Laker's fast start mirrors Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFirm. Show OldFirm's posts

Re: Laker's fast start mirrors Celtics

In Response to Re: Laker's fast start mirrors Celtics:
    [QUOTE]...that's interesting since he is a Laker fan....remember he proclaimed the Lakers the all time franchise based partly on the most regular season wins all time....(Celtic are 2nd).....I guess head to head in the regular season and in the playoffs doesn't count as much...?  ....nor does having more titles and a much better winning percentage....he is what he is....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Yeah, while the Lakers is #1 against the NBA (10-4 since the golden era, remember?) the Celtics only cares about their 9-3 against the Lakers (7-0 in the bush era). Heck, if the Celtics didn't reach the final (thus no chance to play the Lakers), the season didn't count, right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

yep.....just like the '80's.......little competition for the Lakers in the West....they can breeze right into the finals again while the East beats up on each other......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]yep.....just like the '80's.......little competition for the Lakers in the West....they can breeze right into the finals again while the East beats up on each other......
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

So...what's your point?

The Laker's won't "breeze" into the Finals because of a lack of quality opponents. They'll breeze into the Finals because they're clearly, so much better than everyone...including the eastern teams.

And west teams, top to bottom, are still better than the east. Once again, the west will have more teams over .500 who won't make the playoffs, while the east will still get 4 or 5 teams in with less than a .500 record. That's because the western teams will again feast on the east. Case in point...the Utah Jazz just completed a 3 game road trip through three of the east's top contenders...undefeated.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Laker's fast start mirrors Celtics : So...what's your point? The Laker's won't "breeze" into the Finals because of a lack of quality opponents. They'll breeze into the Finals because they're clearly, so much better than everyone...including the eastern teams. And west teams, top to bottom, are still better than the east. Once again, the west will have more teams over .500 who won't make the playoffs, while the east will still get 4 or 5 teams in with less than a .500 record. That's because the western teams will again feast on the east. Case in point...the Utah Jazz just completed a 3 game road trip through three of the east's top contenders...undefeated.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Nostradamus.  I've got a couple of hundred dollars, who's going to win the Super Bowl?

Predictions are for losers!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Q my point is.....the lesser the competition the greater the odds of reaching the finals....if the Lakers are clearly so much better than their competition....including the East...then tell me.....why are they barely a .500 team once they reach the finals....and why have the Celtics beaten them 9 times in 12 tries?  ......I am not saying that the Lakers are not a great team....may be the best right now....I don't like them for various reasons but I respect their greatness and tradition....once again....this is a board where Celtic fans can communicate...you don't see me on the Laker board....you have every right to be here.....but take a look at some of the classy Laker posters....jofc, Worthy.....heck, even Elias and I get along nicely.....I'm not saying you are a bad guy or anything like that.....but you have to understand that we are partial to our guys....no?

Sections
Shortcuts