Laker's 10 game winning streak means nothing.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

Laker's 10 game winning streak means nothing.

some of the teams the Lakers faced were Minnesota, Phoenix, the other LA, Portland, New Orleans, and the Jazz. Seriously.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: Laker's 10 game winning streak means nothing.

I would have loved a 10 game winning streak and we would still be in 1st place. I hate the Lakers but I won't fault them for winning games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

How many teams have had 10 game winning streaks this season? Regardless of the level of competition, it meant something. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Laker's 10 game winning streak means nothing.:
    [QUOTE]some of the teams the Lakers faced were Minnesota, Phoenix, the other LA, Portland, New Orleans, and the Jazz. Seriously.
    Posted by Tabuckiss[/QUOTE]

Look at some of the sad sack teams we've been playing (and losing to) and we are playing .500 ball.

The Lakers are playing very good ball and have been since the AS break. What... two losses since the break? Something like that???

We wish!!!

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

A 10 game winning or losing streak, in any sport, means a lot.  A lot.  Especially when your team makes up most of a 7 game deficit in about two weeks. 

But Denver beat them yesterday.  LA will win out from here unless they rest their starters.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Don't forget the Celtics won 14 in a row against some very tough teams earlier this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I disagree. As a Celtics fan, even I realize that a winning streak is still a winning streak. Look at who we have faced and LOST to in that same period of time...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

what are you talking about the team has been decimated with injuries?  you are making less sense than Rico.  who cares about the Lakers ten game winning streak?  you'd expect they would have one this year.  ours was four games longer against much tougher competition.  you know the LA times has a BB where you can talk about this all you want.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Apparently there are a number of ardent Celtic posters who are concerned enough about the Laker win streak to try to minimize or dismiss it.

GOOD LUCK!!!

It must mean something. Otherwise it would be getting ignored.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFanOutWest. Show LakerFanOutWest's posts

In Response to Laker's 10 game winning streak means nothing.:
    [QUOTE]some of the teams the Lakers faced were Minnesota, Phoenix, the other LA, Portland, New Orleans, and the Jazz. Seriously.

You mean like beating the Spurs in SA, leading by about 30 in the second quarter?  Beating Dallas, both here and there?  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

We've been playing good basketball since the all-star break. I'd rather have a 10 game streak than go 7 and 3j. It's all about timing for the finals and we've potentially timed our run well.

The season is a marathon, not a sprint. Something a team such as the Bulls may have to watch out for in the post season. I predict the Celtics to come good in the post season. Still there's room for improvement with every team.

Can't wait for the play offs to start.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

Yooo....remember in 2008...oh yea...that year....first round in playoffs...did we sweep Atlanta?  Nope...it was a see saw battle to 7 games...so win streaks really mean squat!  It's the last man standing that counts! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Laker's 10 game winning streak means nothing.:
    [QUOTE]Yooo....remember in 2008...oh yea...that year....first round in playoffs...did we sweep Atlanta?  Nope...it was a see saw battle to 7 games...so win streaks really mean squat!  It's the last man standing that counts! 

So for those hoping that the Lakers are peaking too early, the C's seemed to peak long ago... in 2010 A.D. or maybe B.C.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]How many teams have had 10 game winning streaks this season? Regardless of the level of competition, it meant something. 
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Agree with you.  It is a great accomplishment regardless of the competition. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Leave it to 34 to check the facts, lol.
    Don't let them fool us Fierce!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]What is going on here? THE LAKERS DID NOT HAVE A 10-GAME WINNING STREAK!!! THE LAKER WIN STREAK LASTED ONLY 9 GAMES!  GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!!!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

So I guess I agree then.

A 9 game win streak is not nearly so impressive after all.

So how long is the Celtics current streak?

Pud

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

17 and 2 since the all star break. Can't really ask for much more than that.

Sections
Shortcuts