LA Clippers winning the title would be epic. Should they go all in and try for KG and PP?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylerocks. Show kylerocks's posts

LA Clippers winning the title would be epic. Should they go all in and try for KG and PP?

So if you're the Clippers and you have the chance to win it all do you go all in and trade Jordan, Butler, Odom, and Bledsoe for KG and PP?  It works on the trade machine and if you're two SoCal guys like Garnett and Pierce wouldn't helping the Clippers get their first title be so epic that they would agree to that trade which also helps the Celtics for the future.  Then if they win it all they can walk away as 2 time NBA champs or come back for another's run at it next year.  If you're the Clippers it would be worth moving all your chips now for a chance at the first title.  It would be sad to see KG and Pierce go to another team but if it was the Clippers and they could win the title with them then I would be glad to see it happen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: LA Clippers winning the title would be epic. Should they go all in and try for KG and PP?

From Clippers point of view it is a big yes. As a fan of KG and PP it be hard watch games with them gone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

Re: LA Clippers winning the title would be epic. Should they go all in and try for KG and PP?

In response to kylerocks' comment:

So if you're the Clippers and you have the chance to win it all do you go all in and trade Jordan, Butler, Odom, and Bledsoe for KG and PP?  It works on the trade machine and if you're two SoCal guys like Garnett and Pierce wouldn't helping the Clippers get their first title be so epic that they would agree to that trade which also helps the Celtics for the future.  Then if they win it all they can walk away as 2 time NBA champs or come back for another's run at it next year.  If you're the Clippers it would be worth moving all your chips now for a chance at the first title.  It would be sad to see KG and Pierce go to another team but if it was the Clippers and they could win the title with them then I would be glad to see it happen.

If I was DA I would tell the Clippers I'd do; Kg for Bledsoe and Jordan. Then obviously trade Pierce. Maybe for Josh smith or Al Jeff or Danny Granger and a 1st round pick. I think the Celtics can do alot better than trade KG and Pierce for basically Jordan and Bledsoe and a couple of old bums.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylerocks. Show kylerocks's posts

I would like to think that the celtics could do better than this if they have to trade away two hall of fame players but I think Ainge said it best that these guys have more value to the Celtics than they do to other teams.  And I agree that Odom and Butler don't really have any value except as expiring contracts (odom) or guys to eat some minutes at back up spots.  It would be full rebuild mold and would be a nod to KG and Pierce for being good soldiers to send them to LA together to try to win another title.  And Bledsoe and Jordan could fit in really well here and it would allow Green to develop faster this season although if we can get more I'm all for it.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Yes, trade KG & PP together so these 2 Allstars can win another ring and retire in their local communities. I am sure too they'll love all remaining matchups bashing the Lakers. Their best playing days will alway be thought of in Boston & their hearts too, like Youkilis with NY and Allen with the Heat, will always be in Beantown.

I am first a Boston teams fan as I spent my first 21 years in Maine before USMC called me away---roots run deep---but also a local team fan living in SF the past 45 years.

SF teams almost have the same intense rivalry with LA teams that Boston does with NY but definitely not quite. Love to go to Warrior-Laker, Giant-Dodgers games and hear & see signs  "Beat LA, Beat LA" similar to in Boston. I don't even like the city of LA, a big sprawling smog infested metropolis.

But, I have to admit I do like the LA Clippers and not because they are better than the hated long time rival Lakers but I guess I still associate them with being from San Diego, a nice quaint Seaport walking around town like Boston. Maybe it's because they've mostly always been an underdog and still haven't won a title & it'll be tough this year too with OKC, Denver & San Antonio & then the Heat---if we don't knock them out, of course(California Dreaming perhaps !!!).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

From the standpoint of the Celtics, it is not in the team interest to trade them both to the same team.  You are not going to get the maximum in return.  They are more likely to get more in return trading each piece seperately.

Sections
Shortcuts