Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions

In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : Sessions could be the best point guard that Kobe will have played with in his career. (Not including the 1 year he played with Gary Payton who had little left). We don't know how Kobe will do with the ball less then he is used to. Regardless of his feelings, it will be good for him and his body. He has to work hard on almost every posession. Even though Kobe often dominates the ball, I have seen that he really enjoys setting up Gasol and Bynum for easy baskets. Kobe adjusted his game due to his loss of athleticism. I would think that he would take his game down a notch since Sessions can score and Bynum has become so dominant.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

I'll beleive that when I see it. I really don't see kobe sacrificing many shots and I don't see Mike Brown standing up and forcing him to do so. We'll see, but I ain't buying until I see it. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : Man Kupcake is a pure genius. Not sure how the Fakers haven't won 10 championships in a row.  Did Kupcake check with the ball hog to see if it was OK?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    If you can't acknowledge Kupchak as one of the premiere GMs in the game, that doesn't say much about your basketball acumen. Question the motives of the team all you want, but yesterday's moves were brilliantly played.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : If you can't acknowledge Kupchak as one of the premiere GMs in the game, that doesn't say much about your basketball acumen. Question the motives of the team all you want, but yesterday's moves were brilliantly played.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Clearly Kupchak is outstanding, no one can deny that.  I question the basketball acumen of any GM who would take on Walton and Kapono....even though CLE now has 4 of the first 40 picks, the guy is a moron!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : Very few of the players that stayed in college have had a good year. I will repost an article from a couple of weeks ago about how poorly many projected 1st rounders have played this year.

I'm not sure I buy that. I'd certainly have to see it. Most scouts are projecting this draft class to be as strong as 2003 or 2008. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : I'm not sure I buy that. I'd certainly have to see it. Most scouts are projecting this draft class to be as strong as 2003 or 2008. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

OMG  - don't disagree with Phineas J. Whoopie!!
    You are about to be beseiged with denials and links and rants that will prove YOU are wrong.

Just remember who you're dealing with - a guy who said Stephen Jackson, Dwight Howard and Derrick Williams would be on the lakers today, with Beasley coming off the bench...he was right about Sessions, and that's what he'll harp on......put him on ignore, like me!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : If you can't acknowledge Kupchak as one of the premiere GMs in the game, that doesn't say much about your basketball acumen. Question the motives of the team all you want, but yesterday's moves were brilliantly played.

Brilliant?  Lets not drool over this.    Name 5 starting point guards Sessions is better than.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

It's funny that the guy that put me on ignore did so on the day of the trde deadline. He sure was open to talking when LA lost to Washington.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : Brilliant?  Lets not drool over this.    Name 5 starting point guards Sessions is better than.

Of the 8 teams in the West playoffs as of today, he would be #8!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : Brilliant?  Lets not drool over this.    Name 5 starting point guards Sessions is better than.
    He's been planted on the bench in Cleveland behind Irving, so we really don't know how good he'll get when he's starting again. But as a non-starter, Sessions was putting up decent numbers with the Cavs this season. 

The Lakers clearly needed a young, energetic PG. Without giving up any stars, Kupchak got not only that player but he unloaded the contracts of two players collecting dust on the end of the Lakers bench. And in so doing (in the case of Walton) protected the amnesty option for future use. That, my friend, is brilliant.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Mario Chalmers, Jameer Nelson, Jeremy Lin, Jeff Teague, Jason Kidd, Devin Harris, Ray Felton, Jarrett Jack, Lou Williams, etc...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Well after a quick glance and the teams and just thinking about their point guard, I will change from naming 5 PG's Sessions is better than.  Slim it down to 3.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

And would you also say that anyone who can't acknowledge Red as one of, if not THE best coach of all-time, lacks basketball acumen?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Sessions is 12th in the NBA in assists/48 minutes.
    Last year he was also 12th in assists/48 minutes.
    He is 16th in the NBA in assists/turnover.

His assist numbers will improve passing the ball to Kobe, Gasol and Bynum.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Nobody would be dumb enough to not recognize Red as one of the greatest coaches of all time.

I get it, this is just a way of changing the subject away from the Lakers trade for Sessions.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

The Lakers made a great trade, period. What did Boston do to address it's glaring weaknesses, nothing. Boston ain't going nowhere where as the Lakers just reinforced they are one of the teams to beat.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]It's funny that the guy that put me on ignore did so on the day of the trde deadline. He sure was open to talking when LA lost to Washington.

Although to be fair when you were posting as a woman named gina you did actually say that the Lakers would have Howard and Williams at the trade deadling.  Which honestly was pretty hilarious.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : Although to be fair when you were posting as a woman named gina you did actually say that the Lakers would have Howard and Williams at the trade deadling.  Which honestly was pretty hilarious.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Bit like you posting the Celtics beating the Lakers this season...that's hilarious. How'd that work out for ya?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Right Now sessions E FF is about +10 vs +7.3 for Fisher. The lakers gave up their #1 for a modest improvement. It's an upgrade but not a game changer and certainly not enough to get by the Thunder. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : Bit like you posting the Celtics beating the Lakers this season...that's hilarious. How'd that work out for ya?
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]

But given the That the Celtics win more than they lose against the Lakers his statement was more a flecection of likely reality than Dwight Howard ever becoming a Laker. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : Corpse with 5 championship rings. How many has Rhondo got?
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]

Ahh so you are saying more rings makes you better? Thanks for admitting the Celtics are the superior franchise. I didn't think you were capable of that kind of honesty. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Jeff Teague, Jason Kidd, Brandon Knight, Darren Collison, Mike Conley, Mario Chalmers, Jarrett Jack, Jameer Nelson, Raymond Felton, Devin Harris... 

But like I said, let him start and we will see. Its been awhile since he's had minutes like he's going to get. I'm optimistic.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : Although to be fair when you were posting as a woman named gina you did actually say that the Lakers would have Howard and Williams at the trade deadling.  Which honestly was pretty hilarious.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Yes, I did say that.
    I went out on a limb and most didn't come true.
    Nobody got Howard and whe nrubio went down there was no way they were trading for Pau. Those are circumstances beyond anyones control.

The Lakers were within a whisker of getting Beasley.

Getting Sessions, adding a 24 year old athletic backup pf/c and keepng Pau is pretty much more then can be expected. The financial flexibility for next season is the cherry on top.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : Well after a quick glance and the teams and just thinking about their point guard, I will change from naming 5 PG's Sessions is better than.  Slim it down to 3.

In the EAST - he is better than Teague (ATL), Augustin (CHA), Collison (IND), Chalmers (MIA) and Nelson (ORL) - that's it!!

In the WEST - he is better than Felton (POR) and Harris (Utah) and that's it!!
    He's only started 88 games in his career, and only averages  4.9 assists (5.2) this year.  Yet lakers fans seem to think he will be an All-Star....don't get it!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]Right Now sessions E FF is about +10 vs +7.3 for Fisher. The lakers gave up their #1 for a modest improvement. It's an upgrade but not a game changer and certainly not enough to get by the Thunder. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

What is an E FF?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : Jeff Teague, Jason Kidd, Brandon Knight, Darren Collison, Mike Conley, Mario Chalmers, Jarrett Jack, Jameer Nelson, Raymond Felton, Devin Harris...  But like I said, let him start and we will see. Its been awhile since he's had minutes like he's going to get.

He is NOT better than Jason Kidd - c'mon Flobus you're better than that!!!  Everyone else (almost) I agree with - but come on!!!

Sections
Shortcuts