Lakers get a huge break in the first round

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Lakers get a huge break in the first round

The Lakers dodged an incredible bullet drawing the hornets.  Without David West actually even with David West they are probably the easiest lower seed team in the playoffs.  Let's hope and pray there second round match up will be the Thunder, Trailblazers or Grizzlies all of whom will beat them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Re: Lakers get a huge break in the first round

LA can't play the Thunder in the 2nd round.
    It will be Dallas or Portland.

concord, the above is from a bdc-hidden post contributed by laker supporter tjmakz.

tj, why not get in touch w/ bdc? they've been hiding your posts here for years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bp

Thank you, I didn't really study it I was just pointing out the teams I thought that were lower seeds that could really give them a serious test.  The Grizzlies could give the Spurs and early exit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Lakers get a huge break in the first round:
    [QUOTE]The Lakers dodged an incredible bullet drawing the hornets.  Without David West actually even with David West they are probably the easiest lower seed team in the playoffs.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    I agree. This matchup should take the pressure off Bynum to be 100%. And it will hopefully give them a round to get back in sync again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers get a huge break in the first round:
    [QUOTE]LA can't play the Thunder in the 2nd round. It will be Dallas or Portland. concord, the above is from a bdc-hidden post contributed by laker supporter tjmakz. *** tj, why not get in touch w/ bdc? they've been hiding your posts here for years.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]
    How are you seeing hidden posts?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

flo, drag your cursor from any portion of concord's initial post down into any portion of my apparent second post. copy that and paste into notepad or whatever you use. you'll see hidden post between the non-hidden posts. 

also, go to page 2 of the front burner. you should see the topics I Didn't Know They Would Go This Far and BRADLEY REALLY SUX!!! notice how those two topics have the same background color as opposed to the normal alternating background colors? that's because there's a hidden thread in between. do the same highlight, copy and paste routine described above and you'll see the hidden thread.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Concord, I agree that Memphis is a good energetic team.  But, I don't see them winning over 7 games and especially when the Spurs have the home court advantage.

Thunder will give someone a BIG problem.  They are a very deep and talented team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Don't think they get a break at all. Hornets might just give them more than they think. Even without West.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]flo, drag your cursor from any portion of concord's initial post down into any portion of my apparent second post. copy that and paste into notepad or whatever you use. you'll see hidden post between the non-hidden posts.  also, go to page 2 of the front burner. you should see the topics I Didn't Know They Would Go This Far and BRADLEY REALLY SUX!!! notice how those two topics have the same background color as opposed to the normal alternating background colors? that's because there's a hidden thread in between. do the same highlight, copy and paste routine described above and you'll see the hidden thread.
    Didn't work for me on a Mac for whatever reason. Interesting discovery though. Explains all the heads-ups you give to hidden users.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Don't think they get a break at all. Hornets might just give them more than they think. Even without West.
    Posted by vertmont[/QUOTE]

Riiiiight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Why are we worrying about the Lakers so much? I mean, we have our OWN task at hand in the Eastern Conference having to go through the Heat and the Bulls to repeat as EC champions.

Lets focus on the Celtics and THEIR first round matchup.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tonyxx. Show tonyxx's posts

[QUOTE]The Lakers dodged an incredible bullet drawing the hornets.  Without David West actually even with David West they are probably the easiest lower seed team in the playoffs.  Let's hope and pray there second round match up will be the Thunder, Trailblazers or Grizzlies all of whom will beat them.

Son, you posts sound like you are complaining again! 
    Let me guess, you want another butt whooping again by Laker Show?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Tony,
    I am complaining because you guys got an easy seed. The Hornets are by far the weakest team in the playoffs. Indiana and Philly are far better. Based on the way the Lakers have played recently they will have the hands full in later rounds.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

Good job Bailey Powe. I hate when threads or posts get deleted before getting a chance to see them. Now I can try this trick. Thanks. (on edit, BDC won't let me post what TJ wrote. It makes it to the posting box but not the board when I hit enter.)

posted at 4/14/2011 5:04 PM EDT

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=1ff08261b847f47f605882959cf60bc8&plckUserId=1ff08261b847f47f605882959cf60bc8">
    First: 12/23/2006
    Last: 4/14/2011
    The Lakers dodged an incredible bullet drawing the hornets.  Without David West actually even with David West they are probably the easiest lower seed team in the playoffs.  Let's hope and pray there second round match up will be the Thunder, Trailblazers or Grizzlies all of whom will beat them.
    Posted by concord27

It will be Dallas or Portland.

posted at 4/14/2011 5:22 PM EDT

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=82290b87e4c6a8f3912e1307319b49ec&plckUserId=82290b87e4c6a8f3912e1307319b49ec">
    First: 4/10/2009
    Last: 4/14/2011
    It will be Dallas or Po

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

I Didn't Know They Would Go This Far Fiercest34 2
    The winner of Celts vs Knicks playoff Super77 1 -
    BRADLEY REALLY SUX!!! Fiercest34 43
    The hidden thread was titled The winner of Celts vs Knicks playoff by Super77. I think that's Che's sock puppet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]The Lakers dodged an incredible bullet drawing the hornets.  Without David West actually even with David West they are probably the easiest lower seed team in the playoffs.  Let's hope and pray there second round match up will be the Thunder, Trailblazers or Grizzlies all of whom will beat them.

Boston got a tough draw playing a team 2 games over .500 unlike the Grizz who are a mere 10 games over .500

Had the knicks been in the west, their pitiful record wouldn't get them within a roar of the playoffs. But oh yeah, boston got a tough draw.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]LA can't play the Thunder in the 2nd round. It will be Dallas or Portland. concord, the above is from a bdc-hidden post contributed by laker supporter tjmakz. *** tj, why not get in touch w/ bdc? they've been hiding your posts here for years.

I feel like I have supernatural powers now.. Thats pretty cool stuff.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Lakers division did not have one playoff team.  Not one was over .500 and allowed along with extra home games(Clippers and next the Kings Anaheim) them with their league record low 15 back to backs.  So when you talk about strength of schedule trolls keep in mind you have the NBA's easiest and it is continuing in the first round with the Hornets.  

Also the Lakers are the league's least penalized team.  That is why I was complaining laker children.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Tony, I am complaining because you guys got an easy seed. The Hornets are by far the weakest team in the playoffs. Indiana and Philly are far better. Based on the way the Lakers have played recently they will have the hands full in later rounds.

Uhhh...NO. Philly and Indiana come out of the east. Easily the weakest conference. The ONLY reason that the Lakers have an easier series is because West is out. But, the Lakers EARNED that matchup by playing all the way to the end of the regular season. You can cry all you want, but the Lakers didn't concede a seeding (like the Celtics) because they new it was to their advantage.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]The Lakers division did not have one playoff team.  Not one was over .500 and allowed along with extra home games(Clippers and next the Kings Anaheim) them with their league record low 15 back to backs.  So when you talk about strength of schedule trolls keep in mind you have the NBA's easiest and it is continuing in the first round with the Hornets.   Also the Lakers are the league's least penalized team.  That is why I was complaining laker children.

Concord, you realize you're making yourself look foolish....right?!

Once again, the east was hammered by the west. Most of the eastern teams would NOT make the playoffs if they played in the west. I believe Laker-Nation or another of my fellow Laker brethren has pointed out the inequality of the east vesus the west. The east just IS NOT VERY GOOD!! The records don't lie.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Well said QDaddy. Yeah, according to some Boston fans the Lakers are supposed to lay down and die.

The Lakers earned their right to be in the playoffs and their seeding no matter how THREATENED some Boston fans feel.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

You didn't answer one of my several points.  The division your team plays in has not one five hundred team or playoff team.  The Lakers play the Clippers and get two free home games.

And Philly and Indiana are far tougher playoff opponents than the Hornets as I know you know.  Your team stumbled to the playoffs even without any real injuries so you are going to need luck.

The Magic, Heat, Bulls and Celtics are all in the Eastern  Conference. The toughest teams are clearly in the East.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

If I had to pick what kind of teams are tougher, either high scoring trackmeet teams like in the west, or the hardnose defensive minded teams of the east, uuhhhh, I think im gonna go with defense.  Its clear the best DEFENSIVE teams are in the east, and DEFENSE wins championships, unless the commish has a hard on for your team and finds a way to fudge up the game with bad calls to help an offensive team that couldnt throw a rock in the ocean and needed their offensively challenged stopper to bail them out while their star was shootin 24%....

jus saying

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Remember that the Lakers also have an organization there to help them anytime they need in the "Memphis Grizzlies".  This team had every opportunity to move up to the 7 seed but chose to lose and stay in the 8th seed to "avoid the Lakers"...... or was it so that they wouldn't have to play against Pau Gasol and constantly hear about how they gifted to Jerry West's old team the main piece to them being a championship level team....or was it so that their beloved Lakers could play the weakest team going into the playoffs in the Hornets? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

The whining continues. It doesn't matter whether or if the Lakers win the title again. From the point of view of SOME CELTICS fans, there is a conspiracy, David Stern has always loved the Lakers and makes sure that they win almost every title with a teaser here and there to keep it confusing.

Then why watch the NBA if its Wrestlemania 5? Why brag about titles, as Boston fans so often do, if its FIXED? And why fine Kobe, Phil & the Lakers?

As for physical play, have you people ever watched the Spurs, Nuggets, or Blazers play? That's the biggest stereotype of them all. In game 7, the Lakers out-physicalled the Celtics. To win titles, a team has to be both athletic and physical. So Kobe, Artest, Bynum & Fisher are not physical enough for you Boston fans? As for Gasol, yes he's more of a finesse player but he outplayed KG in the last series.

So can we stop with the excuses, the petty name-calling and enjoy the games.

Sections
Shortcuts