LA in drivers seat for DH???

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: LA in drivers seat for DH???

Why would Howard go to Dallas?  Dirk is old and I don't think he'll age well.  But let's say he did age well.  Who else could they sign?  Nobody... I think Rondo, Pierce, and Jeff Green offer more of a supporting cast than Dirk and what's left of Shawn Marion... just sayin'

And the Lakers are only in the driver's seat if the season starts before the trade deadline.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kycleptic. Show kycleptic's posts

In Response to Re: LA in drivers seat for DH???:
    [QUOTE]Why would Howard go to Dallas?  Dirk is old and I don't think he'll age well.  But let's say he did age well.  Who else could they sign?  Nobody... I think Rondo, Pierce, and Jeff Green offer more of a supporting cast than Dirk and what's left of Shawn Marion... just sayin' And the Lakers are only in the driver's seat if the season starts before the trade deadline.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Dirk is younger than Pierce and the Mavs is still the team to beat in the west in 2012. But I hope you're right, I hope Howard also sees that the Celts have more of a supporting cast than the one Dirk has in Dallas. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Here from one of Orlando's news papers, not LA Times or The Boston Globe.
    Enjoy:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-08-06/sports/os-magic-schmitz-column-0807-20110806_1_andrew-bynum-lakers-trade-trade-chip#.TkAWbErfTzw.facebook

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Old news!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]Dirk is old and I don't think he'll age well. Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Why do you think so? Shooters normally age well in the NBA and 7 foot tall shooters should age even better. It is not that Dirks game lives from athleticism.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LA in drivers seat for DH??? : Dirk, Kidd, Terry, Marion, and Barea could all return for the Mavs in 2012. Even if DH signs with Boston it would still take a year or two for the Celts to get all the pieces to become a championship contender. If, and that's a big "if", DH goes to the Mavs they instantly become contenders. I mean DH at Center and Dirk at PF is a scary combination. The idea is not too far-fetched, DH himself said the Mavs is on his list. http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4677903/dwight-howard-to-dallas
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

If they re-sign all those guys, where do they get the money for the max contract?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LA in drivers seat for DH??? : Why do you think so? Shooters normally age well in the NBA and 7 foot tall shooters should age even better. It is not that Dirks game lives from athleticism.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

I'm going to have to rescind that statement.  Mea culpa

However, if he gets even slower, how does he get separation anymore?  He's a matchup problem, but if he slows down he's no longer a matchup problem...

Doesn't matter.  Dallas has a good play to sign Howard.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

[QUOTE]Old news!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]
    Not that old it was the 6th...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LA in drivers seat for DH??? : Not that old it was the 6th...
    Posted by TheNewGKDynasty[/QUOTE]

I learned nothing from that article.  Everything on there has been speculated before...Bynum is the lakers ONLY chip.........they could trade him for Paul.......Buss doesn't want to trade him..........they could trade him for DWill.......Howard wants to play in LA.....blah, blah and blah!!!

OLD NEWS!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

It is what it is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

It's nice to see the Lakers still leading the conversation on the board. Cool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LA in drivers seat for DH??? : Kidd and Terry could return for the vet's minimum. Re-signing Barea will be the problem.  All I'm saying is, it's possible that DH will end up in Dallas. I'm not saying DH is definitely going to end up with the Mavs.

I have said many times, I think he stays in ORL.  We can then (if there is no season), go after Nene or Chandler.

Saw an interesting piece yesterday, that mentioned a sign and trade possibility between BOS and SAC, where they would get BBD, and we would get Jason
    Thompson.   I think I would like that, and give the mins to JJJ - Thompson could be a backup........also Lopez (the PHO one) is mentioned in a S & T....of course, we don't even know if such things will exist in the new CBA!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LA in drivers seat for DH??? : I think the Glen Davis/Jason Thompson rumor came from one of the posters of another forum. http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=49380.msg1047152;topicseen

No, it was a bleacher report.  But I love the Red quotes at the bottom.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LA in drivers seat for DH??? : I can't find any Glen Davis for Jason Thompson rumors from bleacher report.

I got it yesterday - said sign and trade options for Glen Davis.   They also mentioned Lopez from PHO!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

"Kidd and Terry could return for the vet's minimum. Re-signing Barea will be the problem."

Yeah, just like KG and RA ... HaHa!

"All I'm saying is, it's possible that DH will end up in Dallas. I'm not saying DH is definitely going to end up with the Mavs."

Huh? So what your really saying is that you're a flip-flopper ... Haha!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kybested. Show kybested's posts

[QUOTE]"Kidd and Terry could return for the vet's minimum . Re-signing Barea will be the problem. " Yeah, just like KG and RA ... HaHa! "All I'm saying is, it's possible that DH will end up in Dallas. I'm not saying DH is definitely going to end up with the Mavs." Huh? So what your really saying is that you're a flip-flopper ... Haha!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

You're asking the board members to police themselves, but you're the number one instigator on this board. Hypocrite?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]"Kidd and Terry could return for the vet's minimum . Re-signing Barea will be the problem. " Yeah, just like KG and RA ... HaHa! "All I'm saying is, it's possible that DH will end up in Dallas. I'm not saying DH is definitely going to end up with the Mavs." Huh? So what your really saying is that you're a flip-flopper ... Haha!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

You just reinforced the notion that you make GK look like a saint. Just saying. lol

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

I see the Lakers are still on everyone's minds, but then again why would anyone be talking about the celtics and Dwight Howard, considering DH would NEVER want to go to such a racist, horrible weather, town. Laughing

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LA in drivers seat for DH??? : How is clarifying my statement flip-flopping? The first thing I said was DH to Dallas is a possibility. You're making stuff up again. By 2012 Kidd will be 39 years old. Jason Terry 34 going 35, KG 36, and Ray will be 37 by the time the 2012-13 season starts. Didn't a 38-year old Shaq sign for the vet's minimum with the Celts? Shaquille O'Neal (notes)  may have signed with the  Boston Celtics  last month for the league minimum annual salary of $1.35 million, but that's not to say that he couldn't have signed somewhere else for a lot more dough. The Detroit News reports that O'Neal is saying that he was  offered $8 million deals from the  Detroit Pistons  and  Atlanta Hawks  this offseason. http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Shaq-says-Pistons-and-Hawks-offered-him-8-milli?urn=nba-268397

This is why DAL needs to sign Barea.......to give Kidd some mins, so he'll be fresh at the playoffs!