Lakers: Classless

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: Lakers: Classless

Just saw the hit that Bynum put on Barea and it was one of the worst things I've seen in a game of basketball for some time.

I think it's probably made worse that the game was lost the time he did it. Was totally uncalled for and unnecessary. Should be suspended by the NBA for a long time. And if there is a lock out next season then it should carry over to 2012/2013.

There's been some terrible hits in the NBA. I think McHale on Rambis was probably one of the worst but this was probably worse than that given the situation we found ourselves in. I also don't believe McHale went out to hurt Rambis. If he was going to really hurt someone deliberately it'd have been Magic.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Of course there are other people out there who are calling Andrew Bynum a 'man' for what he did.

Stupid mentality.

A man is someone who plays hurt, a man is someone who inspires a team to come back from 15 points down in the 4th, a man is someone who loves is partner and cares for his children .... I'll stop because people like that really make me extremely angry.

What are these guys Neanderthals?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stiorevo. Show stiorevo's posts

I didn't think that Odom's play was that bad.  Bynum's was crazy!  

I think that Shaq needs to do that to Wade! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers: Classless:
    [QUOTE]I didn't think that Odom's play was that bad.  Bynum's was crazy!   I think that Shaq needs to do that to Wade! 
    Posted by stiorevo[/QUOTE]

Two wrongs don't make a right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE] Bynum should be suspended 20 games without pay!!  The Lakers didn't disappoint me at all, they proved they were just what i always thought they were, and Fisher is as bad as the rest of the gang. don't let him fool you!  I think Gasol is embarrassed to be a part of such a team!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

I agree that Bynum definitely needs to be suspended for several games.  I hope that Barea isn't hurt.  He definitely intended to harm him. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Green-Islander. Show Green-Islander's posts

i think for a few years now, the mavs have been trying to prep their team particularly againts a lakers match up. it is just now that theyve been finally able to meet them in the postseason.

i agree with what the laker fan up there posted, i feel bad for pau and fisher too. especially pau because he gets all the boos and the blame.

that said, our team is not done yet, we gotta make sure we win homegame again tomorrow.

go C's!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Green-Islander. Show Green-Islander's posts

oh and i really find it funny when "the experts" are... well... uh... lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

It's bush league to take someone out because you're losing the series, in this case badly.  Bynum and Odom showed their true colors.  Take your beating like a man. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

HMMM??? DID BYNUM TAKING OFF HIS SHIRT

INFER HE WAS ASHAMED TO BE A LAKER.

WONDER IF HE'D HAVE DONE THAT TO

HOWARD.

SHIRT OR NOT, I STILL SAW "YELLOW' !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

[QUOTE]Bynum has issues as you can all see. Don't like what he did at all. Feeling bad for Pau and Fisher right now. Just sad that we didn't win a single game in the series. Came close in game one but after that it was really terrible. Certainly the end of our current 'era'. Without Jackson I can't see us doing that much. Could be wrong, thing is I never expected this from Dallas of all teams. Really am still shocked about it. Still kudos to Dallas. Well played, very well played.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

Classy post...and a gorgeous pic, to boot!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I woudn't be worried about losing jackson.  It's time for your team to rebuild, and that's something jackson has literally zero experience with.

If you wanted to try to keep the nucleus and win again, maybe a guy like larry brown, but really I think this is the last shot year for c's and lakers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

[QUOTE]RUWorthy = the empitomy of class. Well said.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

[QUOTE]Of course there are other people out there who are calling Andrew Bynum a 'man' for what he did. Stupid mentality. A man is someone who plays hurt, a man is someone who inspires a team to come back from 15 points down in the 4th, a man is someone who loves is partner and cares for his children .... I'll stop because people like that really make me extremely angry. What are these guys Neanderthals?
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

I agree with what you say in so many ways, but I can understand the frustration from which Bynum's act was derived. He was frustrated with himself, his team, and the officials. I didn't think Odom should have been tossed. I think a lot of this stuff happens because someone gets fed up with the game being watered down. Odom laid a hit on Dirk. It was a flagrant one at most. I feel like Bynum was reacting to that call. Honestly though, Barrea is 4 foot 2 100 pounds.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

Lakers never were a real champion. They almost lost to an Orlando team in 2009 that had no business being in the Finals. With a healthy KG we would have repeated easily. Last year they only won in seven games because of the perkins injury; TA shut down Kobe for most of the game. Fakers are a lucky franchise and not deserving of those two championships. They are a gutless classless organization full of conceited cry babies. If you stand up to them, they fold just like in 2008. There is a big difference between Kobe and Jordan. Jordan got his teammates to play harder. Kobe instills resentment. Jordan would never tolerate losing by 40 points twice in close out games. The fact that Phil Jackson is considered the greatest coach of all time is a joke! Red Auerbach would never have a team that went out as a bunch of quitters!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]Lakers never were a real champion. They almost lost to an Orlando team in 2009 that had no business being in the Finals. With a healthy KG we would have repeated easily. Last year they only won in seven games because of the perkins injury; TA shut down Kobe for most of the game. Fakers are a lucky franchise and not deserving of those two championships. 
    Posted by bramrok[/QUOTE]
    Classy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]I woudn't be worried about losing jackson.  It's time for your team to rebuild, and that's something jackson has literally zero experience with. If you wanted to try to keep the nucleus and win again, maybe a guy like larry brown, but really I think this is the last shot year for c's and lakers.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

I've heard Larry Brown, but I've also heard Rick Adelman

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

Resheed Wallace was never that nasty, at least he was nasty to
    the Refs.
    15 game suspension for each player at the beginning of next
    season and a 10,000.00 fine.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatandugly. Show fatandugly's posts

It's all in the hands of Davis Stern.
    If Bynum doesn't get at least $100,000 fine and minimum 10 game suspension next year, then Stern is as classless as Bynum (and Odom)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Odom shouldn't get more than a one game suspension and fine. What he did was in poor sportsmanship, but it wasn't all that egregious. Bynum's foul is a whole different case - there's no doubt he'll be fined and banned multiple games.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

suspension for a few games? You guys are very, very, VERY leanient in my opinion. This is not the 1st or 2nd time he's done this same thing to players in this league. So obviously it's going to take ALOT more for him to learn his lesson. On top of that, he showed absolutely NO remorse or concern at all. He needs to sit out an entire year in my opinion. If this league cares about the welfare/health of it's players at all, then send a tough message for these Neanderthal types. "a couple games suspension"? You gotta be kidding me. What if that was Rondo he did that to? We'd have a hit out on his head, that's what.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Second offense in the same season is usually about 10 games!

Odom will be fined, not suspended.

Heard James Worthy on the radio.  He said NOT because they lost, but because of Bynum's actions, for the first time ever, he is ashamed to be a laker............Oh, yeah, Otis Smith will trade him straight up for Howard - SURE he will!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]Second offense in the same season is usually about 10 games! Odom will be fined, not suspended. Heard James Worthy on the radio.  He said NOT because they lost, but because of Bynum's actions, for the first time ever, he is ashamed to be a laker............Oh, yeah, Otis Smith will trade him straight up for Howard - SURE he will!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]This might sound crazy but Orlando should give a trade like that serious consideration, Bynum comes with warts, the biggest being his knee problems but when he is on the court is their a better 5 in league after Howard than Bynum? And make no mistake about it the way things have gone in Orlando Howard will leave after 2012 and this way the Orlando gets a young 5 and insures Howard plays in the other conference.

But any speculation for next season is premature. The NBA is going to have a prolonged lock out and a very different CBA when it final ends. What teams can and can not do will change I think.

Sections
Shortcuts