Lakers Helped The Celts Tonight

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Re: Lakers Helped The Celts Tonight

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's great to play in the little leagues. Second best record in the little leagues (East), Lakers no Kobe no Gasol NO PROBLEM...

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Pacers now have 25 losses.

Knicks have 25 losses.

Nets have 27 losses.

Thanks to the Lakers, it looks like the Celts are back in the hunt for the 3rd seed.

Good point.   Surprised  that the Lakers won, but it does help the Celtics to have a chance of moving up in the standings. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

The Celtics will help the Lakers preserve the 33-game winning streak?

Monday, potential win #23...

Given how weak the Celtics are, I won't hold my breath...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

Knicks have 25 losses.

Nets have 27 losses.

Thanks to the Lakers, it looks like the Celts are back in the hunt for the 3rd seed.

Good point.   Surprised  that the Lakers won, but it does help the Celtics to have a chance of moving up in the standings. 

Yes, we can win the Altantic Division and get the 3 seed

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

"Little League"...? .....well, since the East holds the edge all time (35-29) I'd say the West should be considered the junior circuit.....and remember, one of those champions from the West played in good old Rochester, NY...in fact, the West won the first six championships under the old rules....then came the shot clock and the addition of several rules that changed the game forever...for the record, since the new era began, the East actually holds a huge edge (35-23)...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to KingShaq's comment:

In response to Duke4's comment:

"Little League"...? .....well, since the East holds the edge all time (35-29) I'd say the West should be considered the junior circuit.....and remember, one of those champions from the West played in good old Rochester, NY...in fact, the West won the first six championships under the old rules....then came the shot clock and the addition of several rules that changed the game forever...for the record, since the new era began, the East actually holds a huge edge (35-23)...

FACT: the east sucks in inter-conference record in 2012-13, as of the morning of 3/17/2013, it's 166-231.

When you can't argue the fact that the east is little league in 2012-13, just change the context to "all time". Not surprised that you've scooped to such low, duke (little case all the way)...

Obviously the West is the stronger conference this year.

As a Celtic fan that makes me happy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

well, in all honesty, I hadn't thought of it in that respect...fair point, I'll give you that...at times I may overreact....but it usually happens when I feel provoked by sarcasm and/or mockery...I stand corrected on this one..  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

thanks Hedley....I guess I'm mellowing in my old age...but I will never stop defending our boys in green & white...and to be honest, I have always had the utmost respect for the guys in purple & gold as well...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:

Don't forget the Bucks played in the west when they won the championship

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

In response to susan250's comment:

Knicks have 25 losses.

Nets have 27 losses.

Yes, we can win the Altantic Division and get the 3 seed

NY lost again today.  Hopefully, the Celtics can continue to win most of their remaining games.  Winning the Atlantic division would be terrific. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

dirty, I did take into account that Milwaukee was in the West in that post regarding the 35-23 comparison between the conferences....another point to consider in the discussion is the fact that the Hawks, who were one of the Western powers that played the Celts back to back in the late '50's, shifted to the Eastern Conference when the NBA added the expansion Phoenix Suns to the West...which strengthened the East while diluting the West....expansion continued to dilute the entire league....think of it...in the 8 team NBA of the early '60's, there were usually 3 to 4 teams capable of winning the title (38 to 50%)....in todays 30 team league there are probably two to three teams at best in each conference that are capable of winning it all....so the odds have dropped from a probable high of 50% to a probable low of 13%....while one can say it was easier to win in the '60's, in fact the East won 100% of the time.....these days the chances of winning a title for 90% of the league are nill....it is a watered down league (at least IMHO)