until he's proved he's healthy and back to the height of his game...

I take it you are a DWILL fan?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

I think the proposed trade says more about the Knicks panic and the fact they KNOW the Nets are awakening with Williams back and more time for them to learn about each other and gel as a team, and the truth that Frelton sucks pond water...they are pretty desperate...it's way to early to think about Rondo's trade value until he's proved he's healthy and back to the height of his game...

I take it you are a DWILL fan?

Kinda...he tortured us right away...he's big and fast and tough and savvy...lol..what's not to like?

Well, you mentioned him in 3 different threads........:)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

1. Lowry is worth a 1st round pick that's not a lottery pick.

2. We can get a top 5 pick for Rondo.

Get it.

Sections
Shortcuts