Lakers' Fire is Slowly Dying

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Lakers' Fire is Slowly Dying

Reminds me of the Celtics last year, not playing up to their potential.

Losing to FC Barcelona was already an indication that something is wrong. I think after this loss to the Heat Laker trolls and fans alike will Give-in-to-it. 

HAHAHA!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Lakers' Fire is Slowly Dying

I was very disappointed to see the Lakers lose today.  I really dislike Miami and don't like to see them win. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers' Fire is Slowly Dying:
    I was very disappointed to see the Lakers lose today.  I really dislike Miami and don't like to see them win. 
    Posted by susan250

I predicted the Celtics and the Lakers would win today. Guess the consolation prize is I can say, "The Lakers' Fire is Slowly Dying."

HAHAHA!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Don't worry guys, in the end it will still be C's and lakers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Lakers can't be the Celtics of last year and win the title this year

The Mavs, Jazz, Spurs and Thunder are all better than the Cavs (with a quitter) Magic and Hawks of a year ago in the East. 

If they make it out of the west w/o homecourt in at least 1 or maybe 2 rd's the Celts (or...gulp...Heat) will murder them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Don't worry guys, in the end it will still be C's and lakers.
    Posted by cole-ely

I really don't know about that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Lakers have no point guard (starting or bench) and Kobe has too many NBA games under his belt, it's now starting to show. Bynum will take till next season (remember KG) to get right and Shannon Brown and Tatoo Man (Barnes) are inconsistent off the bench. The NBA is just too rough for Gasol. This is a recipe for a very short season.
    Posted by walk2run

I wonder where are those Laker trolls that said Andrew Bynum will be 100% almost immediately once he comes back because he only underwent minor surgery. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

The way the Lakers look today at this time, they won't make it out of the West. But, my friends, EVERYONE said that about the Celtics last year and the veteran experience knew how to play better when the playoffs came around and health improved and the Celtics focused.   I hate the Lakers, but I can see them in April and May getting very focused and when you have Gasol, Bryant, Odom, and Bynum playing focused together - they could be the 2nd best team on the planet! Remember the 2010 Celtics and how even the folks on this Board were so down on them!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Yes everyone said that last year but what the C's did last year happens about 1 out of 10 years.  Tell me the last time a team went thru the top two seeds to get to the finals?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers' Fire is Slowly Dying : I wonder where are those Laker trolls that said Andrew Bynum will be 100% almost immediately once he comes back because he only underwent minor surgery. 
    Posted by P34

Minor surgery and missed 30 games? I would hate to have major surgery.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers' Fire is Slowly Dying : Minor surgery and missed 30 games? I would hate to have major surgery.
    Posted by OneOnOne

That's what Give-in-to-it said.

Re: For Faker Trolls only - Fakers lose at Utah

posted at 11/27/2010 8:53 PM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=87c34f844ba54f492806a31be9a0d3ba&plckUserId=87c34f844ba54f492806a31be9a0d3ba">
    First: 9/16/2010
    Last: 11/28/2010
    In Response to Re: For Faker Trolls only - Fakers lose at Utah:
    Laker trolls keep telling Celtic fans that when Perk comes back he will not be 100% all season. How about when Andrew Bynum comes back from major knee surgery, when will he be at 100%?
    Posted by P34

Andrew Bynum has a relatively minor cartilage repair, and Kendrick Perkins had major knee reconstruction. The recovery times differ for those two procedures by over a year. Bynum is expected to be fully recovered with no ill effects of the surgery shortly after he returns, whereas Perkins type of surgery isn't expected to allow him be back too 100% until some time later next year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I agree that what the C's did last year was not normal.  I'm just suggesting that with good teams, its not impossible.   When they wrote us off last year, we showed them otherwise and while I predict the Lakers won't make it, I would NOT be surprised if I'm wrong (along with a lot of other people).

Yes, the Spurs and Mavs are better than the Magic and Cavs last year.  However, the Lakers could start playing with more fire at some point and turn it around.  Gasol and Kobe and Odom are not over the hill, yet (although I think Fisher is a waste at this point).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The problem with the Lakers is they've become the Phoenix Suns, they're taking a lot of 3-point shots. That's not how they played last season and the year before that. Not surprising considering that they brought in a young Steve Kerr in Steve Blake. And we all know what Matt Barnes loves to do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Lakers' Fire is Slowly Dying:
    Reminds me of the Celtics last year, not playing up to their potential. Losing to FC Barcelona was already an indication that something is wrong. I think after this loss to the Heat Laker trolls and fans alike will Give-in-to-it.  HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34

P34, you are TRULY a fool if you believe that. I know you're hoping, but your bubble will be burst as the season moves on.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers' Fire is Slowly Dying : I wonder where are those Laker trolls that said Andrew Bynum will be 100% almost immediately once he comes back because he only underwent minor surgery. 
    Posted by P34

I don't recall ANY of us Laker fans saying Drew would be 100% almost immediately. But by mid-January, he should be back in the starting spot and improving each day.

I know you guys don't want to see a healthy Bynum cause he'll own every center Doc throws out there. Including Shaq who is a mere shell of what he once was.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Lakers' Fire is Slowly Dying : P34, you are TRULY a fool if you believe that. I know you're hoping, but your bubble will be burst as the season moves on.
    Posted by Qdaddy

I was pretty worried that you were not going to show up tonight. Like I said, good things happen when you show up. Tonight your presence here resulted in a road win by the Celtics. Good job, Qdaddy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers' Fire is Slowly Dying : I don't recall ANY of us Laker fans saying Drew would be 100% almost immediately. But by mid-January, he should be back in the starting spot and improving each day. I know you guys don't want to see a healthy Bynum cause he'll own every center Doc throws out there. Including Shaq who is a mere shell of what he once was.
    Posted by Qdaddy

Guess you don't know all the Laker trolls on this board. It was Give-in-to-it that said Bynum will almost immediately be back to 100% once he comes back.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Some people just say silly things.

It's my hope that we've got it all together by the finals. Certainly have the team to win on a given day, but that's really not good enough to win a championship. Still it's a long season.

February will be a real moment of truth for us.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

looks like you guys were better with farmar and sasha. oh well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bynum is a potentially very talented center who is injury prone or plagued might be a better word.  Pinning Laker hopes on Bynum is as silly as us pinning hopes on JON.  Injuries are part of their season every season. It will not change.  Hopefully no one is stupid enough to trade for him at this point so the Lakers(and Stern) can be gifted someone like Chris Paul. I believe this is in the works so if Andrew can implode before it will make it even harder for the league to gift him.

I look for the pathetic Hornets to end up with a package of number ones, Odom, and Shannon Brown(something this bad).  They have no shame.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

The Lakers will be in the mix but I'm now convinced they won't make it to the NBA finals unless Bynum really picks up some steam, otherwise they are not going to come out the west. I didn't realize what a liability an unmotivated Ron Artest would be. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Bynum won't even get a chance to pick up steam. I mean how could he, Kobe's shooting a lot and the rest of the Laker players keep hoisting up 3s.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers' Fire is Slowly Dying : I don't recall ANY of us Laker fans saying Drew would be 100% almost immediately. But by mid-January, he should be back in the starting spot and improving each day. I know you guys don't want to see a healthy Bynum cause he'll own every center Doc throws out there. Including Shaq who is a mere shell of what he once was.
    Posted by Qdaddy

Not sure which one of you Faker fans said it but it was basically Perkins will take a long time to get back (compared him to Garnett) and Bynum would be nearly 100 percent immediately.  I know i read that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers' Fire is Slowly Dying : Not sure which one of you Faker fans said it but it was basically Perkins will take a long time to get back (compared him to Garnett) and Bynum would be nearly 100 percent immediately.  I know i read that.
    Posted by OneOnOne

It was Give-in-to-it that said it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Bynum has never averaged a double/double in any season.....he has talent....he is young....but he is also injury prone and immature.....he is not an all star talent...and he backs down against guys his size.....Perk plays him pretty even.....take a look at each players best playoff stat's.....Perk's are better (double/double)......if/when he takes it to that level...I will change my opinion....

Sections
Shortcuts