Lackluster performance in 2 half

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman2. Show antiqueman2's posts

Lackluster performance in 2 half

Wow. What a horrendous second half. The Celtics coughed up another potential win tonight. I don't want to hear about it being back to back nights. They had a chance to beat 2 quality teams and send a great message. But they quit in the second half. They became jump shot happy.  And they can't grab rebounds. Time to go back to basics DOC and teach this team the fundamentals of boxing out. Ugly loss

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Re: Lackluster performance in 2 half

In Response to Lackluster performance in 2 half:
    [QUOTE]Wow. What a horrendous second half. The Celtics coughed up another potential win tonight. I don't want to hear about it being back to back nights. They had a chance to beat 2 quality teams and send a great message. But they quit in the second half. They became jump shot happy.  And they can't grab rebounds. Time to go back to basics DOC and teach this team the fundamentals of boxing out. Ugly loss
    Posted by antiqueman2[/QUOTE]

Geesh. I can never remember my password. Write it down. Ugly loss is right.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Actually, ugly third quarter - especially at the beginning when we went from up by 11 to tied.  We gave it up right there - came out flat and the Bulls came out with energy (and we got KILLED on the boards, again, as you point out).

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Lackluster performance in 2 half:
    [QUOTE]Doc's presser was an eye opener. He said we were the "cool Celtics" taking our time and not working hard to inbounds the ball, etc. He said we are not tough and he saw something tonight and it was his responsibility. We "let go of the rope" as soon as the Bulls got tough ... we rolled over!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

wow! Doc presses this button about once a season, and its almost ALWAYS followed by great basketball..the last thing the big 4 want to be called is soft..

GREAT MOVE DOC.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

: Haven't seen  Doc Rivers this upset after a loss, ever. "I thought it was the worst loss of the year for us," he said.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

We're good for the 1st round in the playoffs (providing we stay in 4th place) but put on your baseball caps after that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]We're good for the 1st round in the playoffs (providing we stay in 4th place) but put on your baseball caps after that.
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

Well yeah man. This team hasn't been a true contender all year. No need to figure it out game by game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Frustrating to watch an entire game like this. They just quit playing in the third and most of the fourth. The game needs to continue to run through Rondo. And with Bradley running the floor with him, there is no excuse to slow the game down. That 11 point lead vanished instantly in the third. Just a horrible loss. 2 tough back to back losses that should have been wins.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]A. Sherrod Blakely   ‏   @ SherrodbCSN   Reply     Retweet     Favorite   ·   Open     # CelticsTalk : Haven't seen  # Celtics  Doc Rivers this upset after a loss, ever. "I thought it was the worst loss of the year for us," he said.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

I ddn't stay up to hear what Doc said, but a few posters have pointed out how upset he was.  The Celtics can't win many games against a great rebounding team like the Bulls, unless they can improve in this area.  Don't know who is going to take more responsibility for their rebounding deficiencies.  The entire team is going to have to improve in this area during the playoffs. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lackluster performance in 2 half : If the Celts make the playoffs. It's not a sure thing the Celts will be in the playoffs. The next 4 games are at Indy, Philly, at Miami, and Atlanta. Celts fail to win one game in that 4-game span then the Bucks are back in the playoff hunt.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

You may be right.  I suppose it is possible that since many of the teams have similar records that the final few weeks are going to determine the final seeding and if the Celtics lose many of their remaining games, they could end up in 9th place. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lackluster performance in 2 half : If the Celts make the playoffs. It's not a sure thing the Celts will be in the playoffs. The next 4 games are at Indy, Philly, at Miami, and Atlanta. Celts fail to win one game in that 4-game span then the Bucks are back in the playoff hunt.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

So the Celts still have a shot at the lottery.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

This C's team can compete with all those named teams above. They should have beat the Spurs and the Bulls. The problem is weak rebounding and lack of intensity for the full game. I am not a Rondo hater, but his defense is lacking out there and it hurts the team defense. He hardly ever recovers to help out. And if the Cs don't stop making Pierce the guard late in the 3rd and 4th quarters they will continue to not pull out wins. The ball needs to be in Rondo's hands always. The other problem, when he has it, he needs to keep the intensity going. When the Cs turn into the settle for jump shot team, they tend to lose intensity and focus.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

Very sad and pathetic days for my beloved Celtics.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Very sad and pathetic days for my beloved Celtics.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle[/QUOTE]

RICO - you are the one who is sad and pathetic

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

Red-Russ = Cyberstalker. Talk about sad and pathetic.

I have really got to stop feeding the trolls. Smile

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Red-Russ = Cyberstalker. Talk about sad and pathetic. I have really got to stop feeding the trolls.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle[/QUOTE]

Me too

Sections
Shortcuts