Lakers' Fire is Slowly Dying

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Lakers' Fire is Slowly Dying

Bynum has a lot of upside, but an injury history at his age isn't a good indicator for a long, healthy career.    

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

I think the Lakers will turn it on during the playoffs.  They are the two time defending champs, I am sure they are bored to death playing in the regular season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers' Fire is Slowly Dying:
    I think the Lakers will turn it on during the playoffs.  They are the two time defending champs, I am sure they are bored to death playing in the regular season.
    Posted by bilalkazmi

I don't think they can just "turn it on"   I think they think that though.  The west top teams are a lot tougher this year. Tougher physically that the Lakers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Remember Rudy Tomjonvich's comment "never underestimate the heart of a champion". Soooo, the Lakers are not dead until the fat lady sings !!!

No question Miami is on a roll winning 15 out of 16(I think). But we too have won 15 out of 16 losing to Orlando in a 4th qtr. that reminded me of the 4th qtr in the 7th game final---sorry to open wounds---against the Lakers when in last 6-7 minutes we couldn't hit the side of a barn door & they couldn't miss. Nelson, not one of the BiG 3, was the key as were Fisher & Artest hitting long 3s while Kobe struggled & had one of his worst shooting games. Despite the disparity in foul shots, we would have won that title with just Allen getting 1-2 more 3s. Anyway, enough crying about last years title.

Regarding being afraid of Miami more than the Lakers. Who knows, we may not face the Lakers but we too need get by the Magic & Heat as they do the Spurs & Dallas.

If any of the Big 3 gets an injury, the Heat will not be a major factor. Keep in mind that we will be getting Rondo, West &, hopefully, Perkins back and in good playing heath so we don't have a New Years' swoon.

With thanks to Wrigleys Spearment Gum , Double My Pleasure, Double My Fun, I'm happy when the Celtics win & Lakers Lose(same as Sox winning & Yankees lose) and when Celtics & Sox don't play, I root for ANY TEAM who plays against them.

Actually, I'm hoping for a Celtics-Lakers finals to mend the wounds I'm still suffering from Game 7 last year. I know, I know, get over it but I want some revenge & want the Celtics to be the team that prevents Jackson from tying Auerbach.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers' Fire is Slowly Dying:
    In Response to Re: Lakers' Fire is Slowly Dying : I don't think they can just "turn it on"   I think they think that though.  The west top teams are a lot tougher this year. Tougher physically that the Lakers.
    Posted by OneOnOne

Thats what I meant to say.  I think the Lakers THINK they can simply turn it on in the playoffs.  If that is what they are doing, and I think they are, then its a huge risk they are taking.  Without homecourt, their chances of winning a championship this year are slim.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

the Lakers are not bored or mailing it in.....have you seen how pissed Kobe is after every one of these losses? ....he isn't mailing it in....but he is now showing the signs of slowing down...as one writer pointed out....the Lakers are becoming more and more of a jump shooting team....mostly threes as they finish games they are losing badly....

Sections
Shortcuts