Lakers are toast for a long time.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: Lakers are toast for a long time.

In Response to Re: Lakers are toast for a long time.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers are toast for a long time. : You never know but all indications are..... well ignore all indications because that helps you with your fantasies.... I can't wait to have a point guard that can't shoot taking up 20% of the cap who is no longer surrounded by 3 hall of famers........ my guess is the Clippers will have a pick that will rival the Cs pick for how low in the first round it will go - my guess is both around 20.....  all-star point guard, all-star center (who missed half the season), 5th leading scorer in the league (who missed half the season), another center that many on this very board would love to see in green, rookie of the year..... yeah that sounds like the 11th worst team in the league.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Speaking of fantasies. A team does not go from worst  in the west to a playoff contender in one year without a major free agent acquisition. Nope the Clipper pick will be around 11th. I'm sorry, I know you want our team to fail, but they will most likely do fine. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]No the track record, I know you don't want to talk about it but it's there. Check it out. Why is Dr. Buss in the hall of fame. See it's nothing to admit another team has been better even if it's the Lakers. I love the C's but what is true is true. We have 1 ring in 26 years, Lakers have 5 rings 7 finals appearances only in the Last 11 years. Sleep on it and consult with your pillow. Believe me it won't kill you to be honest it will free you. Look fro the truth and you shall be free.
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

yawn. No Jerry west, no Phil jackson waaaaaaaayyyyyy over the Luxury cap. And Mitch upchuck has a track record of one very lucky trade that any GM in the league would have made. So sorry I know you love the lkaers more than anyhting but they are toast. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers are toast for a long time. : Speaking of fantasies. A team does not go from worst  in the west to a playoff contender in one year without a major free agent acquisition. Nope the Clipper pick will be around 11th. I'm sorry, I know you want our team to fail, but they will most likely do fine. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Exactly but a team can go from close to the best in the conference to worst in the conference pretty quickly, Pistons, Rockets, soon to be Spurs, Lakers, Celtics, Magic, etc.  And of course the Clipper pick will be 11th... or around 20th depending on which one of us is correct......  I am betting I am correct and the Cs will have two picks around 20 like D West and Tony Allen on consecutive picks and then I can read here that they will be the best players in the league for the next ten years......

I want to see the Cs succeed as does everyone else that posts here, some of us are more realistic, that is the difference.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers are toast for a long time. : Exactly but a team can go from close to the best in the conference to worst in the conference pretty quickly, Pistons, Rockets, soon to be Spurs, Lakers, Celtics, Magic, etc.  And of course the Clipper pick will be 11th... or around 20th depending on which one of us is correct......  I am betting I am correct and the Cs will have two picks around 20 like D West and Tony Allen on consecutive picks and then I can read here that they will be the best players in the league for the next ten years...... I want to see the Cs succeed as does everyone else that posts here, some of us are more realistic, that is the difference.

Nothing realistic about expecting a magic jump from the worst inthe west to a solid playoff team in one year. Just not likely to happen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers are toast for a long time. : Exactly but a team can go from close to the best in the conference to worst in the conference pretty quickly, Pistons, Rockets, soon to be Spurs, Lakers, Celtics, Magic, etc.  And of course the Clipper pick will be 11th... or around 20th depending on which one of us is correct......  I am betting I am correct and the Cs will have two picks around 20 like D West and Tony Allen on consecutive picks and then I can read here that they will be the best players in the league for the next ten years...... I want to see the Cs succeed as does everyone else that posts here, some of us are more realistic, that is the difference.

I wouldn't classify you as a realist. I'd classify you as a pessimist. You assume the worst. worst case scenario the cap is too restrictive worst case scenario the Clippers have an amazing nearly unprecedented turn around. I eman you are assuming nearly the wrost possability as though it is a written truth. Far more likely given the historic turn arounds teams have that the clippers will finish 7th-14th on draft day next year. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers are toast for a long time. : Nothing realistic about expecting a magic jump from the worst inthe west to a solid playoff team in one year. Just not likely to happen.
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Griffin has not even learned how to play with, they went half the season without Gordon (the league's 5th leading scorer), they went half the season without Kaman, Jordan is by all accounts a potential D Howard, M Williams will hit 3s at will as he always has.... my guess is that they would have won 50 absent the injuries.  Of course Aminu will never pan out and Foye stinks and Smith and Gomes are slouches..... oh and they beat the Cs this year........  yes of course they are likely to be the dregs of the league.......

One need only look at OKC to see what can happen, you may want to check Memphis as well....... but of course you only know of two teams - the Boston Globetrotters and the Washington Generals.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Green-Islander. Show Green-Islander's posts

not surprised the laker fans are more active in these forums now. nothing left to talk about in their forums for days now hahaha

weather we win or lose tonight, at least we still have a game and didnt just got swept... badly. oh the bitterness.

lakers winning = great champs. lakers losing = dirty chumps.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjpat. Show jjpat's posts

We need to make a trade with Minn. to aquire Michael Beasley "team him up with KG".They need a veteran player. Trade them Paul Pierce and eat some salary. Rondo,Allen,Green,KG and Beasley. We have Pierce for three years at almost 14??      

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers are toast for a long time. : Griffin has not even learned how to play with, they went half the season without Gordon (the league's 5th leading scorer), they went half the season without Kaman, Jordan is by all accounts a potential D Howard, M Williams will hit 3s at will as he always has.... my guess is that they would have won 50 absent the injuries.  Of course Aminu will never pan out and Foye stinks and Smith and Gomes are slouches..... oh and they beat the Cs this year........  yes of course they are likely to be the dregs of the league....... One need only look at OKC to see what can happen, you may want to check Memphis as well....... but of course you only know of two teams - the Boston Globetrotters and the Washington Generals.

Funny how you overestimate talent on other squads and underestimate talent on our own.