Lakers are not toast!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Lakers are not toast!!!

I live in SF and just watched Lakers which finished about 15 min ago…10:30 or so PCT.  Not a good start to the weekend with Celtics & Sox losing & Lakers & Yankees winning. I have said this before in many posts, when a team has the best Big Man duo in the game, Bynum & Gasol, they will most always be competitive unless a team shoots 60-65% and ends up 53% as OKC did in game 1.  We need shoot 45-50% at least as we are last in the league in rebounding while LA usually gets 10+ more rebs so they can shoot 35-45% & still win. Be honest with you, I think the Lakers would sweep Philly as they’d outrebound them by 15 each game.

Tonight they outrebounded 44-37 so had 7 extra chances and Bynum & Gasol got 11 reb each & contributed 27 pts mostly under the basket. But as we know from game 7 vs LA 2 years ago when they got 37-17 foul shots, tonight they got 42 & made 41.  Kobe was 18 for 18. I am not suggesting a conspiracy theory here but I saw many calls that should not have been calls but quite a few were authentic & were Laker players driving to the basket. I wonder how many the Celtics got in the 2nd half driving to the basket ? Jump shot after jump shot---we made them 1st half---but when not falling in 2nd half we needed to get some foul points to add to our 15 pt lead. Problem for me now is if we get up by 18 pts in Game 5 should I feel comfortable ???

I don't know how much farther we'll go in the playoffs but it must be obvious that next year we need more than 7 ft. KG and I feel we should try to get Hibbert from Indy & if not, draft two 6'11"---7 ftrs and win rebound battles by 10+ so we can win games when our shooting gets cold !!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Lakers are not toast!!!

In Response to Re: Lakers are not toast!!!:
    [QUOTE]We should have won four straight already but thats another debate for another time ... As far as LA goes, let's see how they respond tomorrow in Back-to-Backs after this narrow win. Can the refs provide another 42 free throws w/o looking biased? How embarrassing for the game ... And those Faker fans with their MVP chants while Kobe's at the "charity" stripe ... while going 9-25 in each of the last three games .... Please!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

The officiating can definitely influence the outcome of the game.  We will probably see a similar result in the Pacers/Heat game. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the lakers will not beat the thunder in OKC, it just isnt happening

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I hope you guys, Mployee8 & redsox94fan, are correct that LA cannot beat the OKC because keep in mind that after the 1st game blowout which included 60-65% 1st half shooting & ended up with them shooting 53%, the Lakers adjusted and in game 2 blew a 7pt lead with 2 min to go. Had they won that game & with the win last night, they'd probably been favorites.

We have our own problems...I'm thinking we could be up 18pts Monday night but can I feel comfortable ? If we end up losing to Philly, it'll be tantamount to the Sox collapsing last Sept !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers are not toast!!!:
    [QUOTE]I hope you guys, Mployee8 & redsox94fan, are correct that LA cannot beat the OKC because keep in mind that after the 1st game blowout which included 60-65% 1st half shooting & ended up with them shooting 53%, the Lakers adjusted and in game 2 blew a 7pt lead with 2 min to go. Had they won that game & with the win last night, they'd probably been favorites. We have our own problems...I'm thinking we could be up 18pts Monday night but can I feel comfortable ? If we end up losing to Philly, it'll be tantamount to the Sox collapsing last Sept !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]
    You might be right but let's wait until we actually collapse.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

Celtic fans will always fall back on the refs as a ready excuse for losing. If all else fails, always blame Stern & company. It's never tired legs, poor execution, poor decision-making, poor coaching. NEVER for Celtic fans--It's always the refs, a "conspiracy" to prevent Boston from winning.

Ha ha ha ha!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Celtic fans will always fall back on the refs as a ready excuse for losing."

Dear troll, I have never blamed the refs for a Celtics loss. 

Ever. 

Having said that occasionally in NBA games there are free throw discrepancies that boggle the mind. Both the Celts and the Lakers have been victims and beneficiaries of such.

p.s. trying growing up a little

Sections
Shortcuts