Lakers are 7.5 games back of the Spurs.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Lakers are 7.5 games back of the Spurs.

I love it.  They are also tied with Dallas in the loss column.  

7.5 is huge.  I don't think they have what it takes to beat San Antonio in a 7 game series without home court advantage.

Speaking of other teams you know who scares me?  Not Miami.  Chicago.  They are playing better than anyone in the East at this point and they still haven't had Boozer and Noah playing together at any point.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

Re: Lakers are 7.5 games back of the Spurs.

Agree.  Don't forget the Bulls.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I'm worried about Orlando. I know, they live and die by the three, but if they (as a team) shoot the three over 40% they are very hard to beat. Can they do that in a 7-game series? I hope not. But yeah, Chicago is playing great especially considering they don't have noah in there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I thought all the so called experts said they would win 70 games this year?  Kome even said it was possible.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers are 7.5 games back of the Spurs.:
    [QUOTE]I thought all the so called experts said they would win 70 games this year?  Kome even said it was possible.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    Possible, sure. Like it was possible when rasheed made his prediction for last season. 70 games is incredibly tough though. How many times has it happened in the 82-game season era? Anybody, statjunkies?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers are 7.5 games back of the Spurs. : Possible, sure. Like it was possible when rasheed made his prediction for last season. 70 games is incredibly tough though. How many times has it happened in the 82-game season era? Anybody, statjunkies?
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]
    I believe the 96 Bulls did it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers are 7.5 games back of the Spurs. : I believe the 96 Bulls did it.
    Posted by WE5NUTS[/QUOTE]
    Yep, don't know whether is was that year's edition off the top of my head but the bulls did it (once?). Anybody else?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

The Lakers have played a ton of basketball the last 3 years. I just don't see them getting to the Finals for a 4th straight year. They appear to be running out of gas.

I wonder if they make a move with Artest by the deadline.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]The Lakers have played a ton of basketball the last 3 years. I just don't see them getting to the Finals for a 4th straight year. They appear to be running out of gas. I wonder if they make a move with Artest by the deadline.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Do you think anyone wants Artest?   His game is gone.  Just last year when they got him I thought it was a significant move.  Now with them starting Artest and Fish the Lakers are down two on most teams in the NBA. Those guys are weak.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd much rather play at San Antonio in a game 7 like LA may have to than play at Miami.

Celts have A LOT of work to do to get homecourt throughout... I'd be much happier if this thread was 'Heat 7.5 games behind Celtics'

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

If we can maintain the same margin until all star break, I think we can win at least the east.  When we get dwest back, I think that will help quite a bit with consistency.  He's a guy that can truly step in for any backcourt player and fill his shoes on a given night.

Any game that Nate plays as well as tonight, I don't see how the celtics could be beaten that night.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

If we can maintain the same margin until all star break, I think we can win at least the east.  When we get dwest back, I think that will help quite a bit with consistency.  He's a guy that can truly step in for any backcourt player and fill his shoes on a given night.

Any game that Nate plays as well as tonight, I don't see how the celtics could be beaten that night.

Still not convinced of chicago.  SanAn is a proven winner and they could really be tough if they stay healthy.  Even if healthy though, I don't see them beating the lakers in a 7game series.  I just don't think they have the firepower to beat the lakers if they're rested.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

The Spurs have had a great first half. Close to record breaking in terms of their win/loss record. They're on pace to win close to 70 games. If I recall correctly the record for regular season wins is 70 by the bulls. I doubt that the Spurs will win 70 but I'd bet that they win at least 65 barring any key serious injuries.
        I still think the C's will win at least 60 and maybe 62 or 63 at most. 60 wins should be enough to win the East and be the second best record in the league. A lot can happen still, obviously.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

35 games left w/ a 36-11 record

I think we need to win 27-29 more games

63-65 wins WILL get us the EAST, esp if we split the remaining 2 games with Miami.

60-62 games is too risky for me

less than 60 wins will not get it done

Health is most important to our title chances... a distant but still important second is homecourt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Lakers are on their way to a 54-57 win season and likely will turn it on in the playoffs like we did last year. I see them going thru SA the same way we went through Cleveland/Orlando on the road.

The 50 win Celtics would have taken the title with homecourt last year. Let's make sure we don't have to go play @ Miami and then we can welcome the Lakers to Boston.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]The Lakers are on their way to a 54-57 win season and likely will turn it on in the playoffs like we did last year. I see them going thru SA the same way we went through Cleveland/Orlando on the road. The 50 win Celtics would have taken the title with homecourt last year. Let's make sure we don't have to go play @ Miami and then we can welcome the Lakers to Boston.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Only difference is San Antonio is a playoff tested team that has won it all.  I wouldn't underestimate a healthy Spurs team.  Right now they are the BEST team in basketball and the Fakers have show nothing to me that they can beat them. Last year at least we beat the good team, just lost to the bad ones.  The Fakers are 0-5 against good teams unless you count Denver and I don't

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

[QUOTE]The Lakers are on their way to a 54-57 win season and likely will turn it on in the playoffs like we did last year. I see them going thru SA the same way we went through Cleveland/Orlando on the road. The 50 win Celtics would have taken the title with homecourt last year. Let's make sure we don't have to go play @ Miami and then we can welcome the Lakers to Boston.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

not buying it. its too hard to flip the switch and very few teams have done it succesfully, the celts being a rare exception last year. to do it against san antonio this year will be a tall order. the spurs look way too good, have a great coach and way too much championship experience. whoever wins the east will have to win a game in san antonio to secure the title. let's just hope its the c's.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

The Heat, Spurs, Bulls, and Magic all frighten me more than the Lakers in a 7 game series, in that order.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]The Heat, Spurs, Bulls, and Magic all frighten me more than the Lakers in a 7 game series, in that order.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree except on the Magic.  Those guys don't scare me at all. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

LA always takes the regular season too lightly, and too often they've been burned in the post-season because they don't have home court.  If it came to a game 7 vs. San Antonio, they're going to regret losing to teams like the Kings.  good observation Icon.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]LA always takes the regular season too lightly, and too often they've been burned in the post-season because they don't have home court.  If it came to a game 7 vs. San Antonio, they're going to regret losing to teams like the Kings.  good observation Icon.
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]
    Lakers fans know this because we've seen it firsthand time and time again. If this is the level of play with a month to go until the playoffs, I'll be more concerned. That said, the team is wildly underestimating the value of home court advantage. Or overestimating their ability to overcome it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers are 7.5 games back of the Spurs. : Lakers fans know this because we've seen it firsthand time and time again. If this is the level of play with a month to go until the playoffs, I'll be more concerned. That said, the team is wildly underestimating the value of home court advantage. Or overestimating their ability to overcome it.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

I think Phil, Kobe and DFish are recalling that 2000/2001 season wher they crawled into the postseason, only to go 15-1 when they got there. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Why is it important that the  lakers behind by 7 from SA?
    They can be behind by 20 and still wins the west.
    I also don't care if SA is the western big dog.
    We can't control what's going on there. It's nice to beat the Lakers but after the game, does not make any difference. The game yesterday was just another game, no more no less.

Go home and worry on Miami-Orlando & Chicago.
    At the end of the day, before we meet either SA or Lakers, we need to dispose these three. It's a prerequisite...not the Lakers or SA.

Brady must know it by now. 
    Means nothing if you can't beat your leading opponent (Jets). 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]The Heat, Spurs, Bulls, and Magic all frighten me more than the Lakers in a 7 game series, in that order.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

True i agree with this

SA is very good but they do not match-up well with us

Parker is not as deadly a shooter like other top 10 PG's... and Rondo can take away his speed and at least make that match-up a draw

Ray and Pierce are clearly superior to Manu and Ricj jefferson and nobody can argue otherwise

I'd take my chances with two guys the same age with the same miles is KG/Duncan rather than KG vs. Bosh or Gasol, despite his '10-'11 success against them

Even if Blair is as wide and probably just as good as Baby we have size in Perk and Shaq they cannot match

Hill and roger Mason are solid and even if DWest returns to full strength they are better than West/Daniels... but I'd be happy if we have West at his best in knowing SA only has a slight edge there

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Why is it important that the  lakers behind by 7 from SA? They can be behind by 20 and still wins the west. I also don't care if SA is the western big dog. We can't control what's going on there. It's nice to beat the Lakers but after the game, does not make any difference. The game yesterday was just another game, no more no less. Go home and worry on Miami-Orlando & Chicago. At the end of the day, before we meet either SA or Lakers, we need to dispose these three. It's a prerequisite...not the Lakers or SA. Brady must know it by now.  Means nothing if you can't beat your leading opponent (Jets). 
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

We won't have to beat these 3 obviously

Just two of them

possibly only 1 if there is an upset by the Knicks or Hawks, which i obviously don't see...

BUT

Chicago is going to be VERY good with Noah back. It is very important to get the 1 seed and homecourt so we don't have to face them in round two, exhaust ourselves like in '09, and then travel to Miami.

Only thing I can see keeping chicago from being really scary is if Boozer keeps getting in everyones way, he needs to realize that Rose is no DWill and to be happy with the scraps and concentrate on getting  boards and playing D. He thinks he's in Utah where the PG gets 18-11 and runs Sloan's offense of getting him the ball before anyone else. Rose is a 23-7 PG who will be the #1 scorer.

Sections
Shortcuts