Lakers got the Refs in their pockets?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DPG182. Show DPG182's posts

Lakers got the Refs in their pockets?

Michael Holley brought up an interesting Stat on Celtics Now last night. He stated that the Lakers are about to set the all time record for fewest fouls call against a team during a season. I thought this was interesting considering most Lakers fans think we're crazy when we say they seem to get most of the calls, at least we have a stat to prove it.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Re: Lakers got the Refs in their pockets?

In Response to Lakers got the Refs in their pockets?:
    Michael Holley brought up an interesting Stat on Celtics Now last night. He stated that the Lakers are about to set the all time record for fewest fouls call against a team during a season. I thought this was interesting considering most Lakers fans think we're crazy when we say they seem to get most of the calls, at least we have a stat to prove it.
    Posted by DPG182

We all knew that game 7 was a sham. I am glad you started this discussion. I doubt that Laker fans will admit that the Lakers get favorable treatment from the NBA..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

37-17  in the Finals....That sais it all for me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Stevie Wonder can see that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

It's all about money... remember that the NBA is a business and it is very corrupt!

Lakers win championships, they sell tshirts, memorabilia, etc. LA is also full of rich d-bags that will buy anything it's trown at them...

It doesn't surprise me at all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Heard Michael Holly as well on being the least penalized team ever.  Consider their advantages with less back to backs than any team of just 15(we had 19).  Coupled with the idea they play away games with the Clippers at their home arena and the advantages get pretty tangible. The fact that we hate them so much also complicates it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

They also let pau llama camp out in the key without ever calling 3 seconds.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxRock1. Show SoxRock1's posts

Not sure where Holley gets his stats.  The Lakers are second to the Spurs this year so far. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I thought I already posted on this board...

I'd love to see the Lakers' record in games with a foul shooting advantage

Then I'd like to see how they fare when they don't get a foul shooting advantage

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

For instance, in last years finals, over the entire series, here were the foul stats:

Boston - 174 total PF's.
    LA - 156 total PF's

That's not a coincidence or purely chance. Those numbers don't "accidentally" show up. Anyone watching last years finals with an open-mind could easily tell those games were rigged.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers got the Refs in their pockets?:
    For instance, in last years finals, over the entire series, here were the foul stats: Boston - 174 total PF's. LA - 156 total PF's That's not a coincidence or purely chance. Those numbers don't "accidentally" show up. Anyone watching last years finals with an open-mind could easily tell those games were rigged.
    Posted by vertigho

Out of curiosity, how did those numbers look in games that were either won by Boston or when the game were close?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Anyone watching last years finals with an open-mind could easily tell those games were rigged.
    Posted by vertigho

And is the NBA not rigged this year? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

If some believe in conspiracy theories (I don't), why do you watch the games? If you think the outcome is already determined is it worth it?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Amazing!!  I read earlier that the Lakers had the fewest back2back games of all the NBA teams.

Now they're the team with the least fouls called on them

Gee, I wish I had  David Stern looking out for me like he does the Lakers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

A pattern with the Lakers, Heat, and now mabey Bulls is to give them enough calls early to help out and sometimes to call the game better toward the end.  Look for Koby, the prince, Wade, and Rose to get the phantom calls.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Amazing!!  I read earlier that the Lakers had the fewest back2back games of all the NBA teams. Now they're the team with the least fouls called on them Gee, I wish I had  David Stern looking out for me like he does the Lakers.
    Posted by Karllost

I posted this in another thread, but perhaps it deserves another look... the Lakers have the league low of 10 opponents playing them on the second night of a back to back. The Celtics have 18. The Bulls have 26.

I suspect we can find inequalities everywhere if we are looking for them. Why don't we just play the games instead?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers got the Refs in their pockets? : Out of curiosity, how did those numbers look in games that were either won by Boston or when the game were close?
    Posted by guyfromtex

I'm not exactly sure, but from my recollection (I looked at the foul stats a number of hours ago), the numbers in the first game of the series were very unbalanced, in favor of LA. Then games 2-5 were pretty balanced, with little difference between the foul numbers. It's game 6 and 7 that the major difference was seen. The foul difference in favor of LA in those two games was unbelievable.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

I'm a science guy, so like like some proof with bold statements.

I decided to go to basketball reference and check out the "Holly statement".

Not only was I unable to confirm the statement, but the evidence appears to show that statement is completely unfounded. The Lakers are not even low team on the totem pole this year let alone all time.

While I view the Lakers as the evil empire, it appears that this statement has no basis in reality.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/tsl_finder.cgi

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers got the Refs in their pockets? : I posted this in another thread, but perhaps it deserves another look...  the Lakers have the league low of 10 opponents playing them on the second night of a back to back. The Celtics have 18. The Bulls have 26. http://www.nbastuffer.com/2010-2011_NBA_Schedule_Rest_Days_Analysis.html I suspect we can find inequalities everywhere if we are looking for them. Why don't we just play the games instead?
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget

Game 3 was a joke, game 7 was a bigger joke, back to backs disparity is a joke, multiple Celtic close games w/ momentum deciding horribly botched calls in 2nd half this year... just enough to deny us homecourt... shameful

it's a joke, i love the NBA but Stern/the refs have made it a sham

Just watch, Celts will be up 5-8 in the 3rd quarter tonight, two horrible calls in a 3 minutes span around the close of the 3rd start of the 4th will get chicago 3-5 undeserved points, the crowd will get crazy, the Bulls will get up and stay up last 6 mins

That is how the NBA brekas the Celts backs... they use the horrible back to backs and a few awful calls (Toronto game, Atlanta game to name the first two I think of) and we are a 3 seed instead of a one and LA a 2 seed instead of a 4.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Little Rico,
    You are such a fan I thought that would be your favorite thread. What a surprise. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

When the commissioner of the league publicly says his dream Finals match-up is Lakers vs. Lakers you don't think the league will do something to tip the scales in their favor?  If not you need to pull your head out of the sand!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Lakers got the Refs in their pockets?:
    Posted by DPG182

I believe it was Laker-Nation who said it best, and I quote...

"Cry me a river!"

Sections
Shortcuts