Lakers embarrass the NBA logo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Lakers embarrass the NBA logo

Looks like jerry West is joining magic in hanging his head in shame over the antics of the gutless laker performence in this years playoffs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Re: Lakers embarrass the NBA logo

That team completely embarassed themselves in a way that taints their past accomplishments. You learn more about someone in defeat than you do in victory.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

Ah, more talk about class.  Don't you have KG?  If he's on the floor, I don't think you can do anything with class.  He certainly doesn't win with class.  We've seen him do the barking dog against an #8 seed.  Maybe he can tuck his tail when this series is over.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers embarrass the NBA logo:
    [QUOTE]Ah, more talk about class.  Don't you have KG?  If he's on the floor, I don't think you can do anything with class.  He certainly doesn't win with class.  We've seen him do the barking dog against an #8 seed.  Maybe he can tuck his tail when this series is over.
    Posted by ItsNot1966anymor[/QUOTE]

I'm so Sorry Jerry West thinks you guys are a joke. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]Can we focus on the Heat???? We still have a series here.
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

I'd thought you'd be interested in your favorite team. The losing Lake show. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

These threads reek of Dfury. Just an observation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

That is the smell of Rico!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

Yeah, Cs players have always carried themselves with the highest integrity.  I mean, Paul Pierce didn't tank the end of the 06-07 season to give Boston a better chance of landing the #1 seed.  Which they didn't get, but sitll got a top #5 pick that they turned into Ray Allen, and then there was the buddy-buddy Ainge McHale trade that brought KG (thanks old friend!!).  Players quitting, questionable trades with friends of the franchise....sounds like a constant theme espoused about the Lakers the last few days.  Look in the mirror.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, Cs players have always carried themselves with the highest integrity.  I mean, Paul Pierce didn't tank the end of the 06-07 season to give Boston a better chance of landing the #1 seed.  Which they didn't get, but sitll got a top #5 pick that they turned into Ray Allen, and then there was the buddy-buddy Ainge McHale trade that brought KG (thanks old friend!!).  Players quitting, questionable trades with friends of the franchise....sounds like a constant theme espoused about the Lakers the last few days.  Look in the mirror.

Exactly, you have a spoiled brat star who didn't want to play where he was drafted.  You have a mercenary coach, who WILL coach again for money and where there are big stars.  You have Jerry West, who gifted you Pau Gasol  You have Ron Freakin Artest - a convicted felon......not to mention koME and Colorado, Matt the wife beater Barnes and Andrew I'd rather go to the World Cup than get my knee fixed Bynum

AND, in your last two playoff elimination games, you've lost by an average of 34 points.......and that doesn't even COUNT "fans" like you who have the nerve to trash talk after getting a Texas sized WHOOPIN'

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

For the record, if someone were to offer me three consecutive finals and two titles in exchange for a second round elimination in the fourth year, I'd take it. So would fans of any team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Lakers embarrass the NBA logo:
    [QUOTE]Looks like jerry West is joining magic in hanging his head in shame over the antics of the gutless laker performence in this years playoffs. http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/05/lakers-embarrass-the-nba-logo/1?csp=hf&loc=interstitialskip
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

I am really not surprised that West would say that.  I would also imagine that the Lakers will act differently the next time and especially in the playoffs. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

[QUOTE]For the record, if someone were to offer me three consecutive finals and two titles in exchange for a second round elimination in the fourth year, I'd take it. So would fans of any team.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I think I'd prefer 8 in a row....or 11 of 13....or 13 of 20.....but then, that's just me....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]That team completely embarassed themselves in a way that taints their past accomplishments. You learn more about someone in defeat than you do in victory.
    Posted by truth-torpedo34[/QUOTE]

YAWWWWNNN!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]I think I'd prefer 8 in a row....or 11 of 13....or 13 of 20.....but then, that's just me....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]
    Now you're just being greedy. ;)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, Cs players have always carried themselves with the highest integrity.  I mean, Paul Pierce didn't tank the end of the 06-07 season to give Boston a better chance of landing the #1 seed.  Which they didn't get, but sitll got a top #5 pick that they turned into Ray Allen, and then there was the buddy-buddy Ainge McHale trade that brought KG (thanks old friend!!).  Players quitting, questionable trades with friends of the franchise....sounds like a constant theme espoused about the Lakers the last few days.  Look in the mirror.

Are you insane? No, seriously!

First of all, Pierce tanking is a creation of your imagination. The Lakers disgraceful cheapshots are proveable documented events that actually happened. 

Secondly, do any of you people realize how idiotic it sounds when you start talking about the Garnett trade being a gift? Ainge gave up a good young player on the rise (that turned into an All Star) and many other parts in order to get a guy that was in his 30s. 

Kevin McHale's job/career is on the line. Do you people honestly believe that McHale or anyone else, is weakening their team in order to help a "buddy" Some guy he played with twenty years ago. Who he may or may not have been freinds with back then. And who he probably hasn't talked to since they played together? 

They're teammates, not family. Would you put your job on the line and make yourself look stupid just to help somebody that you worked with 20 years ago? Think about how stupid that sounds.

Mchale made that trade because he thought it would make the Wolves better. That's it. Get a grip. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers embarrass the NBA logo :  Secondly, do any of you people realize how idiotic it sounds when you start talking about the Garnett trade being a gift? Ainge gave up a good young player on the rise (that turned into an All Star) and many other parts in order to get a guy that was in his 30s.
    Posted by df2[/QUOTE]

Actually Danny also returned Minny's pick that turned out to be Kevin Love.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]I think I'd prefer 8 in a row....or 11 of 13....or 13 of 20.....but then, that's just me....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Pity your team can't do similar...oops that's right, we have a shot clock, more than 9 teams, an international player base, NBA/ABA merge, more games, bigger playoff scenarios, salary cap. You guys did well in the peewee league, tell me how many times since the merge have you defended a title??

Answer: .............................................

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

Some of you Boston fans make up so many lies, you actually start believing your own delusions. It's understandable now that you lost to the Heat, some Boston fans will direct their hatred toward the Lakers.

The Lakers were swept. So what. It doesn't that L.A. will permanently languish at the bottom. It happened against Boston, it happened against Detroit, against the Bulls, against the Suns--the list goes on. So what.

The first lie that gets so much tread here is that West gifted Gasol to the Lakers. When Gasol was traded to L.A. Jerry West was no longer working for the Grizzlies. That's a fact. How can a fomrer GM get the owner of Memphis to trade Gasol to L.A.

The other bold faced lie is calling Kobe a "rapist." He was accused by an unstable, sexually promiscuous gold digger. But Boston fans bring this up time and again.

As for Artestbeing a "criminal," I've never heard or read anything remotely identifying Ron as a former prisoninmate; yet, the false accusation gets tracktion here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

[QUOTE]Some of you Boston fans make up so many lies, you actually start believing your own delusions. It's understandable now that you lost to the Heat, some Boston fans will direct their hatred toward the Lakers. The Lakers were swept. So what. It doesn't that L.A. will permanently languish at the bottom. It happened against Boston, it happened against Detroit, against the Bulls, against the Suns--the list goes on. So what. The first lie that gets so much tread here is that West gifted Gasol to the Lakers. When Gasol was traded to L.A. Jerry West was no longer working for the Grizzlies. That's a fact. How can a fomrer GM get the owner of Memphis to trade Gasol to L.A. The other bold faced lie is calling Kobe a "rapist." He was accused by an unstable, sexually promiscuous gold digger. But Boston fans bring this up time and again. As for Artestbeing a "criminal," I've never heard or read anything remotely identifying Ron as a former prisoninmate; yet, the false accusation gets tracktion here.
    Posted by LakerFan67[/QUOTE]

I think the idea of GMs making lopsided trades to benifit thier friends is moronic.

And I really don't care about Ron Artest. I think he's completely insane and a dirty player. But I hardly think he's the biggest character issue on a team that has Barnes and Bryant.

You can defend Bryant if you want. But the reality is, none of the other NBA players are being accused of rape. But Kobe is just unlucky/stupid. Everybody else has managed to avoid psychotic gold diggers. Except Kobe. Yeah, ok. Sounds reasonable.

At the very least, he's a piece of garbage that cheated on his wife. Not a good person.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers embarrass the NBA logo : I think the idea of GMs making lopsided trades to benifit thier friends is moronic. And I really don't care about Ron Artest. I think he's completely insane and a dirty player. But I hardly think he's the biggest character issue on a team that has Barnes and Bryant. You can defend Bryant if you want. But the reality is, none of the other NBA players are being accused of rape. But Kobe is just unlucky/stupid. Everybody else has managed to avoid psychotic gold diggers. Except Kobe. Yeah, ok. Sounds reasonable. At the very least, he's a piece of garbage that cheated on his wife. Not a good person.
    Posted by df2[/QUOTE]

I wonder how many other players have cheated on there wives. can you say Shaq? And how about that guy that played in Chicago?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers embarrass the NBA logo : Are you insane? No, seriously! First of all, Pierce tanking is a creation of your imagination. The Lakers disgraceful cheapshots are proveable documented events that actually happened.  Secondly, do any of you people realize how idiotic it sounds when you start talking about the Garnett trade being a gift? Ainge gave up a good young player on the rise (that turned into an All Star) and many other parts in order to get a guy that was in his 30s.  Kevin McHale's job/career is on the line. Do you people honestly believe that McHale or anyone else, is weakening their team in order to help a "buddy" Some guy he played with twenty years ago. Who he may or may not have been freinds with back then. And who he probably hasn't talked to since they played together?  They're teammates, not family. Would you put your job on the line and make yourself look stupid just to help somebody that you worked with 20 years ago? Think about how stupid that sounds. Mchale made that trade because he thought it would make the Wolves better. That's it. Get a grip. 
    Posted by df2[/QUOTE]

Maybe Ainge gave up too much for Garnett, maybe Mchale took advantage of Danny Ainge

Its also interesting that Chris Wallace the GM of the Grizziles was also the GM of the Celtics a few years ago

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

I don't doubt that nmany athletes cheat on their wives/girlfriends. It's generally thought to be very prevelant in pro sports. I really don't get where you are going with this. Just because other people are doing it doesn't mean Kobe isn't a diirtbag.

Lots of people kill. Some people even do it for a living. That doesn't make Ted Bundy an okay guy. Certain things are wrong. No matter how many people are doing them.

And yes, Chris Wallace was the GM of the Celtics and now he is the GM of the Grizzlies. I'm sorry, I lost my secret decoder ring and tin foil hat, so I'm not following. But it's perfectly okay if you don't want to take the time to explain it to me. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LALAKERSMAN. Show LALAKERSMAN's posts

[QUOTE]I don't doubt that nmany athletes cheat on their wives/girlfriends. It's generally thought to be very prevelant in pro sports. I really don't get where you are going with this. Just because other people are doing it doesn't mean Kobe isn't a diirtbag. Lots of people kill. Some people even do it for a living. That doesn't make Ted Bundy an okay guy. Certain things are wrong. No matter how many people are doing them. And yes, Chris Wallace was the GM of the Celtics and now he is the GM of the Grizzlies. I'm sorry, I lost my secret decoder ring and tin foil hat, so I'm not following. But it's perfectly okay if you don't want to take the time to explain it to me. 
    Posted by df2[/QUOTE]

if they explained it to u, u still wouldnt get it!!!

Sections
Shortcuts