Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions

In 34 minutes/game Kidd is averaging 5.5 ppg and 5.3 apg.
    He is also shooting a robust 32.6%.

He stayed a year too long...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions:
    In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : Bit like you posting the Celtics beating the Lakers this season...that's hilarious. How'd that work out for ya?
    Posted by Elven 32

I never said that you oddball.  What are you talking about?  I have consistently said the Lakers are better than the Celtics this year.  

You don't seem well. With Flobius, GK and Mark, there is some sort of give and take about basketball.  You're just a troll and not even a very good one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indiansbacker. Show Indiansbacker's posts

Getting Sessions for a 1st round pick alone is a good trade for LA. Saving LA $11.6m next year for Walton makes the trade great. Keeping their TPE makes the trade unbelievable. Sessions will be a 13pt, 10 asst player with the Lakers. LA will probably use a Blake/Sessions backcourt at times when Kobe is out instead of Goudelock.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

And the Cavs will eat Walton's contract just like they did Baron Davis' last year as they continue to stockpile 1st-round draft picks.  Did any of you guys know that Cleveland now has SEVEN first round picks between now and 2015!  The re-build around Kyrie Irving is on!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : I never said that you oddball.  What are you talking about?  I have consistently said the Lakers are better than the Celtics this year.   You don't seem well. With Flobius, GK and Mark, there is some sort of give and take about basketball.  You're just a troll and not even a very good one.
    Posted by snakeoil123

Have to disagree - Flobus is the only one worth going back and forth with......all the others are just disagreeable irritants on the armpit of basketball!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : Have to disagree - Flobus is the only one worth going back and forth with......all the others are just disagreeable irritants on the armpit of basketball!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

GK and mark at least know hoops.  Elven just comes on here and pretty much takes a big dump in his pants over and over.  I am not even sure if he has ever seen a basketball game. He obviously has some relatively serious emotional issues.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : GK and mark at least know hoops.  Elven just comes on here and pretty much takes a big dump in his pants over and over.  I am not even sure if he has ever seen a basketball game. He obviously has some relatively serious emotional issues.
    Posted by snakeoil123

Well, I agree, but knowing hoops and being able to rationally discuss hoops are two different things!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : What is an E FF?
    Posted by Mark from Ct

efficiency. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indiansbacker. Show Indiansbacker's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : Clearly Kupchak is outstanding, no one can deny that.  I question the basketball acumen of any GM who would take on Walton and Kapono....even though CLE now has 4 of the first 40 picks, the guy is a moron!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Kapono's contract is only a little over a milllion this year.  Gilbert (actually his GM Grant) will gladly eat Walton's contract to keep stockpiling 1st round picks.  CLE has seven 1st round picks between now and 2015!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Hate to say it but the Lakers BIG 3, Kobe, Gasol & Bynum are more valuable than our BIG 3.  Although our supporting cast is better, theirs does not have to shoot as well as we do since they out rebound teams, their biggies put in the rebound or pass it out for another shot. As they say with shot after shot, even a blind chipmunk finds an acorn after time.

It'll be interesting to see if the chemistry changes on the Lakers  who traded Fisher who probably should have retired a Laker. But the Lakers getting Ramon Sessions should help them, but win the title, I doubt it and hope not. Their need was for a PG as their two big men are the best tandem in the league, D. Howard is better than either but together, they are tough. We could not pick up a Biggie of their calibre ...whether there was a deal close or not for Rondo for Gasol, only DA knows. I agree with many that a competent BIG man is more valuable than a competent Small man &, Yup, maybe we'd been OK without Rondo, A Bradley or Ray Allen but there was no Big man available worth giving up any of the aforementioned.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

With the value of 1st rd picks and the way team horde them the cost was pretty high LA knew a month ago that would be the price and it took all the way till noon at the deadline for them to make the move. Had they gotten him March 1st maybe their team would be better? Sessions is an upgrade to Blake/Fisher... but hardly a move that gets them a title
    Posted by rameakap

The Lakers waited till the very end to make sure they got the best possible deal, and it paid off.  Kupchak was able to get a pg who avg 13,5,3 last yr for a late first round pk.  How many late first rounders gonna do that for ya?  Not to mention dumping Walton's bloated contract. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : In the EAST - he is better than Teague (ATL), Augustin (CHA), Collison (IND), Chalmers (MIA) and Nelson (ORL) - that's it!! In the WEST - he is better than Felton (POR) and Harris (Utah) and that's it!! He's only started 88 games in his career, and only averages  4.9 assists (5.2) this year.  Yet lakers fans seem to think he will be an All-Star....don't get it!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

don't think he is better than Collison  or nelson, and Chalmers is really a SG.  Here we go again. Not sure he is better than Harrison or Felton. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : I agree it's a good pickup, and one I did not think they'd be able to make, but I don't think he's THAT good.......know what I mean?  I think they overpaid for him!  CLE now has 4 picks in the top 40 - WOW!!  (if things stay as they are)
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Hey genius, those picks are valuable if the gm knows who to pick.  Hill who is 24 was the 8th pick overall in 2009 and has yet to play up to potential. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : Hey genius, those picks are valuable if the gm knows who to pick.  Hill who is 24 was the 8th pick overall in 2009 and has yet to play up to potential. 
    Posted by kobedaman

Read what you just said genius.  Sounds like a great player doesn't it?  Used the pick well from what I am reading from you.    Typical Faker fan.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : Hey genius, those picks are valuable if the gm knows who to pick.  Hill who is 24 was the 8th pick overall in 2009 and has yet to play up to potential. 
    Posted by kobedaman

And the immortal Ramon Sessions, who Gina said would average 13 pts and 10 dimes for the lakers, was a second round choice.......what's your point, son??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : And the immortal Ramon Sessions, who Gina said would average 13 pts and 10 dimes for the lakers, was a second round choice.......what's your point, son??
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : I agree it's a good pickup, and one I did not think they'd be able to make, but I don't think he's THAT good.......know what I mean? I think they overpaid for him! CLE now has 4 picks in the top 40 - WOW!! (if things stay as they are)
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Other than the point on your head, 4 top 40 picks that you are clamoring about does not mean much if they can't chose the right players.  Understand hedley?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : I agree it's a good pickup, and one I did not think they'd be able to make, but I don't think he's THAT good.......know what I mean? I think they overpaid for him! CLE now has 4 picks in the top 40 - WOW!! (if things stay as they are) Posted by Red-16Russ-11 Other than the point on your head, 4 top 40 picks that you are clamoring about does not mean much if they can't chose the right players.  Understand hedley?
    Posted by kobedaman

Boy - CLE has a nice history of picking good players in the draft.  MEBron was a #1 pick, as was Irving..............and you wouldn't have your "13 point, 10 assist" All-Star PG Ramon Sessions if they didn't pick Irving.
    You need to read better, boy!!

Understand, kobeismrnba??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : Boy - CLE has a nice history of picking good players in the draft.  MEBron was a #1 pick, as was Irving..............and you wouldn't have your "13 point, 10 assist" All-Star PG Ramon Sessions if they didn't pick Irving. You need to read better, boy!! Understand, kobeismrnba??
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Those #1's your touting were pretty much cut and dried, no brain surgery in those.  Thanks for playing!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : Those #1's your touting were pretty much cut and dried, no brain surgery in those.  Thanks for playing!
    Posted by kobedaman

The only one playing here is you with yourself....you have no basketball IQ at all, boy.....I always say there are basketball fans, and lakers fans.......judging from your moniker, son, we all know which one you are!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : And the immortal Ramon Sessions, who Gina said would average 13 pts and 10 dimes for the lakers, was a second round choice.......what's your point, son??
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Where Sessions or any player was drafted years ago means nothing in 2012.
    Since Thursday Houston traded or waived the #2, 6, 8, and 11 draft picks in the 2009 draft. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

If there is one good thing about the Lakers acquiring him is that we need not worry about getting a better record so they don't have homecourt advantage( actually I believe they have the best to date of 18-2) which is why many say they won Game 7 two years ago if we played them in the playoffs...Ain't gonna happen !!! Of course, I don't know if the egregious difference in foul shots awarded 41-18 was fair because refs favor home teams. But the fact is they beat us twice this year, albeit nail biters in the last few minutes, and this was with a Derek Fisher in the age category of our Big 3 so I expect we would be less close to them now have a speedy Ramon Sessions.
    Posted by mandobello

If Gina had any guts, or class, I would bet with him on his prediction.....but, alas, the spin doctor, who dissed Red, would not follow through!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

How can I bet someone when he has me on ignore?
    So silly...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : They are also going to get Beasley from what it sounds like...  if they get both then they have definitely upgraded their roster.
    Posted by CASox

Concord & CA Sox...I agree that with Sessions & if they get Beasley, they are much improved and might be dangerous in the playoffs but, let's hope they don't go far or DA with be crucified for not making changes.

If there is one good thing about the Lakers acquiring Sessions is that we need not worry about getting a better record so they don't have homecourt advantage if we played them in the playoffs...Ain't gonna happen !!! Actually I believe they have the best home record to date of 18-2 which is why many say they won Game 7.  Of course, I don't know if the egregious difference in foul shots awarded 41-18 was fair because refs favor home teams.

But the fact is they beat us twice this year, albeit nail biters in the last few minutes, and this was with a Derek Fisher in the age category of our Big 3 so I expect we would be less close to them now that they have a speedy Ramon Sessions.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Laker bigs v Ancient Celtic bigs=

Lakers in a canter.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Laker bigs v Ancient Celtic bigs= Lakers in a canter.
    Posted by Elven 32

Good one, Fluff Dawg - is that English??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions : The only one playing here is you with yourself....you have no basketball IQ at all, boy.....I always say there are basketball fans, and lakers fans.......judging from your moniker, son, we all know which one you are!!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

How can a buffoon question someone else's IQ? Know what da mean, Buff?

Sections
Shortcuts