Lakers got the Refs in their pockets?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Re: Lakers got the Refs in their pockets?

In Response to Re: Lakers got the Refs in their pockets?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers got the Refs in their pockets? : I posted this in another thread, but perhaps it deserves another look...  the Lakers have the league low of 10 opponents playing them on the second night of a back to back. The Celtics have 18. The Bulls have 26. http://www.nbastuffer.com/2010-2011_NBA_Schedule_Rest_Days_Analysis.html I suspect we can find inequalities everywhere if we are looking for them. Why don't we just play the games instead?
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Flobus, do you seriously think that this is tougher for older teams like the Lakers and Celtics than actually having to play the back to backs?  You are seriously looking for inequalities here to justify the lakers easy schedule. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

As I tell my kids, never blame the refs for a loss.  Its a lame excuse.  The solution is to play better so the refs can't make a difference. Just beat the other team.  When you start to blame the refs, then you're in denial.  they will make bad calls and some games will be tilted both in their favor and against them.  Get real.  There is no conspiracy.  Maybe we just foul more and they are less aggressive on D...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Can you Boston fans quit with the excuses! Even if it were true that the Lakers have fewer fouls and that the NBA is fixed, why do you people continue to watch the NBA? I don't buy this latest thread.

First the Boston fans say that the Lakers are soft, that they are scared of the phyicality exhibited by the Celtics. If that's the case, then this is the reason why Boston gets called for more fouls than the Lakers. Boston plays a physical style of basketball. The Lakers are a more finesse team.

Second, if the NBA is fixed then why haven't the Lakers won all the championships and why doesn't Stern manipulate player trades that assures that the Lakers have the best 5 players in the league? Why didn't he get Lebron and Wade to sign with L.A.?

Third, in the last championship Boston had won home court twice in the series. They came to L.A. needing to win just 1 game out of two. What happened? They were blown out in game 6.

I don't like the way the Lakers have been playing lately but the physical play allowed by Utah and Denver was ridiculous for the non-calls. I'm critical of the Lakers when they are not playing with any passion and seemingly have it in "cruise control. And I don't like it when the refs miss calls, allow one team to play physical and ticky tack the other. Some games the refs seemingly swallow their whistles and some games they are calling what many might call phantom fouls.

The Miami-Mavericks championship series was completely one-sided with the refs protecting Wade throughout. But I'm not one of those fans that believes in conspiracies and realize that human frailties/limitations are the primary culprit.

Some Boston fans are delusional and will always look for excuses when their team loses. And some Boston fans are more realistic and objective.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Did Tommy Heinsohn started this post?

Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Whether Holley is 100% accurate doesn't alter the fact that the calls for and against LA are not the same. The game is called differently form one end to the other no matter who they play.  It's impossible to know the number of "bail-out" calls they get in a season, but it would be in the hundreds I'd guess. The refs will blow or swallow depending on where the Lakers are in a game; winning - fewer calls, losing - more (and suspect) calls.  I'd be interested in knowing how many times Artest has fouled out since he's been with LA compared to his record before.  It should be easy enough to find out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Can't find the disqualifications for Artest but his average fouls per game this year is 2.1 and is 2.8 for his career according to NBA.com.  No time to search the rest.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from campari. Show campari's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers got the Refs in their pockets?:
    [QUOTE]I'm a science guy, so like like some proof with bold statements. I decided to go to basketball reference and check out the "Holly statement". Not only was I unable to confirm the statement, but the evidence appears to show that statement is completely unfounded. The Lakers are not even low team on the totem pole this year let alone all time. While I view the Lakers as the evil empire, it appears that this statement has no basis in reality. http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/tsl_finder.cgi
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan[/QUOTE]

um, based on the link you provided, the lakers have the least personal fouls called on them of any team this year.