LA oldest team, Celtics #2, Heat #3

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

LA oldest team, Celtics #2, Heat #3

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5438344&categoryid=2378529

Graphic during this interview shows LA to be almost 2 years older than Boston, even after adding Shaq, at an average of 30 years.

Pierce is only 10 months older than Kobe. Paul slipped a bit after the '08 title, and Kobe slipped a bit last year from '09. Injuries wore Pierce down this past season and the playoffs showed he simply isn't in his prime anymore. Look for Kobe to follow suit.

Kobe shot 6-24 to win his MVP with the help of (mostly) the ref's bailing him out in the 4th and (somewhat) Ray choke job/Ron-Ron lucky shot and Celts awful rebounding effort.

Look for LA to show the cracks this year that Boston did the last two... The NBA champion is coming from the East this year. 4 of the 5 best teams reside here. If Yao is recovered, Houston has a shot to drop LA, maybe even the Thunder if they meet in the 2nd round.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: LA oldest team, Celtics #2, Heat #3

like i said, if...

1.) the refs weren't intent on throwing the series in LA's favor by calling twice as many fouls on Boston including phantom ones and horrible no-calls in the 4th to let LA back in game 7

2.) Ray could buy a bucket

3.) We got better rebounding efforts/a healthier frontcourt

We'd have been champs, and prob in game 5, not 7

for all their younger better athletes, the LA franchise took home championship #12 knowing they barely deserved it and the NBA fans around the country know Boston should have won

The only major difference in your core vs ours is Ray vs Pau

We shall see how '12 turns out, will be much harder for Boston to get back than LA, just like in '09, but if we do and are healthy, I will trust Ray's jumper over Artests, I will know the rebounding will be better with the O'Neals and will just have to cross my fingers the refs are fair and not clearly and disgustingly in LA's favor

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: LA oldest team, Celtics #2, Heat #3:
    In Response to Re: LA oldest team, Celtics #2, Heat #3 : Wasn't it funny how boston screamed for the a chance at the Lake Show and when it came.....boom.....Lakers won!
    Posted by KB24RULZ

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Boston screamed at a chance to play the Lakers? HA, you got your facts wrong troll. Lakers wanted Boston. You guys only beat us by 4 (without PERK), we beat you by 39! Please get your facts straight before posting.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Celtics dominated LA in 08

refs let LA back into it after Celts went up double digits in LA in a game 7 that they clearly deserved to win despite no Perk, KG/Sheed hurt, on and on

Any LA fan who crows is a fool if they don't admit how lucky they are, and how parity and fairness would have sent them to another humiliating defeat. Despite clear superiority on paper they won by 4 points.

Stinks for Boston, should be 18-15 right now, but we gotta move on and hope to win in '11

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In Response to Re: LA oldest team, Celtics #2, Heat #3 : ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Boston screamed at a chance to play the Lakers? HA, you got your facts wrong troll. Lakers wanted Boston. You guys only beat us by 4 (without PERK), we beat you by 39! Please get your facts straight before posting.
    Posted by CelticFanLA

Guys don't let the Faker fans sucker you into their spitball fights. How many times do I have to say it that Faker fans are like the little brother always trying to get attention be it good or bad. Heck they don't even know the sport and many of them are just wannabe computer trolls who are barely over 5'3" and just think they look famous in purple.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

like i said, if... 1.) the refs weren't intent on throwing the series in LA's favor by calling twice as many fouls on Boston including phantom ones and horrible no-calls in the 4th to let LA back in game 7 2.) Ray could buy a bucket 3.) We got better rebounding efforts/a healthier frontcourt We'd have been champs, and prob in game 5, not 7 for all their younger better athletes, the LA franchise took home championship #12 knowing they barely deserved it and the NBA fans around the country know Boston should have won The only major difference in your core vs ours is Ray vs Pau We shall see how '12 turns out, will be much harder for Boston to get back than LA, just like in '09, but if we do and are healthy, I will trust Ray's jumper over Artests, I will know the rebounding will be better with the O'Neals and will just have to cross my fingers the refs are fair and not clearly and disgustingly in LA's favor
    Posted by rameakap

As I told many of my friends prior to the NBA Finals, you can count on Ray & Pierce for ONE good game...and that's exactly what you got. One good game each. That's not enough to get past the Laker's.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Celtics dominated LA in 08 refs let LA back into it after Celts went up double digits in LA in a game 7 that they clearly deserved to win despite no Perk, KG/Sheed hurt, on and on Any LA fan who crows is a fool if they don't admit how lucky they are, and how parity and fairness would have sent them to another humiliating defeat. Despite clear superiority on paper they won by 4 points. Stinks for Boston, should be 18-15 right now, but we gotta move on and hope to win in '11
    Posted by rameakap

You Celtic chumps are pathetic. You just can't lose with class. When the C's win, it was a classic beatdown...when the Laker's win, the refs handed them the series. Please!

I'm enjoying all you fools wallowing in your misery for the ENTIRE summer. Then when next season starts, you guys will be lucky to get to the Finals. The Lakers will be there. Regardless, if you somehow get to the Finals, expect another beatdown by the Lakers. As I've said here previously, that BS "Celtics mystique" is just a myth and both Magic and Kobe have put it to rest. It's not your God given right to win the NBA title everytime your team gets to the Finals, just like it's not ours either. But at least we can lose with class...something you losers haven't gotten the hang of. It's gonna be at least 20 more years before the C's are relevant again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

of course you can lose with class.....you've had decades of experience....15 finals losses compared to 4?  .....obviously we can't match your class...it's still foreign to us.........and losing to the Lakers?  .... gosh......winning 9 of 12?....again....we just aren't used to it my man......understand now?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Qdaddy,
    We beat you in six in 08 by 39 points. That was a beat down, you won after losing the whole game until the last six minutes where refs helped you with a fourth quarter gift of 22 free throws.  Your most valuable player was 5 for 24.  Thank  the NBA and the refs for your victory.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

In Response to Re: LA oldest team, Celtics #2, Heat #3 : You Celtic chumps are pathetic. You just can't lose with class. When the C's win, it was a classic beatdown...when the Laker's win, the refs handed them the series. Please! I'm enjoying all you fools wallowing in your misery for the ENTIRE summer. Then when next season starts, you guys will be lucky to get to the Finals. The Lakers will be there. Regardless, if you somehow get to the Finals, expect another beatdown by the Lakers. As I've said here previously, that BS "Celtics mystique" is just a myth and both Magic and Kobe have put it to rest. It's not your God given right to win the NBA title everytime your team gets to the Finals, just like it's not ours either. But at least we can lose with class...something you losers haven't gotten the hang of. It's gonna be at least 20 more years before the C's are relevant again.
    Posted by Qdaddy

It really proves my thoughts about not just the Lakers, but LA as a city - that there are Lakers fans here every day just harping on Celtics fans.  You're such bad losers and even worse winners - seriously, you don't know how to be a winner - or to enjoy victory - if your even on this site giving Celtics fans a hard time, you make your team and city look like a Joke.  You're like the schoolyard bully that isn't satisfied with winning the fight, but insists on kicking your opponent after their already on the ground.  Such poor form all around.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

of course you can lose with class.....you've had decades of experience....15 finals losses compared to 4?  .....obviously we can't match your class...it's still foreign to us.........and losing to the Lakers?  .... gosh......winning 9 of 12?....again....we just aren't used to it my man......understand now?
    Posted by Duke4

Duke, you call everyone "my friend" and "pal" but down deep you are a typical Boston snake.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: LA oldest team, Celtics #2, Heat #3 : It really proves my thoughts about not just the Lakers, but LA as a city - that there are Lakers fans here every day just harping on Celtics fans.  You're such bad losers and even worse winners - seriously, you don't know how to be a winner - or to enjoy victory - if your even on this site giving Celtics fans a hard time, you make your team and city look like a Joke.  You're like the schoolyard bully that isn't satisfied with winning the fight, but insists on kicking your opponent after their already on the ground.  Such poor form all around.
    Posted by jeezem

Very well said.  Many of us, myself included, congratulated the lakers and their fans on the 11th LA title.  There is no conspiracy, and we aren't whining.  The better team won. It was a classic 7 game series that went right down to the wire.  If you didn't respect the lakers before, you did now.  Unfortunately, as you say, the converse is not true.

Did you know that on the LA Times in the past two days they are taking a POLL to see if Shaq should have his number retired?  Is there even a question on this?  Of course he should.  They won 3 titles while he was there.  The reason?  After 7 years of playing on the Heat, Suns and Cavs, SEVEN years after the fact, he has signed with us!!  For this reason, most lakers fans feel he will never have his number retired - one of the dumbest things I've ever read!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOBEnumber5. Show KOBEnumber5's posts

like i said, if... 1.) the refs weren't intent on throwing the series in LA's favor by calling twice as many fouls on Boston including phantom ones and horrible no-calls in the 4th to let LA back in game 7 2.) Ray could buy a bucket 3.) We got better rebounding efforts/a healthier frontcourt We'd have been champs, and prob in game 5, not 7 for all their younger better athletes, the LA franchise took home championship #12 knowing they barely deserved it and the NBA fans around the country know Boston should have won The only major difference in your core vs ours is Ray vs Pau We shall see how '12 turns out, will be much harder for Boston to get back than LA, just like in '09, but if we do and are healthy, I will trust Ray's jumper over Artests, I will know the rebounding will be better with the O'Neals and will just have to cross my fingers the refs are fair and not clearly and disgustingly in LA's favor
    Posted by rameakap

Wow, all the ifs...  Cool

Maybe, IF the LAKERS were not the BETTER team, the celtics would have won...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Lakers were not the better team and that is the point

The 22 free throws they were given after being down double digits, to a team w/o its starting center, and all the no-calls as Celtic players were hacked on the way to the hoop, was LA being gift-wrapped its title over a superior team

Better teams close out games at home by 39 points, they don't need the refs to bail them out

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: LA oldest team, Celtics #2, Heat #3 : You Celtic chumps are pathetic. You just can't lose with class. When the C's win, it was a classic beatdown...when the Laker's win, the refs handed them the series. Please! I'm enjoying all you fools wallowing in your misery for the ENTIRE summer. Then when next season starts, you guys will be lucky to get to the Finals. The Lakers will be there. Regardless, if you somehow get to the Finals, expect another beatdown by the Lakers. As I've said here previously, that BS "Celtics mystique" is just a myth and both Magic and Kobe have put it to rest. It's not your God given right to win the NBA title everytime your team gets to the Finals, just like it's not ours either. But at least we can lose with class...something you losers haven't gotten the hang of. It's gonna be at least 20 more years before the C's are relevant again.
    Posted by Qdaddy

Funniest thing I've read all day.

So, no Bynum and Ariza were hurt comments?  They took a poll on the LA Times TODAY - who would you like the lakers to play in the Finals next year?  While many people picked the Celtics (solely because we have Shaq), many people picke the Pistons to "avenge" the loss in 2004.  WOW - now THAT is truly pathetic!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

What's pathetic is a franchise that won 1 title courtesy of a gift by a former player in the last 24 years is somehow relevant. When the Lake Show wins it's newest 3-peat after this season, it will be interesting what excuses the celt fans roll out after this season. Suffice to say, the power players are the Lakers, Thunder and the Heat.

The rest are but dross at the altar of battle.

Sections
Shortcuts