Lakers - 12 back to backs vs. Celtics -17

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Lakers - 12 back to backs vs. Celtics -17

Kinda a nice advantage for LA

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

Re: Lakers - 10 back to backs vs. Celtics -17

And?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Lakers have 15 back to backs this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

the lakers are a very good team and do not need advantage. yet they have advantage -- last season's ridiculous early home schedule. this season's curiously easy schedule thru january. secure the vaunted home court advantage as early as possible, then rest up for the playoffs. stern knows that long laker winning streaks, a shot at the best all time W-L record, four consecutive trips to the finals, six rings for kobe are all good for business. the celtics and the lakers are both on the road tonight. watch the way the games are called. we all know which teams are apt to win and lose tonight and which fans are apt to be justified in complaining about referees tomorrow. call me a whiner, i'm guilty. but what has been stated here that is not true? so much manipulation by the commissioner doesn't seem fair.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers - 10 back to backs vs. Celtics -17:
    [QUOTE]the lakers are a very good team and do not need advantage. yet they have advantage -- last season's ridiculous early home schedule. this season's curiously easy schedule thru january. secure the vaunted home court advantage as early as possible, then rest up for the playoffs. stern knows that long laker winning streaks, a shot at the best all time W-L record, four consecutive trips to the finals, six rings for kobe are all good for business. the celtics and the lakers are both on the road tonight. watch the way the games are called. we all know which teams are apt to win and lose tonight and which fans are apt to be justified in complaining about referees tomorrow. call me a whiner, i'm guilty. but what has been stated here that is not true? so much manipulation by the commissioner doesn't seem fair. oh, and lakers troll bostonsu*ks69 suggests there are 15 laker back to backs this season.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]
    Are you suggesting that the powers that be don't believe Celtics success is good for business as well? I don't think Stern would favor the Lakers and disregard Boston. The renewed Lakers-Celtics rivalry has been one of the best things to happen to the NBA in years...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

thats really unfair.

most of our losses will be from back to back games and to have 7 more than the team we have to beat in the finals is such a disadvantage.  back to backs drain the team's energy.  Celtics have already had 2 and lost both back ends due to a combo of fatigue and refs favoring a home team upset. 

how come we dont wonder about any of this in other sports? only in basketball and a little in football

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

That's very interesting and upsetting also. Shouldn't all teams play the same number of backs to backs? I think so. I was never aware of this difference in the schedueling. It makes me wonder what the he-- is going on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

the lakers play 15 back to backs this season.

the renewed rivalry is terrific, flobus. best in sports, IMO. (and good for this board, btw) you ask a fair question. i'm suggesting that the advantages
    mentioned are indicative of there being more money in laker success than in celtic success.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from VTcelts. Show VTcelts's posts

The idea that the Lakers should get a schedule break this year because they're champions doesn't make sense to me. In football at team that had a great season is rewarded with a tougher schedule the following year. Personally I believe every team in the NBA should get equal number of BTB games. It's the fair thing to do. 
       Or better yet..... why not calculate the number of BTB games on the team's overall age? The Celts would be playing every third day!!!!! Wink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Vt celts,
    My thoughts exactly.  A champion needs to defend its title not be rewarded for winning it.  This is the law of the jungle. The intangible of the Lakers Celtics rivalry has always been the Celtics are just tougher and the Lakers have always been pampered.  It is truer than ever this year.

Pau Gasol is hardly a poster boy for toughness.  Nor is the greyhound built Kobe whose slight frame is now covered with muscle making him appear even more pin headed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]the lakers are a very good team and do not need advantage. yet they have advantage -- last season's ridiculous early home schedule. this season's curiously easy schedule thru january. secure the vaunted home court advantage as early as possible, then rest up for the playoffs. stern knows that long laker winning streaks, a shot at the best all time W-L record, four consecutive trips to the finals, six rings for kobe are all good for business. the celtics and the lakers are both on the road tonight. watch the way the games are called. we all know which teams are apt to win and lose tonight and which fans are apt to be justified in complaining about referees tomorrow. call me a whiner, i'm guilty. but what has been stated here that is not true? so much manipulation by the commissioner doesn't seem fair.

100% true

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]the lakers play 15 back to backs this season. the renewed rivalry is terrific, flobus. best in sports, IMO. (and good for this board, btw) you ask a fair question. i'm suggesting that the advantages mentioned are indicative of there being more money in laker success than in celtic success.

My bad, it is actually 12

I forgot to count the last day of one month and the 1st day of another, that happens twice

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

We're only 8 games in guys.  We have injuries, and so do they.  I'm not concerned about them at all.  WE need to take care of business.  We surprised everyone in the playoffs last year, that will not happen again!!

The only thing that worries me is that some IDIOT out there will trade Kevin Durant for Sahsa and Walton!!!!

You know those lakers trades.....:)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Aslanb0ynn. Show Aslanb0ynn's posts

Re: Lakers - 12 back to backs vs. Celtics -17

In Response to Lakers - 12 back to backs vs. Celtics -17:
    [QUOTE]Kinda a nice advantage for LA
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Has any one can check this stats for like the last two years and compare how many BTB lakers and celts had?  Just wondering... since it is SUCH a BIGGG topic for Cs fans...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers - 12 back to backs vs. Celtics -17:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Lakers - 12 back to backs vs. Celtics -17 : Has any one can check this stats for like the last two years and compare how many BTB lakers and celts had?  Just wondering... since it is SUCH a BIGGG topic for Cs fans...
    Posted by Aslanb0ynn[/QUOTE]

4 posts in, and you've said nothing..................how much longer before we realize how much you really know about basketball?

What was your handle before?
    Never mind, I'll figure it out soon enough!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers - 12 back to backs vs. Celtics -17 : uh... if you look at my fist posts i had stated that i NEVER posted on here but i was here since the end of last year to read the trash talking betweens fan and it was great because it is between two of most storied franchise in history.  Simply stating if you want to look one side of the coin then look at the other as well...  If you want to bring up the 12 or 15 BTB the lakers ONLY have this season but then what about the last 2 3 years...  Did this hit a nerve?  that's all i'm saying...
    Posted by Aslanb0ynn[/QUOTE]

No nerve, I don't get into any of that stuff.  No excuses from me, ever.  The schedule is something we all have no control over- doesn't affect me one way or the other..........I do think that when Celtics fans on a Celtics forum whine about something, though, we shouldn't get trolls (old or new) having to defend the back-to-back champions every single time.  You won, get over it!!!
    You are very similar to a graterhater I once new, but if you say you're new, I mean, why would you lie?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

No idea what the topic meant at first. Putting the - sign infront of a number in addition with a sport's team name always makes me think they are favored by that amount.

Lakers won't three peat. No worries. Wait until they play some half decent teams.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Aslanb0ynn. Show Aslanb0ynn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers - 12 back to backs vs. Celtics -17 : No nerve, I don't get into any of that stuff.  No excuses from me, ever.  The schedule is something we all have no control over- doesn't affect me one way or the other..........I do think that when Celtics fans on a Celtics forum whine about something, though, we shouldn't get trolls (old or new) having to defend the back-to-back champions every single time.  You won, get over it!!! You are very similar to a graterhater I once new, but if you say you're new, I mean, why would you lie?
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Look... I'm not here to trash the Cs or here to promote the Lakers...  To say Cs are a bad team is ludicrous and to trash the Cs as an organization is simply wrong.  You know that and i know that... but all i'm saying when you make some kinda statement look at both sides of the equation...  Last final was problably one of the best if not THE BEST final that had ever played and i would be the first guy wanting you guys to be in the final every single year cuz win or lose that will be one heck of a series. I never have any problems with Cs fan but i have problem with fans in GENERAL who don't look at everything as a whole and simply just stating comment just to make a comment.

Sections
Shortcuts