LAKERS CHOKE! DOWN 0-2

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

LAKERS CHOKE! DOWN 0-2

I really have nothing else to say...   ;)

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: LAKERS CHOKE! DOWN 0-2

Choke it was.  An epic one.

BTW, Meta is just a dirty hustler.  His takedown of Collison and Harden in the 2nd. qtr. was not called and affected OKC.  That got the Lakers going too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Too many jump shots by OKC.  Although they are putting time back on the clock, it is not enough to anything with.  Durant should make the first and miss the second.  Oh no bad miss...come on KD!!! Didnt matter....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I hate the Lakers, especially after game 7 two years ago but don't count them out yet. OKC shot 60-65% 1st 3 qtrs game 1 but tonight they weren't falling. LA up by 7 tonight with 2 min to go. Why ? Bynum & Bryant 20 pts each and Gasol 14 pts and rebs were 41-36 so 5 extra chances for LA but the Biggies really controlled the paint winning with 46 to 34 points.  Now the series switches to LA and their two 7 footers will always keep them close if OKC shoots anywhere from 35-45%.

Again, don't count them out yet. I got 3 out of 4 on my personal parlay today, Celtics win & Lakers & Yankees lose but Sox lose to a team I hate almost as much as the Yankees, Tampa Bay !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Smiles all around tonite.
    And it's another troll free night to boot.
    They're all, not so curiously, absent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" And it's another troll free night to boot."

What a gutless bunch of frontrunners. Wish I wss in town to enjoy it more....but great win anyhow...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

Wouldn't say it's a choke. Down 0-2. Back in LA and we'll see what happens next.

We'll see what happens in game 3. Game two was improvement after the blow out in Game 1. Not that it was hard to improve on that effort.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Hoping the Lakes can put the disappointment of game two behind them and come out with a similar effort (minus the final two minutes) in game three. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Funny double standards around this place.  Two games ago Boston blew a lead down the stretch and LA fans called it a "choke job".

You had a 7 point lead with 2 minutes to go.  Do the math.  The irony is, LA's been crying about not having Artest.  In the two games since his return, they've lost both.

And who couldn't inbound the ball to Kobe last night?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Lakers have to win one in OKC.....won't be easy.  Bryant playing 43 mins won't help......neither will playing back to back games............Sessions is invisible, and can't stop Westbrook................if OKC splits in LA, it's over!!  (I personally think it's over anyway!!)

Can the Pierce for Gasol rumors be far behind???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

OKC is going to be crazy tough to beat in a 7 game set.  Honestly, I think it's SA against OKC for the west. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

In Response to Re: LAKERS CHOKE! DOWN 0-2:
    [QUOTE]OKC is going to be crazy tough to beat in a 7 game set.  Honestly, I think it's SA against OKC for the west. 
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

That should be obvious. Lakers have nearly zero chance to win the series and neither do the Clippers. Lakers have to play a back to back. Have fun with that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

We didn't choke in  Game 7 ----egregious gift by refs of 37-17 foul shots proved insurmountable !!!

Am I the only guy who during the last 2 minutes thought about Game 7 two years ago. Firstly, Blake's pass to Kobe that Westbrook tried to intercept showed in the replay his hand did not touch the ball but he did disrupt Kobe's view & it went through Kobe's hands. But Refs gave ball to Lakers, I think. Why wasn't there a replay video in last 2 minutes ? LA was still ahead by 2 pts I think with about a min to go.

But when I think of Artest, Kobe & Blake 3 pts misses while wide open which could have been daggers, I recall, luck or skill, that Fisher & Artest made a couple of 3s against us in last closing minutes that were daggers. Fisher was to be expected, but Artest...UGH !!!  Want the next 2 games for Celtics for PP to heal, although he says his knees are fine, and for PP, KG & Allen to rest.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I wasn't thinking about that game 7, but it was obvious during the second quarter last night that the refs were trying to prevent anohter blowout.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

Lakers better win game 3 or they are done in game 4.  Games 3 and 4 are on back to back nights.  The Lakers, coming off a 7 game series, is going to be exhausted during game 4.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]Am I the only guy who during the last 2 minutes thought about Game 7 two years ago. Firstly, Blake's pass to Kobe that Westbrook tried to intercept showed in the replay his hand did not touch the ball but he did disrupt Kobe's view & it went through Kobe's hands. But Refs gave ball to Lakers, I think. Why wasn't there a replay video in last 2 minutes ? 
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]
    You really didn't watch the game, did you? They did use the replay video and (correctly) reversed the initial call, giving possession to the Thunder. You're getting a little anxious to play the conspiracy card there, champ.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]Perfect end to a perfect night .... C's 2-1, Fakers 0-2
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

I couldn't have said it any better myself!

As Always,

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LAKERS CHOKE! DOWN 0-2 : You really didn't watch the game, did you? They did use the replay video and (correctly) reversed the initial call, giving possession to the Thunder. You're getting a little anxious to play the conspiracy card there, champ.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Mea Culpa, you are correct that I didn't watch the game but only saw a UTUBE link of the last 2 min & the film after it showed the ball going through Kobe's hands next showed the Lakers with the ball and I assumed that they got the ball...sorry again !!!

In another post, I forgot where,  there was implication the Lakers wouldn't beat the Sixers. Believe me I'm a Celtic fan but I think Bynum & Gasol are the best Big Men duo in the game & I think they would dominate the boards & win rebound battle by +10-15 so with these extra chances, yup I think LA would beat Philly. 

Would the Celtics beat OKC...hoping to find that out in the finals. I fear them less than LA where Bynum & Gasol always seem to have great games against us !!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8brd. Show sk8brd's posts

I think LA wins game 3.  They're a resilient team, they just don't go down 3-0 that easy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Au contraire, do you not remember last years playoffs, when they not only went down 0-3 but didn't show up for game 4 and were humiliated, resorting to cheap shots?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]Au contraire, do you not remember last years playoffs, when they not only went down 0-3 but didn't show up for game 4 and were humiliated, resorting to cheap shots?
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan[/QUOTE]I do so remember all 4 of the Faker losses.  What a wonderful way for the greatest LOSERS in NBA Finals history to continue their loser legacy.

As Always,

Sections
Shortcuts