Lakers could go after Lebron or Love or Rondo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pickandroll. Show pickandroll's posts

Lakers could go after Lebron or Love or Rondo?

Not a Lakers fan, but found this article interesting.  

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/05/report-lakers-will-wait-for-2015-free-agents-like-kevin-love-unless-they-can-get-lebron-sorry-melo-2/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

The Lakers are poised to make a big free agent splash this summer or the next, and Steve Nash is the lynchpin to the decision.

If the Lakers want to go big this offseason, they’ll use the stretch provision on Nash, spreading the amount they owe him across the cap the next three years.

But if they want to wait until 2015 to make their mark, they’ll keep Nash next season for the final year of his contract and be done with him (at least at that price).

Sounds like they’ve already made up their mind.

Kevin Ding of Bleacher Report:

And the fact is, as of this time, that Nash will get one last chance to play next season with the Lakers, who are not planning a free-agent spending spree this summer and are therefore thinking it does not make sense to use the stretch provision to waive Nash.

Everything goes out the window if LeBron James opts out of his Heat contract and is interested in the Lakers this summer, but otherwise the Lakers plan to piece a roster together again next season aroundKobe Bryant and save their cap space for 2015 free agents such as Kevin LoveLaMarcus AldridgeRajon RondoMarc Gasol and maybe James.

“Yeah,” Nash said Tuesday night about the Lakers letting him play it out next season. “It sounds like it.”

That’s bad news for Carmelo Anthony if he had any desire to join the Lakers. Even if Los Angeles weren’t his top choice, it’s one fewer potential option.

From the Lakers’ perspective, this makes sense.

I’d rather pair Kobe Bryant with Love, Aldridge or Gasol, anyway — maybe even Rondo too, health permitting. Melo and Kobe just overlap too much, and they’d step on each other’s toes more than they complement each other.

Obviously, LeBron is and should be the top priority if he’s interested, but that seems like a pipe dream.

Other 2014 free agents beyond those two are pretty underwhelming.

The real difference makers are in the class of 2015. Even if not all of them make it to free agency, the class of stars is deep enough that at least a few should. At that point, I like the Lakers’ odds of getting one.

I’m a little surprised the Lakers plan to take the patient approach, but they should be applauded if they follow through. It’s the right move.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Lakers could go after Lebron or Love or Rondo?

Thanks, pick and troll -  you may get Love, but not the other two.

Westbrook is the target, not Rondo................bye

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Not a Lakers fan?  Really, please tell us how you really feel.  No need to keep all these feelings bottled up inside.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"’m a little surprised the Lakers plan to take the patient approach, but they should be applauded if they follow through. It’s the right move."

Perhaps. But for now they should be made fun of for totally screwing up the Dwight Howard situation, the D'Antoni/Jackson situation, and for signing a geriatric like Nash to a deal that is hurting their flexbility. Oh and Kobe's albatross contract. Should I go on"?

Applause can wait till they earn it, for now, they screwed up pretty bad. I'm enjoying it to be honest. Even Laker trolls have lost heart and don't really bother us much. That shows you how bad it is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to pickandroll's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/05/report-lakers-will-wait-for-2015-free-agents-like-kevin-love-unless-they-can-get-lebron-sorry-melo-2/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

The Lakers are poised to make a big free agent splash this summer or the next, and Steve Nash is the lynchpin to the decision.

If the Lakers want to go big this offseason, they’ll use the stretch provision on Nash, spreading the amount they owe him across the cap the next three years.

But if they want to wait until 2015 to make their mark, they’ll keep Nash next season for the final year of his contract and be done with him (at least at that price).

And the fact is, as of this time, that Nash will get one last chance to play next season with the Lakers, who are not planning a free-agent spending spree this summer and are therefore thinking it does not make sense to use the stretch provision to waive Nash.

Everything goes out the window if LeBron James opts out of his Heat contract and is interested in the Lakers this summer, but otherwise the Lakers plan to piece a roster together again next season aroundKobe Bryant and save their cap space for 2015 free agents such as Kevin LoveLaMarcus AldridgeRajon RondoMarc Gasol and maybe James.

“Yeah,” Nash said Tuesday night about the Lakers letting him play it out next season. “It sounds like it.”

That’s bad news for Carmelo Anthony if he had any desire to join the Lakers. Even if Los Angeles weren’t his top choice, it’s one fewer potential option.

I’d rather pair Kobe Bryant with Love, Aldridge or Gasol, anyway — maybe even Rondo too, health permitting. Melo and Kobe just overlap too much, and they’d step on each other’s toes more than they complement each other.

Obviously, LeBron is and should be the top priority if he’s interested, but that seems like a pipe dream.

The real difference makers are in the class of 2015. Even if not all of them make it to free agency, the class of stars is deep enough that at least a few should. At that point, I like the Lakers’ odds of getting one.

I’m a little surprised the Lakers plan to take the patient approach, but they should be applauded if they follow through. It’s the right move.

[/QUOTE]

Yep, that is what many Lakers Fans are saying right now and I am assuming a few years to come.......I not a Laker Fan but.........LOL!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to pickandroll's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why not all three?

It's the lakers after all - Rondo, Kobe, LeBron and Love.....yep - rules don't apply.  How about then getting the #1 overall.....Rondo, Kobe, LeBron, Love and Embiid.

Yep, sounds about right!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Take Rondo!!! Please!!!

Maybe he'll take off again after being asked not to by both the new coach and the GM...

Take him...PLEASE!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Here is what a real non-Lakers fan would cite (as opposed to the fake non-Lakers fan).  They are unlikely to let Nash go next year according to the artilcle.  The crucial point is that after next year, it is the last year of Kobe, and since his contract is ridiculously high, it is very difficult to sign more than 1 good free agent in the summer of 2015.  But how can any big star feels good about future prospect with Kobe retiring and all but certain what  will be there in the future after Kobe leaves. 

Dwight Howard clearly had doubts and that was why he left.  In a similar fashion, how could any player feels better a few years from now than what Dwight Howard did last summer?  To me, there is a certain level of misguided arrogant here to even feel that LeBron, Love, Aldridge, Rondo etc.. are all coming in due time.  So much so that they come here and brag to the Celtics team discussion board.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/the-lakers-are-likely-keeping-steve-nash--which-means-no-big-free-agents-this-summer-014929609.html

The point here is not the Lakers are doomed to failure. It's just that, as their appraisal of available players stretches on, they look more like any other franchise attempting to create a championship team. The Lakers' history and market size certainly helps in that pursuit, but, as they learned with Dwight Howard in July, free agents usually assess current realities over all else. A rich history looks less impressive the more it recedes into the past.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to scubber's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here is what a real non-Lakers fan would cite (as opposed to the fake non-Lakers fan).  They are unlikely to let Nash go next year according to the artilcle.  The crucial point is that after next year, it is the last year of Kobe, and since his contract is ridiculously high, it is very difficult to sign more than 1 good free agent in the summer of 2015.  But how can any big star feels good about future prospect with Kobe retiring and all but certain what  will be there in the future after Kobe leaves. 

Dwight Howard clearly had doubts and that was why he left.  In a similar fashion, how could any player feels better a few years from now than what Dwight Howard did last summer?  To me, there is a certain level of misguided arrogant here to even feel that LeBron, Love, Aldridge, Rondo etc.. are all coming in due time.  So much so that they come here and brag to the Celtics team discussion board.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/the-lakers-are-likely-keeping-steve-nash--which-means-no-big-free-agents-this-summer-014929609.html

The point here is not the Lakers are doomed to failure. It's just that, as their appraisal of available players stretches on, they look more like any other franchise attempting to create a championship team. The Lakers' history and market size certainly helps in that pursuit, but, as they learned with Dwight Howard in July, free agents usually assess current realities over all else. A rich history looks less impressive the more it recedes into the past.

[/QUOTE]

Give them all they want...let them gag on whoever they want.....afterall they live in the land of Kim K!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

Lebron finally got people back on his side. Going to LA is worse that what he did a few years ago. I don't see it. I see Love going there possibly. I think Kobe will still be the man and he won't defer to any of these guys so I wouldn't bank on it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

I just witnessed the Lakers biggest loss in franchise history!

LAC 142 - LAL 91

What an embarrassment for the franchise and it's fans.

Now "who" is gonna go to L.A. ? 

It's about more than just the weather ....

Right now, lots of players are thinking LA, but they're wishing they were Clipper bound.  Trying to fit real star into the rapist's me-first-no-matter-what team has been and would be difficult unless a player just wanted to watch movie stars sitting in the front row and watch one guy chuck it up from everywhere. It's certainly not because they'd have any chance of playing to their own potential or winning a championship.  Would Bryant suddenly turn into a distributor as he gimps his way out of his career?  He'll be a stand still shooter and useless on the other end for as long as they let him.