Laker's fast start mirrors Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Laker's fast start mirrors Celtics

OK here we go again.....the Lakers are ranked #1 and people are already talking about 73 wins......folks, this is a long season....a couple of points....the Lakers have played 8 teams, 6 of which have losing records (26-38 .406)....the 2 wins against an opponent with a winning record both came on their home court....6 of their 8 games were played in LA with only one back to back...

8-0 start is nice...but consider.....Boston's starts the last 3 seasons...

29-3
    27-2
    23-5

combined total of 79-10 (.888).....as I said, it's a long season....by the way....Boston at 6-2 isn't bad....beat the Heat at home and the Thunder on the road...last second loss in Dallas....not bad at all....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Laker's fast start mirrors Celtics

Thought I read somewhere that one bball expert power rankings still have the Heat as #1.. lol

I agree with you that 8 games isnt much esp since who they played and how.. Still, cant complain much about those people dreaming about 72+ wins.. At 8-0, who has a better right?

As we know, fast starts dont = championships// We've had 3 incredible fast starts the past 3 seasons but just one title. Could have easily been 3 titles sans injuries but thats why you shouldnt get too excited at 8-0 yet... too much can happen, long way to go

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Right on Pal!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Lakers won't win 70 games.

But they should get the best record in the NBA.

The West is simply full of 50-55 win plyoff teams while the East has 3 60 win clubs and a bunch of 45-50 win ones.

The East teasm beat up on each other and it is annoying as far as homecourt goes.

I would love, Love LOVE if the Celts just get homecourt for the East finals. That is what our bench, deepest team in the NBa, was built for.

Boston has 17 back to backs and LA has 10. UGH!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Re: Laker's fast start mirrors Celtics:
    Thought I read somewhere that one bball expert power rankings still have the Heat as #1.. 
    Posted by Karllost

That would be John Hollinger, the guy many Celtics fans have pegged in the past as a Laker enthusiast. Funny, because many Lakers fans have long viewed him as the complete opposite.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

Good post Duke. I agree.

One thing if anyone can answer this. Can anyone PLEEEEZ tell me as to WHY the C's lost to the Cavs on their second game?????

Sorry but the Cavs are not a good team w/out L.James

I am still mind boggled over this. a little bitter to since the C's who really should be at 8-0 too at this point and even with the Mavs with 2 min. left in the game and up by 5 points I can live with that..but the Cavs!!!!????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Lakers won't win 70 games. But they should get the best record in the NBA. The West is simply full of 50-55 win plyoff teams while the East has 3 60 win clubs and a bunch of 45-50 win ones. The East teasm beat up on each other and it is annoying as far as homecourt goes. I would love, Love LOVE if the Celts just get homecourt for the East finals. That is what our bench, deepest team in the NBa, was built for. Boston has 17 back to backs and LA has 10. UGH!
    Posted by rameakap

FYI - Lakers have 15 back to backs this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Good post Duke. I agree. One thing if anyone can answer this. Can anyone PLEEEEZ tell me as to WHY the C's lost to the Cavs on their second game?????  Sorry but the Cavs are not a good team w/out L.James I am still mind boggled over this. a little bitter to since the C's who really should be at 8-0 too at this point and even with the Mavs with 2 min. left in the game and up by 5 points I can live with that..but the Cavs!!!!????
    Posted by RaulAlvarez1969

Second of a back to back on the road. Those are always tough games to win.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to Re: Laker's fast start mirrors Celtics :     Second of a back to back on the road. Those are always tough games to win. Also add that Cleveland was rested and psyched up as they were playing their home opener.
    Posted by mem17

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Laker's fast start mirrors Celtics:
    OK here we go again.....the Lakers are ranked #1 and people are already talking about 73 wins......folks, this is a long season....a couple of points....the Lakers have played 8 teams, 6 of which have losing records (26-38 .406)....the 2 wins against an opponent with a winning record both came on their home court....6 of their 8 games were played in LA with only one back to back... 8-0 start is nice...but consider.....Boston's starts the last 3 seasons... 29-3 27-2 23-5 combined total of 79-10 (.888).....as I said, it's a long season....by the way....Boston at 6-2 isn't bad....beat the Heat at home and the Thunder on the road...last second loss in Dallas....not bad at all....
    Posted by Duke4

Any talk of the Lakers winning 73 ISN'T coming from the Lakers nor many of the fans. Most of us could care less. If the Lakers get out to a 20-0 record, lose one, and then win 15 more in a row...well then maybe we'll talk about it. All we want is Bynum back, the rest of the team healthy, and home court throughout the playoffs. And if all that happens, we'll be hanging that 17th banner in Staples.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Actually, as of yesterday, Hollinger has the lakers #2 behind the Heat.

Who cares anyway, this should be moved to Around the NBA!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

...that's interesting since he is a Laker fan....remember he proclaimed the Lakers the all time franchise based partly on the most regular season wins all time....(Celtic are 2nd).....I guess head to head in the regular season and in the playoffs doesn't count as much...?  ....nor does having more titles and a much better winning percentage....he is what he is....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

Lakers won't win 70 games. But they should get the best record in the NBA. The West is simply full of 50-55 win plyoff teams while the East has 3 60 win clubs and a bunch of 45-50 win ones. The East teasm beat up on each other and it is annoying as far as homecourt goes. I would love, Love LOVE if the Celts just get homecourt for the East finals. That is what our bench, deepest team in the NBa, was built for. Boston has 17 back to backs and LA has 10. UGH!
    Posted by rameakap

The Lakers have 15 back to backs vs the Celtics 17, BFD. The Lakers also spent half their training camp promoting the NBA in Europe, with all the distractions and travel time that goes with it. What better way to try and incorporate your new additions to a pretty difficult offensive system right? 

The bottom half of the East is the arm pit of the NBA, which will translate to many easy wins over pathetic teams for the top half of the East to feast upon. Top to bottom, the West is still tougher, regardless of the one or two teams that rise up and become contenders in the East. 

The built in excuses are just that, excuses. Everyone will play out 82 games, the East will play the West teams twice, and each conference will play each of their respective teams four times. Everything will balance out. The Lakers supposedly easy schedule will turn into a tough schedule later in the year, and the various teams that start out with a tougher road will see theirs get easier. 

The Lakers got flat out better, and it scares the bleep out of some of yous guys.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Laker's fast start mirrors Celtics : The Lakers have 15 back to backs vs the Celtics 17, BFD. The Lakers also spent half their training camp promoting the NBA in Europe, with all the distractions and travel time that goes with it. What better way to try and incorporate your new additions to a pretty difficult offensive system right?  The bottom half of the East is the arm pit of the NBA, which will translate to many easy wins over pathetic teams for the top half of the East to feast upon. Top to bottom, the West is still tougher, regardless of the one or two teams that rise up and become contenders in the East.  The built in excuses are just that, excuses. Everyone will play out 82 games, the East will play the West teams twice, and each conference will play each of their respective teams four times. Everything will balance out. The Lakers supposedly easy schedule will turn into a tough schedule later in the year, and the various teams that start out with a tougher road will see theirs get easier.  The Lakers got flat out better, and it scares the bleep out of some of yous guys.
    Posted by Give-in-to-it

It is 12 back to backs

I forgot to check the last day of one month and 1st of another  that happens twice.

The Celts won a title after growing close on a trip to Rome so that argument means nothing.

Just b/c the East has 4-5 bad teams to the West's 2 doesn't mean squat, it just means LA should win a few more by 6-7 compared to the Celts by 16-17.

LA swapping Farmar and Brown for Blake and Barnes was solid move. Celts were  a few more Ray shots, a Perkins injury and the refs complete debacle of a 4th quarter away from winning last year and we improved more than LA did.

I am far more worried about health and the Heat than LA. If we get past Miami and are healthy the Celts should win the title.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to Re: Laker's fast start mirrors Celtics : It is 12 back to backs I forgot to check the last day of one month and 1st of another  that happens twice. The Celts won a title after growing close on a trip to Rome so that argument means nothing. Just b/c the East has 4-5 bad teams to the West's 2 doesn't mean squat, it just means LA should win a few more by 6-7 compared to the Celts by 16-17. LA swapping Farmar and Brown for Blake and Barnes was solid move. Celts were  a few more Ray shots, a Perkins injury and the refs complete debacle of a 4th quarter away from winning last year and we improved more than LA did. I am far more worried about health and the Heat than LA. If we get past Miami and are healthy the Celts should win the title.
    Posted by rameakap

The Lakers have only 15 back-to-backs this season, their fewest since entering the league in 1948-49, when they also had 15. The Lakers had 20 last season, their most since 1999-2000.

The East doesn't just have 4 to 5 bad teams, half the conference stinks out loud. There is a whole lot of lollipop games to feast upon in the East. The built in excuses being thrown around are weak, weak, weak. If both teams are at full strength come series time, the Lakers will kick the Celtics butt. Shaq "Granddaddy" O'Neal, and Jermaine "I have fallen but I can't get up" O'Neil are not going to help you. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsAZ. Show CeltsAZ's posts

Yeah but adding theo Ratliff will make a ton of difference.  Show some objectivity ya tool.  the West has plenty of average to bad teams as well, i.e. the Nuggets, Suns, Grizzlies, Kings, Wolves, Clippers and Rockets.  So give it a rest already.  the Blake signing was nice, but counting on a full, healthy season from Bynum is like wishing the Celtic's big 3 were all under 30.  It aint going to happen besides last year proved you could win without much from him anyhow.  That built in excuse is flat out wrong.

In Response to Re: Laker's fast start mirrors Celtics : The Lakers have only 15 back-to-backs this season, their fewest since entering the league in 1948-49, when they also had 15. The Lakers had 20 last season, their most since 1999-2000. http://articles.latimes.com/2010/nov/02/sports/la-sp-lakers-fyi-20101103 The East doesn't just have 4 to 5 bad teams, half the conference stinks out loud. There is a whole lot of lollipop games to feast upon in the East. The built in excuses being thrown around are weak, weak, weak. If both teams are at full strength come series time, the Lakers will kick the Celtics butt. Shaq "Granddaddy" O'Neal, and Jermaine "I have fallen but I can't get up" O'Neil are not going to help you. 
    Posted by Give-in-to-it

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Aslanb0ynn. Show Aslanb0ynn's posts

Yeah but adding theo Ratliff will make a ton of difference.  Show some objectivity ya tool.  the West has plenty of average to bad teams as well, i.e. the Nuggets, Suns, Grizzlies, Kings, Wolves, Clippers and Rockets.  So give it a rest already.  the Blake signing was nice, but counting on a full, healthy season from Bynum is like wishing the Celtic's big 3 were all under 30.  It aint going to happen besides last year proved you could win without much from him anyhow.  That built in excuse is flat out wrong. In Response to Re: Laker's fast start mirrors Celtics :
    Posted by CeltsAZ

Last time i checked...  Nuggets, Suns, AND Rockets are pretty good teams...  I don't know what planet ur from but didn't the nuggets AND the Suns beat the mighty Celts last year on their home court?  Maybe i'm wrong ... but i'm pretty sure any one can agree with me that those three foremention teams are much MUCH better built and would pose a much bigger threat than let's say the wizards, nets, cleveland, bobcats, knicks, toronto, indiana...  hmmm.... i don't know...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schleprechaun. Show Schleprechaun's posts

So the nuggets and suns are just as good as they were last year?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Aslanb0ynn. Show Aslanb0ynn's posts

So the nuggets and suns are just as good as they were last year?
    Posted by Schleprechaun

Nope... Nope Nope... Not saying that they are as good as last year because we'd played what 8 games so far this season?   But to categorized them as "bad" teams???   Last i check Nuggets have the same roster as last year AND i think they upgraded with AL harrington if i'm not mistaken?  Suns lost stoudemire but they got a pretty decent shooter in Turkoglou...  doesn't sound like a lot but still it's better than nothing...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Laker's fast start mirrors Celtics : Nope... Nope Nope... Not saying that they are as good as last year because we'd played what 8 games so far this season?   But to categorized them as "bad" teams???   Last i check Nuggets have the same roster as last year AND i think they upgraded with AL harrington if i'm not mistaken?  Suns lost stoudemire but they got a pretty decent shooter in Turkoglou...  doesn't sound like a lot but still it's better than nothing...
    Posted by Aslanb0ynn

nope nope nope - Kenyon Martin is still hurt, and Andersen just got back from injury.  Should be another easy win for the lakers...................against another "bad" team!,,,,,:)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Laker's fast start mirrors Celtics : It is 12 back to backs I forgot to check the last day of one month and 1st of another  that happens twice. The Celts won a title after growing close on a trip to Rome so that argument means nothing. Just b/c the East has 4-5 bad teams to the West's 2 doesn't mean squat, it just means LA should win a few more by 6-7 compared to the Celts by 16-17. LA swapping Farmar and Brown for Blake and Barnes was solid move. Celts were  a few more Ray shots, a Perkins injury and the refs complete debacle of a 4th quarter away from winning last year and we improved more than LA did. I am far more worried about health and the Heat than LA. If we get past Miami and are healthy the Celts should win the title.
    Posted by rameakap

Go get him, Rame.  I predict one more post before you get a moron comment from him!!
    Another troll who can't accept victory, and the fact we all acknowledged how good the lakers have been for the past three years.  Not really sure what they want, are you?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Aslanb0ynn. Show Aslanb0ynn's posts

In Response to Re: Laker's fast start mirrors Celtics : nope nope nope - Kenyon Martin is still hurt, and Andersen just got back from injury.  Should be another easy win for the lakers...................against another "bad" team!,,,,,:)
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Hasn't Martin been hurt for like EVERY year? and Denver is still relevant?  And i didn't even mention anything regarding the lakers mind u...  I was simply stating it that it is pretty ludicrous to categorized the rockets, the suns AND Nuggets to be a "bad" team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Laker's fast start mirrors Celtics : Hasn't Martin been hurt for like EVERY year? and Denver is still relevant?  And i didn't even mention anything regarding the lakers mind u...  I was simply stating it that it is pretty ludicrous to categorized the rockets, the suns AND Nuggets to be a "bad" team.
    Posted by Aslanb0ynn

Perhaps you missed the smiley face at the end.  Reading a problem?  I wrote earlier today that if the lakers can beat the Nuggets IN Denver, I will be very impressed.  It's still early, and they will be the team to beat all year, but winning 9 in a row in any pro sport is hard to do.  I respect the lakers, just wish their FANS would stay on their own web-sites and leave us alone.  Feel free to interpret that any way you want..............:)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Laker's fast start mirrors Celtics : Hasn't Martin been hurt for like EVERY year? and Denver is still relevant?  And i didn't even mention anything regarding the lakers mind u...  I was simply stating it that it is pretty ludicrous to categorized the rockets, the suns AND Nuggets to be a "bad" team.
    Posted by Aslanb0ynn

In case you haven't noticed the Rockets are 1 win and 6 losses.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

People may not like the Lakers on this site, but they will crush the rest of the competition in the Wasted Conference.  I can see no competition beating them without a significant injury.  Denver always threaten but fail on the bright stage.  Utah seems to be improving but Big Al needs to lose weight and dominate.  The Lakers are stacked, confident and a mile better than their competition.

Sections
Shortcuts