Lakers are toast for a long time.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Lakers are toast for a long time.

The Lakers had the NBA’s biggest payroll this season at over $91 million, which means Buss must write a check for roughly $20 million to cover his luxury tax bill.

They’re already committed to more than $88 million in salaries with nine guaranteed contracts for next season, including $18.7 million for disappearing All-Star Pau Gasol, $6.8 million for the regressing Ron Artest, and $11.7 million over the next two seasons for forward Luke Walton, whose 4 minutes Sunday were his only action in the postseason.

The Lakers’ biggest need is at point guard, where Derek Fisher and backup Steve Blakecontributed almost nothing all season long.

With a Hard salary cap coming the Lakers have no room to sign any talent. 

I feel bad for the Lkaer trolls. maybe you can talk Al davis into moving the Raiders back? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LALAKERSMAN. Show LALAKERSMAN's posts

Re: Lakers are toast for a long time.

Are the Celtics over the luxury tax? ill answer it for you YES!!!  Who can you trade to improve?  The Lakers have 3 tradeble assets, LO, Gasol, and Bynum.  I know ur Celtics would love to have a Bynum or Odom!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers are toast for a long time.:
    [QUOTE]Are the Celtics over the luxury tax? ill answer it for you YES!!!  Who can you trade to improve?  The Lakers have 3 tradeble assets, LO, Gasol, and Bynum.  I know ur Celtics would love to have a Bynum or Odom!!!!
    Posted by LALAKERSMAN[/QUOTE]

So sad, the delusion. You won't get anyhting for Odom, in return that is any better. You are thin on the front line and the Celtics have almost every contract coming off the books after next year. We have money to shop, the Lakers don't. Enjoy the fishing you guys will be doing a lot of it :) 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]Are the Celtics over the luxury tax? ill answer it for you YES!!!  Who can you trade to improve?  The Lakers have 3 tradeble assets, LO, Gasol, and Bynum.  I know ur Celtics would love to have a Bynum or Odom!!!!
    Posted by LALAKERSMAN[/QUOTE]

maybe the celtics can trade Shaq?   LOL

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers are toast for a long time. : So sad, the delusion. You won't get anyhting for Odom, in return that is any better. You are thin on the front line and the Celtics have almost every contract coming off the books after next year. We have money to shop, the Lakers don't. Enjoy the fishing you guys will be doing a lot of it :) 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

I agree - LO makes 8 mill - good luck getting a PG for that!! 
    Gasol - 3 yrs 57 mill - aren't teams trying to TRIM payroll?
    Bynum - young and good, but NOT for Howard- don't think ORL would do that, but I fully expect them to trade Bynum this off season.  3 yrs 36 mill - good luck with someone who has a rep of NOT trying hard on a winning team.
    lakers window is over, the reason they got Gasol was because they had expiring contracts to give to MEM - such is not the case now!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Gasol is about to be 32, coming off 2 series where he was seriously outplayed and is due 60 million over the next 3 years, I don't think that is called an assett. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers are toast for a long time. : I agree - LO makes 8 mill - good luck getting a PG for that!!  Gasol - 3 yrs 57 mill - aren't teams trying to TRIM payroll? Bynum - young and good, but NOT for Howard- don't think ORL would do that, but I fully expect them to trade Bynum this off season.  3 yrs 36 mill - good luck with someone who has a rep of NOT trying hard on a winning team. lakers window is over, the reason they got Gasol was because they had expiring contracts to give to MEM - such is not the case now!!
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

Excellent post. Not only does tradig odom not get a point guard, it also, destorys their very thin bench. The poor Laker fans like Rico are beside themselves with grief. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers are toast for a long time. : maybe the celtics can trade Shaq?   LOL
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

Shaq will retire and was signed for vet's minum. He doesn't hurt our books. You guys get a few years more of Luke Walton HAHAHAH!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Lakers are toast for a long time.:
    [QUOTE]  The Lakers had the NBA’s biggest payroll this season at over $91 million, which means Buss must write a check for roughly $20 million to cover his luxury tax bill. They’re already committed to more than $88 million in salaries with nine guaranteed contracts for next season, including $18.7 million for disappearing All-Star  Pau Gasol , $6.8 million for the regressing  Ron Artest , and $11.7 million over the next two seasons for forward  Luke Walton , whose 4 minutes Sunday were his only action in the postseason. The Lakers’ biggest need is at point guard, where  Derek Fisher  and backup  Steve Blake contributed almost nothing all season long. With a Hard salary cap coming the Lakers have no room to sign any talent.    I feel bad for the Lkaer trolls. maybe you can talk Al davis into moving the Raiders back? 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

If the Lakers are toast then the Cs are the bacon or the juice or the pancakes that go along with the toast.

The cycle goes on.  Good teams get bad, bad teams get good, of course there are blips but I think those blips will be fewer and farther between with a new CBA.

Ask 100 objective basketball fans who will win a championship first - Bulls, Heat, Mavs, Clips, Kings, 6ers, Cs or Lakers and none will answer the Lakers and Cs....  well at least none that understand the cycle of the NBA.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Once again, RicoCeltic proves how he is without a doubt the smartest celtic fan out there.

Gasol, Bynum, and Odom not being tradeable assets is just a figment of the delusional celtic fan out there talking out of their behind. Tongue out

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]Once again, RicoCeltic proves how he is without a doubt the smartest celtic fan out there. Gasol, Bynum, and Odom not being tradeable assets is just a figment of the delusional celtic fan out there talking out of their behind.

No one is saying they're not tradeable........just won't get equal value for them because Mitch was an idiot to sign them to such long-term contracts.  You can trade ANYONE, but most GM's want expiring deals......you are such a child when it comes to this stuff!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]Once again, RicoCeltic proves how he is without a doubt the smartest celtic fan out there. Gasol, Bynum, and Odom not being tradeable assets is just a figment of the delusional celtic fan out there talking out of their behind.

Sorry, the numbers don't lie. Lakers are toast. Didn't Rico say after the trade the lkaers would win a game in the secondroud too? oops. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Lakers are toast for a long time. : If the Lakers are toast then the Cs are the bacon or the juice or the pancakes that go along with the toast. The cycle goes on.  Good teams get bad, bad teams get good, of course there are blips but I think those blips will be fewer and farther between with a new CBA. Ask 100 objective basketball fans who will win a championship first - Bulls, Heat, Mavs, Clips, Kings, 6ers, Cs or Lakers and none will answer the Lakers and Cs....  well at least none that understand the cycle of the NBA.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Obviously you don't as the Celtics have 17 titles and the lakers 16. There are ways to get good fast. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers are toast for a long time. : No one is saying they're not tradeable........just won't get equal value for them because Mitch was an idiot to sign them to such long-term contracts.  You can trade ANYONE, but most GM's want expiring deals......you are such a child when it comes to this stuff!!
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

I'll trust Mitch to make those decisions. You were one of the many that was crying when Pau got traded from Memphis, but Marc does not look so bad now, huh?  This just further proves how you have no idea what you are talking about. Equal value, and what not???  LOL  - Are the Lakers going to make a trade??? How do you know they wont get equal value???  Cool

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers are toast for a long time. : I'll trust Mitch to make those decisions. You were one of the many that was crying when Pau got traded from Memphis, but Marc does not look so bad now, huh?  This just further proves how you have no idea what you are talking about. Equal value, and what not???  LOL  - Are the Lakers going to make a trade??? How do you know they wont get equal value??? 

Does this confidence come form the Luke Walton contract or the Theo Ratcliff signing? ROFLMAO

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]It's called "Track Record" and ever since Dr. Jerry Buss became the owner of the Lakers there is no denying this guy works Magic and Mitch is no to Shabby either, see the Gasol trade, the Bynum draft pick. You Give Dr. Buss and Mitch a top 15 draft pick an they will work Magic with it. Maybe if we fire Danny (the sooner the better) but Danny, Pruit, Bradley and all the bad decisions I have mentioned here before. Our organizations track record 22 years without a ring. Dr. Buss would never let that happened and he has proven himself beyond any doubt. The Lakers have been very successful under Buss' ownership, winning ten NBA championships with such players as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar , Magic Johnson , James Worthy , Shaquille O'Neal , and Kobe Bryant . The Sparks also experienced their share of success with Buss at the helm, winning two WNBA championships. Owner of the Los Angeles Lakers since 1979, Buss has built one of the most successful organizations in the history of professional sports. During his ownership, the Lakers have won nine NBA Championships and made 15 trips to the NBA Finals while recording the most victories and highest overall winning percentage in the NBA. Throughout his years at the helm, Buss has brought in and/or worked alongside nine current members of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame including Bill Sharman, Jerry West, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Bob McAdoo, Earvin “Magic” Johnson, Chick Hearn, James Worthy, Phil Jackson and Pat Riley. As my Lakers friends say to me "In Buss We Trust" Might as well should.                                               PS: Thank you Tayshawn
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

THat Luke Walton contract was great. Sorry Lakers are toast. It must kil you Rico. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]Again Track Record, compare them to ours. You don't have to admit it in public like I do because it might give you a heart attack but you will see it and you can come here and keep denying it if it makes you sleep better.
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

Admit what we have more championships? I know that. Sorry Rico, I know it must hurt. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers are toast for a long time. : Obviously you don't as the Celtics have 17 titles and the lakers 16. There are ways to get good fast. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

How you could possibly throw that out there is simply beyond me... you may recall that the Cs went 22 years without a title and that the Lakers have won 5 in the last decade but went a long time being irrelevant.... oh and of course you cannot even imagine that the new CBA will have a dramatic impact on player movement.....  look how fast the Bulls got fast after 23 and 33....  look how fast the Pistons have gotten good since they broke up their 4 all-stars.......  oh wait they s uck.....

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers are toast for a long time. : How you could possibly throw that out there is simply beyond me... you may recall that the Cs went 22 years without a title and that the Lakers have won 5 in the last decade but went a long time being irrelevant.... oh and of course you cannot even imagine that the new CBA will have a dramatic impact on player movement.....  look how fast the Bulls got fast after 23 and 33....  look how fast the Pistons have gotten good since they broke up their 4 all-stars.......  oh wait they s uck.....
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

It could go that way again for us and the Lakers, but nothing is written. The Celtics have a draft pick that could be the 11th best pick in the league from the Clippers, they have a lot of money coming off the books after next year and none of us know how draconian the Cap will be. It might all go bad, but you never know.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

A few things become clear over time.

First of all the immediate reaction is that the Lakers need to blow things up because of the way they performed in the 2nd round of the playoffs this year. That will subside.

Nobody knows what the new CBA will look like and until there is a new CBA how any team in the NBA is going to structure its roster is anybody's guess.

Everybody sights age as the reason the Lakers got swept by Dallas but Dallas is older. 

Gasol, Odom and Bynum are all moveable assets. But that may not happen because this season's failure aside the Lakers two biggest strengths were Kobe and their shear length and athleticism on the front line.

For no particular reason I think Artest is a cohesion liability but somebody will step up on his contract.

I am a C's fan but I think our window is closing faster and harder than LA's. The wild card in that is there might be one more year if the NBA lockout lasts long enough because in a shortened season the C's age is mitigated and their strengths accentuated.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers are toast for a long time. : It could go that way again for us and the Lakers, but nothing is written. The Celtics have a draft pick that could be the 11th best pick in the league from the Clippers, they have a lot of money coming off the books after next year and none of us know how draconian the Cap will be. It might all go bad, but you never know.
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

You never know but all indications are..... well ignore all indications because that helps you with your fantasies.... I can't wait to have a point guard that can't shoot taking up 20% of the cap who is no longer surrounded by 3 hall of famers........ my guess is the Clippers will have a pick that will rival the Cs pick for how low in the first round it will go - my guess is both around 20.....  all-star point guard, all-star center (who missed half the season), 5th leading scorer in the league (who missed half the season), another center that many on this very board would love to see in green, rookie of the year..... yeah that sounds like the 11th worst team in the league.

Sections
Shortcuts