Lakers Hire D'Antoni

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Re: Lakers Hire D'Antoni

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Lakers will now use the 7 seconds or less offense?

Lakers will score within 7 seconds, but the opponent will score in 3 seconds with D'Antoni's defense.

HAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]LOL!  I hear what you are saying. Mike D'Antoni teams donot play defense.  When I read of his hiring, I thought, that's got to be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.  Its always best to have a coach with balance, that can coach both sides of the ball.  Common sense.  Doc Rivers, Lenny Wilkens and Phil Jackson, can coach both offense and defense. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

They would have been better off caving to Phil's demands. For them to run and gun they need guys that can get up and down. Outside of Kobe and Nash they don't and that means they need decent bench play which they also don't have. He's better than Mike Brown, but this style fits this team less than the princeton offense does. My prediction is they will win 45-50 games because of the starting 5 they have, but will be a 2nd round casualty again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

The run and gun lakers.

Wow.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Agree with all of you.  This is a very surprising hire by the Lakers.   The Lakers aren't suited for his style of coaching.   He is also not a good defensive coach that won't improve any team. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

As with the C's, withholding judgement for awhile.

Lakers definitely in transition.  Less emphasis on D  a  given.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

The more I read BloggetyPoo's obtuse ramblings, the more I yearn for the ignore function to be brought back.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

For that kind of offense to work you need to have guys that can get out on the wing. Outside of Kobe nobody on that team can. You will need to go to the bench for that and yeat Not that jordan Hill might be able to do that and maybe meeks, but who else can you count on for that kind of offense and wheat happens on the defensive end. Nash can't play D and meeks is not known to be a great defender. I think the Lakers have some pieces that you could play that way in stretches, but they can't do that for 48 minutes and expect to have anything left by playoff time. I'm not even bashing the Lakers here I'm speaking in real terms. Do I think he's an upgrade from Mike Brown? That leg lamp from A Christmas Story would be an upgrade from Mike Brown, but again your instituting another offense that doesn't play to what this team could do well. No bashing just the facts.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DFURY13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For that kind of offense to work you need to have guys that can get out on the wing. Outside of Kobe nobody on that team can. You will need to go to the bench for that and yeat Not that jordan Hill might be able to do that and maybe meeks, but who else can you count on for that kind of offense and wheat happens on the defensive end. Nash can't play D and meeks is not known to be a great defender. I think the Lakers have some pieces that you could play that way in stretches, but they can't do that for 48 minutes and expect to have anything left by playoff time. I'm not even bashing the Lakers here I'm speaking in real terms. Do I think he's an upgrade from Mike Brown? That leg lamp from A Christmas Story would be an upgrade from Mike Brown, but again your instituting another offense that doesn't play to what this team could do well. No bashing just the facts.

[/QUOTE]

It is all about personnel available and the Lakers have the best available. It will be intersting to see what D'Antoni will do with all that he has to work with. Steve Nash is undoubtedly thrilled and Kobe is very excited too. This is going to be a lot of fun. Have a blessed day!

[/QUOTE]

The losing won't be fun and it is  coming.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts