Lakers Grabbed 55 Rebounds

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Re: Lakers Grabbed 55 Rebounds

Hi.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Good point buddy  (GK).....nice game!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

With Lin playing so well and Baron Davis almost back, it looks like NY is out as a possible location to trade Rondo.

Wilcox is  a decent player but he has never been a rebounder.
    Bass is a real nice offensive player but he is not a big rebounder either.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

It was a great game Duke. Hey Fiercest no "Punch on the Grill" thread tonight????
    LOL!!! Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers Grabbed 55 Rebounds:
    It was a great game Duke. Hey Fiercest no "Punch on the Grill" thread tonight???? LOL!!!
    Posted by TheNewGKDynasty

We didn't do it but you will punched in the grill a lot more times this season.  The Lakers are as old and cumbersome as we are.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

right on bud...!!!  ...how I wish for the Bird/Magic rivalry again....this one is always fun head to head (twice a year)....but the days of battling for the championship are history now....still a great rivalry for what it's worth...!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I posted this elsewhere but as it addresses our rebounding deficiency, I've copied and pasted it here !!!

Even if we had won I wouldn't have felt confident going forward. We live or die on outside shooting. Hate to open up old wound Game 7 finals(w/o egregious discrepancy in foul shots & blowing a 13 pt lead), we got out rebounded and that's what won game 7. Yup,we won 3 out of 7 because on those nights our outside shooting game was better than theirs. Tonght with only 5 FTs couldn't we have driven to the basket within the last possession seconds in Reg time and OT ???
    I'm reading on the thread, it's OK we had a bad shooting night ! A good rebounding team can have a bad shooting night and still win. Lakers can toss up 3s and miss them because they have the percentages getting the rebounds. We don't have that luxury. Game 7 they shot a pathetic 32% while we shot 40% but when you get shot after shot the blind chipmunt finds an acorn after a while.

Whom would you rather have had on your team tonight..

Rondo 14 pts/2reb(yup I know he's only a PG)

or Gasol(25 pts/14reb)...he's been called soft...a plastic explosive is also soft !!! 
    Personally, I think KG is a lot softer !!!

Case closed...do the trade if available and we'll worry about getting PG later. With Gasol and KG, they can either put in the rebound or toss it out to Pierce, Allen, Pietrus, Bass etc. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

I totally agree with getting rid of Rondo.....what's this his 4th year and still can't shoot. The Cs got up by 7 at one point and his bonehead passes allow the Lakers get back into game....package him and JO and whoever. When the opposition leaves you open and you don't make them pay....it's time to move on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers Grabbed 55 Rebounds : We didn't do it but you will punched in the grill a lot more times this season.  The Lakers are as old and cumbersome as we are.
    Posted by concord27

Am I missing something???? Celtics core is very young, Allen, Garnett, Pierce, JO. Ok if you say so...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

5 free throws...

way to take it to them, guys.

Except for an occasional Rondo drive, it looked like a game of "around the world."

And Rondo's the guy you want to trade???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Lakers Grabbed 55 Rebounds:
    We all know what happened the last time the Lakers got 50 or more rebounds against the Celts. This loss was a preview of things to come when we play the Heat or the Bulls in the playoffs. The Celts are still one big man away from being a contender. On the bright side, this loss will really force Ainge to trade Rondo. We just can't play like this, like tonight, in the playoffs.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Fierce you are right but you have to consider we are going to need a point guard. You address one hole the ship springs another leak.  Bradley and Dooling are not going to get it down for a real run.  I actually am less sure of our potential after watching KG tonight.  That was a performance that blew my mind. The shots he had were just so easy and he kept missing shot after shot.

I think the reason Danny hasn't dealt Rondo to the lakers is the point guard issue will stick out like the big man issue.  We have another problem, Doc wants to have this old group out there even when they don't perform.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

What happend to your magic 40 rebounds and the Celtics win number...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

5 free throws... way to take it to them, guys. Except for an occasional Rondo drive, it looked like a game of "around the world." And Rondo's the guy you want to trade???
    Posted by MrJohnnyMost

He didn't drive enough,  he never shot a free throw.  If he could he would be taking the ball to the hoop in crunch time.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Green-Islander. Show Green-Islander's posts

yea no "Punched in the Grill" tonight... for either teams.

it was a good game. a L is an L, but still a good game for both teams.

man, we need to get better at rebounding against taller teams.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers Grabbed 55 Rebounds : Finding a Jeremy Lin is easier than finding a Pau Gasol.
    Posted by Fiercest34

The fact is we should have found Jeremy Linn.  He was right in Boston.
    I think we need to find a point guard now Dooling is useless and adjusting to a new one will not be so easy.  The big three are pretty inflexible.  Is there a way we could get Ramon Sessions? What would they want?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Fiercest I told you we would talk come Thursday...Laughing

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Laker bigs were just too good for the Celtic bigs....game over.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Laker bigs were just too good for the Celtic bigs....game over.
    Posted by Elven 32

Celtics lack of a low post threat and turnovers were the cause.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers Grabbed 55 Rebounds : Celtics lack of a low post threat and turnovers were the cause.
    Posted by CelticFanLA

Bynum- 16pts & 17 rebs
    JO- 2pts & 6 rebs

Gasol- 25pts & 14 rebs
    KG- 12pts & 10 rebs

As I said, the Laker bigs were just too good.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Why you want to trade Rondo for Gasol?  Lakers are in the western conference while the Celtics are in the eastern conference.  Lakers may not even go past the first or second round.  Eastern conference do not have alot of talent center except Orlando.  But Celtics beat them twice in the last two times they faced them.

Celtics went 9-1 in their last ten games before losing to the Lakers.

Really the team are fine for now.  Rondo is one of the better defender PG in the league.  

If the Celtics know that they will face the Lakers in the final, then I would make this trade to work!!!

But I know the Lakers arent going to go far this year!!

Sections
Shortcuts