Laker fans sadistically turn on Steve Blake

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Laker fans sadistically turn on Steve Blake

I know there were a lot of threads started against Rondo this year.
    I remember how some of us were categorized as "Rondo haters".
    But, concerning Rondo, this never got personal.  It was just part
    of the ongoing discussion we have going here on this board.

Contrast that with what some Laker fans are doing to
    Steve Blake for missing a 3 pointer during crunchtime in Game 2 against the Thunder.

Link: http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-la-steve-blake-upset-about-fans-threatening-messages-20120517,0,2499641.story?track=rss

I'm originally from Southern California.  And I have no idea what's happened to the fan base there.  Maybe a Laker troll or two would like to step up and comment?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Laker fans sadistically turn on Steve Blake

did kobe release the hounds on him?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

There is a different class of people down there.. The kind of people that almost killed a SF after a baseball game. Some Raider fans are like that too...Thats why i stay away from them as much as possible..I will never again go see a Raider game.
    I am so embarrased by these people that I root for the Patriots more than i do for the raiders...But i totally despise the Laker fans more than any other fans..This is exacly why...Iv'e had a few situations down here in Fresno, and just move on, to avoid any confrontations..These people are totally whacked..and when you see the Laker thugs pulling their shenanigans only entices further dysfuncition.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In Response to Laker fans sadistically turn on Steve Blake:
    [QUOTE]I know there were a lot of threads started against Rondo this year. I remember how some of us were categorized as "Rondo haters". But, concerning Rondo, this never got personal.  It was just part of the ongoing discussion we have going here on this board. Contrast that with what some Laker fans are doing to Steve Blake for missing a 3 pointer during crunchtime in Game 2 against the Thunder. Link: http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-la-steve-blake-upset-about-fans-threatening-messages-20120517,0,2499641.story?track=rss I'm originally from Southern California.  And I have no idea what's happened to the fan base there.  Maybe a Laker troll or two would like to step up and comment?
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

The internet happened. I wouldn't call people who do these types of things true fans. To be honest how do you even know if its some one from Southern Calif. ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Laker fans sadistically turn on Steve Blake:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Laker fans sadistically turn on Steve Blake : The internet happened. I wouldn't call people who do these types of things true fans. To be honest how do you even know if its some one from Southern Calif. ?
    Posted by dirty52[/QUOTE]
    To be honest, how do you know they're not?
    I remember the Giants fan who got mugged within an inch of his life last year and the riots that took place around Staples Center when  the Lakers won a championship.  That was SoCal.  I'm thinking this is just more of the same.
    Good point about the internet, tho.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

Seriously you don't blame a loss on a play. Yes it could be a key play, but get in a position to win a game before the the last play if you're good enough. There's other guys out there on the court and you win and lose as a TEAM.

Losing on the last play to me means the team wasn't good enough to put the game away earlier on.

Re the Internet. Plenty of people behave online in ways they wouldn't dream of in real life. They become bullies in their basements. Existing only to have people talk about them and to annoy people. Sad mentality.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Rodney King! Rodney King!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

Kobe should be man enough to say he was defended and would not be able to put up a shot. Even though I cant stand the guy Artest made the right pass. Blake just missed it, he is the 2nd best shooter in that team after Kobe. Get over it Kobe, I know your frustrated dont take it out on BLAKE!!! Because he missed since 08 I believe. Kobe in the last seconds of the game. To tie go or go ahead he is 0-7 so kobe is one to talk. In other words if I am covered and there is a player wide open. Hmmm what can my decision be?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Laker fans sadistically turn on Steve Blake:
    [QUOTE]I know there were a lot of threads started against Rondo this year. I remember how some of us were categorized as "Rondo haters". But, concerning Rondo, this never got personal.  It was just part of the ongoing discussion we have going here on this board. Contrast that with what some Laker fans are doing to Steve Blake for missing a 3 pointer during crunchtime in Game 2 against the Thunder. Link: http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-la-steve-blake-upset-about-fans-threatening-messages-20120517,0,2499641.story?track=rss I'm originally from Southern California.  And I have no idea what's happened to the fan base there.  Maybe a Laker troll or two would like to step up and comment?
    There are idiots in every city. And he isn't the most popular player on the team to begin with, so it would make sense that it wouldn't take much to unleash the wrath of the cro magnon fans.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Laker fans sadistically turn on Steve Blake : There are idiots in every city. And he isn't the most popular player on the team to begin with, so it would make sense that it wouldn't take much to unleash the wrath of the cro magnon fans.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

You are defending this type of behavior?? Thats the problem right there...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Hey Elven, Snoopsnizzle, Mark from CT, etc.......Put the tissues away, and you come out from under the convers. Your "Boogie Man", OKC THUNDER! aren't on TV crushing Laker grilles right now, and you have some time to peek. Please explain to all of us how everything you've all said this season has turned out SO EFN WRONG you group of fools!!! And, please explain why you all HATE STEVE BLAKE SO MUCH? pretty please? Heeeee-heeeeeee-heeeeeee!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Laker fans sadistically turn on Steve Blake : You are defending this type of behavior?? Thats the problem right there...
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

I don't read it as a defense, just saying he's not surprised.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Laker fans sadistically turn on Steve Blake : There are idiots in every city. And he isn't the most popular player on the team to begin with, so it would make sense that it wouldn't take much to unleash the wrath of the cro magnon fans.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]
    Appreciate the response, Flobus, as I'm more interested in how Laker fans posting on this website view this incident.
    I grew up in Southern California.  Went to Dodger, Ram, and Laker games.  Don't remember any crap like this when we lost.  I know in the Internet age, it's easy to anonymously (actually, kind of anonymously for most people) post things on Twitter, Youtube, etc), but jeez, deaththreats for missing a shot in a ballgame.  That brings to mind Columbia and Iraq, not Los Angeles.
    Would have thought you'd have dissed these cretins real good, like they deserve.
    Maybe you're being a shade defensive because this is a Celtic board?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I think that anyone who wishes a player on an opposing team an injury which enhances their team's chances for a victory is a jerk( I'm saying this in general & it has nothing to do with LA fans) but for a player & his family to get death threats is most egregious. Sometimes there is some luck involved in this game as Blake, a hero in previous games shooting 3s, had an open look and Westbrook is lucky the shot was missed or he'd been a goat. Artest also missed an open shot.

I'm reminded of Game 7 two years in the last few minutes when Fisher hit a 3(and he is expected to do so) but Kobe who was 6/24 also hit a 3(couldn't he have been 6/25 ?) and then Artest--UGH !!!---hit a dagger 3.  Just 1-2 of those misses & we would have overcome the egregious gift of 37-17 foul shots and 21 to 6 in the 4th qtr...still can't get over that game so I have no sympathy for LA missing its shots vs OKC.

I live in SF Bay area & my wife has family in San Diego, lovely area as my roots are Maine so I love the beaches, but hate the drive as we pass through LA which has smog & Hollywood Blvd is trolled by bunch of junkies, pimps, hookers, transvestites, bookies, vagabonds, hoodlums etc.  Guess what ???  Many of these are fans.  At Staples the TVs show Jack Nicholson and all the tinsel town stars at the choice seats near the court.  But up in the stands, it's a dangerous area for Laker opponent fans. This has been mentioned in posts above... how about MLB opening day a years when Dodgers beat Giants yet a taunted SF fan, a family man with children, argued back & got severely beaten and was in a coma for 6 months and still has not recovered.

Yup, there are bad fans/people everywhere but, OK, I'm a bit biased, but I feel LA has more of them !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Elven, Snoopsnizzle, Mark from CT, etc.......Put the tissues away, and you come out from under the convers. Your "Boogie Man", OKC THUNDER! aren't on TV crushing Laker grilles right now, and you have some time to peek. Please explain to all of us how everything you've all said this season has turned out SO EFN WRONG you group of fools!!! And, please explain why you all HATE STEVE BLAKE SO MUCH? pretty please? Heeeee-heeeeeee-heeeeeee!!!!
    Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE]

And a hearty ha ha!  They all done crawled back under their rocks.  Too bad because I liked their biased analysis.

As Always,

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Laker fans sadistically turn on Steve Blake : You are defending this type of behavior?? Thats the problem right there...
    How is calling them "cro magnons" defending them?

And for the record, I had no issue with passing the ball to Blake. He was the only man open, and he's been hitting the threes pretty frequently lately. I was more upset with Kobe for his uncharacteristically sloppy play late in the game. But I'm spoiled I guess.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Laker fans sadistically turn on Steve Blake : Appreciate the response, Flobus, as I'm more interested in how Laker fans posting on this website view this incident. I grew up in Southern California.  Went to Dodger, Ram, and Laker games.  Don't remember any crap like this when we lost.  I know in the Internet age, it's easy to anonymously (actually, kind of anonymously for most people) post things on Twitter, Youtube, etc), but jeez, deaththreats for missing a shot in a ballgame.  That brings to mind Columbia and Iraq, not Los Angeles. Would have thought you'd have dissed these cretins real good, like they deserve. Maybe you're being a shade defensive because this is a Celtic board?
    There's never any excuse for that kind of behavior. It is a sport. Like I said before, those that resort to physical threats to athletes' families are cro magnons.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Hey, I bet cro magnons were probably nice guys.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Laker fans sadistically turn on Steve Blake : To be honest, how do you know they're not? I remember the Giants fan who got mugged within an inch of his life last year and the riots that took place around Staples Center when  the Lakers won a championship.  That was SoCal.  I'm thinking this is just more of the same. Good point about the internet, tho.

To be honest i don't where they are from, but  don't paint all laker fans as thugs by the actions of a few idiots.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]There is a different class of people down there.. The kind of people that almost killed a SF after a baseball game. Some Raider fans are like that too...Thats why i stay away from them as much as possible..I will never again go see a Raider game. I am so embarrased by these people that I root for the Patriots more than i do for the raiders...But i totally despise the Laker fans more than any other fans..This is exacly why...Iv'e had a few situations down here in Fresno, and just move on, to avoid any confrontations..These people are totally whacked..and when you see the Laker thugs pulling their shenanigans only entices further dysfuncition.

And how do you know what type of people live down here if you are from Fresno?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

The Lakers have the worst fans. Wasn't it last year when the lakers were pelted with beer by their own fans at the Staples Center? They love them when they are winning and run them out of town when they are not.  They will go onto other team's boards(Boston) and talk their trash when their team is winning then disappear when they lose. I have compared laker fans (not all) to chihuahuas. They will run away from you when they are threatened and turn around and start barking again when they are a good distance away. Those trolls will come back when LA wins again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]I think that anyone who wishes a player on an opposing team an injury which enhances their team's chances for a victory is a jerk( I'm saying this in general & it has nothing to do with LA fans) but for a player & his family to get death threats is most egregious. Sometimes there is some luck involved in this game as Blake, a hero in previous games shooting 3s, had an open look and Westbrook is lucky the shot was missed or he'd been a goat. Artest also missed an open shot. I'm reminded of Game 7 two years in the last few minutes when Fisher hit a 3(and he is expected to do so) but Kobe who was 6/24 also hit a 3(couldn't he have been 6/25 ?) and then Artest--UGH !!!---hit a dagger 3.  Just 1-2 of those misses & we would have overcome the egregious gift of 37-17 foul shots and 21 to 6 in the 4th qtr...still can't get over that game so I have no sympathy for LA missing its shots vs OKC. I live in SF Bay area & my wife has family in San Diego, lovely area as my roots are Maine so I love the beaches, but hate the drive as we pass through LA which has smog & Hollywood Blvd is trolled by bunch of junkies, pimps, hookers, transvestites, bookies, vagabonds, hoodlums etc.  Guess what ???  Many of these are fans.  At Staples the TVs show Jack Nicholson and all the tinsel town stars at the choice seats near the court.  But up in the stands, it's a dangerous area for Laker opponent fans. This has been mentioned in posts above... how about MLB opening day a years when Dodgers beat Giants yet a taunted SF fan, a family man with children, argued back & got severely beaten and was in a coma for 6 months and still has not recovered. Yup, there are bad fans/people everywhere but, OK, I'm a bit biased, but I feel LA has more of them !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

Well we all know how snobby the Bay Area is, and maybe you should fly so you don't have to pass through L.A.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Yeah, I saw a movie once where two guys from boston kidnapped the best player on the opposing team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

There are bad fans everywhere

http://bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/20220426bruins_disappointed_by_fans_racist_twitter_comments

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from danb2023. Show danb2023's posts

I live in LA and am a die hard Celtics Fan.....Majority of Lakers fans are idiots and don't have half the sports knowledge as a Boston fan.  Yes every city has its thugs and poor fans but LA is full of them.  Since they are now down 0-2 they are all giving up already.  They have absolutely no loyalty.

I guarantee when Kobe retires and they are a 500 team you will see the staplese center half full. 

Sections
Shortcuts