Lakers Hire D'Antoni

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Lakers Hire D'Antoni

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thanks, Fierce........

There is also this tidbit:

It was Jim Buss who was perceived as the driving force to rid the organization of any connection to Jackson and his domineering personality, including giving little consideration for Brian Shaw to become the successor because Shaw had been an assistant on Jackson’s staff, even though players openly hoped Shaw would get the promotion.

From

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/tag/jim-buss/

But anyone who knows anything about basketball already knew this!!  WE don't need "sources"

[/QUOTE]

Shaw = Triangle offense

Duh...

Have a very blessed day!

[/QUOTE]

It was Jim Buss who was perceived as the driving force to rid the organization of any connection to Jackson and his domineering personality,

DUH!!!!

[/QUOTE]

"perceived" is the key word kiddo. Look it up.

Duh!!!

Have a very blessed day!

[/QUOTE]

Spin it all you want.......................you ask for proof, it is provided, and then you discount it.......very immature of you.

[/QUOTE]

Not spinning anything. Sometimes the media perceives things that are untrue. Until I see someone actually say something, I am skeptical. You just learned something kiddo. Thank me later!

[/QUOTE]

That is a lie -

1.  You will never see Buss say it, you are a fan.  But we all know they barely spoke at the end of the year.

2.  You READ where Phil threw kobe under the bus in his book after he got FIRED as lakers coach, yet you maintain they had a great relationship

3.  You SAW David Stern suspend Artest last year, and you still think he had NOTHING to do with it!!

[/QUOTE]

Look my friend, to answer your points...

1. Jeannie Buss dates Phil. Phil helped the Lakers win 5 titles. Jim may be irked that he did not get as much credit as PJ did (assumption), but he and Phil do not dislike each other, as neither of them have ever said anything negative about the other.

2. Kobe and Phil's relationship is fine. Sure, they may have had squabbles, but in the end they both respect each other and are good friends. Heck, Kobe had nothing but great things to say about Phil over the past couple of days.

3. Stu Jackson handles ALL discipline in the NBA. It clearly states as much on the NBA's official website (www.nba.com) David Stern does the press conferences.

I hope you have a great day!

[/QUOTE]

1.  Jim did not rehire Phil - and as soon as Phil "retired", Jim got rid of anything to do with Phil.  Vlad Rad just said the other day "no one liked Phil".  Sure, he was the second best lakers coach of all-time, but he was arrogant and smug, and Jim Buss wanted him gone.  All of this "best fit" stuff is smoke and mirrors...............they hired D'Antoni very quickly, don't you think?  Didn't even wait for Phil to think it over.  Ramona Shelburne and Chris Broussard BOTH said Phil was going to take the job today...............sure he was well liked??

2.  Got a link that says they are "good friends?"  While I agree they would be able to co-exist, I defy you to find a link that says they are "good friends."

3.  Stu Jackson handles the NBA discipline, true.  Not in this case.  Stern suspended Artest for being a repeat offender.  I gave you three links.  And even if Stu handles the discipline, IN THIS CASE, Sten had the final say.............kind of like you saying Jerry still has final say on the lakers decisions.........see?

[/QUOTE]

1. You use Vlad Rad as a source? Isn't this the same guy that lied about how he got injured? And isn't he the same guy that Phil referred to as a "space cadet" because he was so confused with the triangle. Yeah, I believe him too.  LAUGHABLE!

2. Watch the Kobe press conference after the Warriors game on Friday night and tell me what makes you think Kobe has any ill will towards Phil. I won't be holding my breath once again.

3. The NBA's website (www.nba.com) states clearly that Stu Jackson handles ALL disciplinary action. It does reference anything about repeat offenders are subject to David Stern's decision. Also LAUGHABLE!  Just stating the facts.

[/QUOTE]

1.  Nope, just an example of how he was not as well-liked as you people like to think.  How about Gary Payton?

2.  Right, like I'm going to waste my time watching a lakers press conference.  YOU said they were good friends..........now you are already changing it to "no ill will".  That usually means they have mended fences...............hardly "good friends".  WHEN you provide a link that has the words "kobe Bryant and Phil Jackson are good friends" I will leave it alone.

3.  Again, even if Stu handles the discipline, Stern would have the final say.  No one really knows if Stu wanted 2 games and Stern said more, or Stu wanted the whole playoffs and Stern said LESS...................."handles" the discipline is kind of vague.  Stern OVERSEES everything in the league.  Who suspended Michael Jordan for a year?  Stu Jackson?  Who re-instated Michael Jordan, Stu Jackson?  Who suspended Ron Artest in 2004, Stu Jackson?  You are delusional if you think Stern had NO say in this!!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

1. Who cares about Gary Payton has to say. How long did he even play under Phil?

2. Per Ramona Shelburne, "I was talking to Kobe via email, and he said you know, I love PJ, but I am very excited to play under D'Antoni" - - Hmmm.. yeah, he really cannot stand Phil Jackson. http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/8622939/will-mike-dantoni-lead-lakers-title

3. Great deflecting job, but ultimately it is another EPIC FAIL on your behalf.

Have a very blessed day!

[/QUOTE]

Here is an idea:

I don't like you and you don't like me.

You are very immature, and it grates on my intelligence.  I could give you fifty sources, and you wouldn't agree because it's me........

Why don't we just agree to stop responding to each other's posts?  Clearly it is a waste of time for both of us, as we will never agree on anything.  Let's just say we parted ways because we couldn't agree.  You and your immature postings take up too much of my time...............so, this will be it.  Good luck to your team this year, I really think you'll need it, and I think you'll see it is not the coaching, it's the roster.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

I will say this - while I don't have the level of confidence I would've had with PJ, I feel a h of a lot better with D'Antoni over Brown. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to FlobusMcNugget's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I will say this - while I don't have the level of confidence I would've had with PJ, I feel a h of a lot better with D'Antoni over Brown. 

[/QUOTE]

Well, Buss Jr. will have a lot to answer for if it doesn't work out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Seriously D"Antoni will help Kobe,Nash and Gasol, but I think his style will diminish DHs play.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Like I said previously the major awards leg lamp from a Christmas story would make a better coach than Mike Brown.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

1. Who cares about Gary Payton has to say. How long did he even play under Phil?

2. Per Ramona Shelburne, "I was talking to Kobe via email, and he said you know, I love PJ, but I am very excited to play under D'Antoni" - - Hmmm.. yeah, he really cannot stand Phil Jackson. http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/8622939/will-mike-dantoni-lead-lakers-title

Have a very blessed day!

[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain. Looks like another second round out. Rejoice Mr. Pringles never got to the second round with the knicks. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

if I were a lakers fan I would beyond pssed. Go to bed thinkIng you have Jackson wake up with DAntoni. He simply is not a championship coach no d and quick shots. Look at the C-Heat Confernce finals what were the scores of those games. That is what championship basketball looks like.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

Have a very blessed day!

[/QUOTE]
    Keep those words handy, you will need them again sometime this season...probably by the second round...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

I can see Kobe and MWP flourishing in the new run & gun offense.  It is a great idea to make the game longer when you don't have a bench.  Wow, Jim Buss running Lakers is going to be great fun!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from john reudametkin. Show john reudametkin's posts

I will say this, though Jackson was the best coach for the job, you have to know that the Lakers are the all-time best franchise for a reason. The Busses must know what their doing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to john reudametkin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I will say this, though Jackson seeded the best coach for the job, you have to know that the Lakers are the all-time best franchise for a reason. The Busses must know what their doing.

[/QUOTE]

?????  Anyone understand this??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I will say this, though Jackson seeded the best coach for the job, you have to know that the Lakers are the all-time best franchise for a reason. The Busses must know what their doing.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It just means that TommyFool has resurfaced under a different alias.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Some reports had PJ asking for complete control over player personnel, an ownership stake, no travelling with the team and the same salary he previously was paid.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

D'antonio has never come close to winning big.   his system stinks.  this is going to be great to watch.  ancient nash will have to be put in traction during timeouts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

whats funny is if they hired phil we would be hearing how great a deal it was.since that didnt happen now all we hear is how the lakers didnt want him.laker fans are definitely hypocrites!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

In response to FlobusMcNugget's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Some sanity and a reasonable perspective from a Lakers fan, without foaming at the mouth and spamming thisplace.  Take note, learn and grow up, BB.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Cilafornia skools...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Busses know what they are doing?

Come on, when Jimmy first took over, his first move was to hire Mike Brown!

HAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

and there you have it

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Lakers got a 2 for 1 bargain.

D'Antoni is not only the coach, he's also the mascot.

Laker trolls, meet Mr. Pringles!

Untitled

[/QUOTE]LOL!  There is a resemblance.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

and he is injured too..can't make this stuff up...lol

Sections
Shortcuts