Lakers catch a "break"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Lakers catch a "break"

Brook Lopez has a broken foot, that will require surgery.  He is out indefinitely.  Can this mean that ORL will be unable to resist the Gasol and Bynum trade?  I still don't think it helps LAL long term, as they still have no PG and no bench..........talk about LUCK!!!

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217743/Brook_Lopez_To_Have_Foot_Surgery_For_Stress_Fracture

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Re: Lakers catch a "break"

Laughing Still don't believe the Magic owner will want to trade him to LA after Sahq. If I were the Clippers I would make a package of Deandre Jordan some young talent and picks, if they still have some and bring DH to the Clippers. By the way the smiley face is not because Brook Lopez got hurt. Never like for any players of any team to suffer any injuries. Felt very bad with what happened to Jeff Green. Seems like a humble nice guy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers catch a "break":
    [QUOTE]Still don't believe the Magic owner will want to trade him to LA after Sahq. If I were the Clippers I would make a package of Deandre Jordan some young talent and picks, if they still have some and bring DH to the Clippers. By the way the smiley face is not because Brook Lopez got hurt. Never like for any players of any team to suffer any injuries. Felt very bad with what happened to Jeff Green. Seems like a humble nice guy.
    Posted by TheNewGKDynasty[/QUOTE]

I agree that the owner doesn't want to trade him to LAL.  Also agree the Clips would be a nice spot.  Only problem is he hasn't said he'd sign an extension with them.............Yes, all this Rondo trade talk is because of the Green injury, I am convinced of that!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

Broken feet on big centers is bad news. It usually indicates a lot of perpetual problems to come. Look at Walton and Yao. I predict he will not be the same again, even if he recovers on this one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Broken feet on big centers is bad news. It usually indicates a lot of perpetual problems to come. Look at Walton and Yao. I predict he will not be the same again, even if he recovers on this one.
    Posted by Lakerstroll[/QUOTE]

Good for you!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

I think with his buddy Chris Paul there he would sign there. It would be a great team with Griffin, Howard, Paul and the great bench they have.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Lakers catch a "break":
    [QUOTE]Brook Lopez has a broken foot, that will require surgery.  He is out indefinitely.  Can this mean that ORL will be unable to resist the Gasol and Bynum trade?  I still don't think it helps LAL long term, as they still have no PG and no bench..........talk about LUCK!!! http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217743/Brook_Lopez_To_Have_Foot_Surgery_For_Stress_Fracture
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

This definitely isn't good news for the Nets.  Imagine if he had already been traded to another team.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

....Also agree the Clips would be a nice spot....

donald sterling is worth more than jerry buss and always has been. the primary reason the lakers and the clippers have had such different levels of success over the years is that buss is an aggressive owner who runs a tight organization and wants to win while sterling has a well documented reputation of being cheap, unconcerned with winning, and allegedly racist. while the clippers appear to currently be in a very good place, what makes us think sterling won't muck it up, like he always has? 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

To see the Clippers sign Howard would be a brilliant move by the Clippers.  Jordan and who else?  If they are smart the Clippers could actually win a title this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

[QUOTE]I agree that the Clippers seem to have the upper hand as far as getting DH for the following reasons: 1) The Clippers have the young players that the Magic would need to start the rebuilding process 2) Everyone knows you need 3 AS players to seriously  compete for a title and they would then have Paul, Griffin and DH 3) I am sure that the Magic owner somehow wants to stick it to the Lakers for the Shaq deal 4) You would move him out West where the Magic would only see him a max 2 times a year until the playoffs 5) DH has said all along that LA (not necessarily the Lakers) is a place he would be agreeable to going to
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]
     I thought he mentioned that he'ld like to play with Kobe. Not necessarily LAL. ? I could be wrong.

Sections
Shortcuts