LAKERS-HORNETS SERIES THREAD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: LAKERS-HORNETS SERIES THREAD

In Response to Re: LAKERS-HORNETS SERIES THREAD:
    Chris Paul was unstoppable today, the man exploited pick and rolls better than any pg i've seen in years. Lakers won't be able to guard him.
    Posted by truth-torpedo34

Great win by the Hornets.  This is a much closer series than I expected.  I still believe the Lakers will win, but the Hornets are a tough matchup for them. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

We'll see what happens in games 5 and 6. We really need to win this in 6. Absolutely don't want to go to 7 games. In a similar position last year against The Thunder. However, we did have younger legs last season. And didn't have such an erratic end to the season. Have to admit I didn't expect this sort of series from The Hornets. But well done to them. Right now, as it stands, I can't see us getting past The Thunder. The Grizzlies are young and athletic as well. Very scary proposition to us as I'd rather play The Spurs than a younger team. All I'm asking from these play-offs and the future is somebody in the East, Anybody to beat Miami each season in the play offs and send them home without a Finals appearance. Wade has his championship. But I don't want to see James win anything.
    Posted by RUWorthy

We'll do our best to beat Miami, that you can be sure of!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Happy to see the Hornets make the Lakers work, but I think the LAL will win in the end. Too much size and talent for the LAL, even with a lame Mamba.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Don't forget the lakers are playing the "nba's team" now.  Don't expect many bailout calls in this one.  I still dont' think the hornets can win another game, but it's great seeing the lakers sweat when we are resting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

It was a fun game to watch.

Lakers miscues near the end cost them the game.

I still think it will be Celtics-Lakers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1986. Show 1986's posts

Go Hornets !

What a game in New Orleans since the original Pete Maravich's Jazz team in the '70s!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Chris Paul is playing out of his mind right now. The Lakers will still win the series, but Paul is making it more difficult than it should be.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

We'll see what happens in games 5 and 6. We really need to win this in 6. Absolutely don't want to go to 7 games. In a similar position last year against The Thunder. However, we did have younger legs last season. And didn't have such an erratic end to the season. Have to admit I didn't expect this sort of series from The Hornets. But well done to them. Right now, as it stands, I can't see us getting past The Thunder. The Grizzlies are young and athletic as well. Very scary proposition to us as I'd rather play The Spurs than a younger team. All I'm asking from these play-offs and the future is somebody in the East, Anybody to beat Miami each season in the play offs and send them home without a Finals appearance. Wade has his championship. But I don't want to see James win anything.
    Posted by RUWorthy

I'm sure you'll win, but with the way Gasol is playing, it cannot be good that koME left the arena on crutches.  He is one of the toughest players ever, and I'm sure he'll play........but it has to take its' toll someday.....he's not 18 anymore!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: LAKERS-HORNETS SERIES THREAD : I'm sure you'll win, but with the way Gasol is playing, it cannot be good that koME left the arena on crutches.  He is one of the toughest players ever, and I'm sure he'll play........but it has to take its' toll someday.....he's not 18 anymore!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

He's not as consistent as he once was. Still an exceptionally good player but his prime years are now behind him. His best years are behind him, if he want's to believe that or not. Still very capable of helping us win this season. But so much needs to go our way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

You can check on of my post. I picked the Hornets. Be honest did not think it would happen, but it's looking better. Best of 2 out of 3 now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

You can check on of my post. I picked the Hornets. Be honest did not think it would happen, but it's looking better. Best of 2 out of 3 now.
    Posted by vertmont

Wonder if the Hornets can hold their nerve? That's the big question now. They're certainly in a position to win the series. If they're good enough that is.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=a3be1d1a39b0faa51cc2c4b57db4084b&plckUserId=a3be1d1a39b0faa51cc2c4b57db4084b">
    First: 4/12/2009
    Last: 4/25/2011
    Don't think they get a break at all. Hornets might just give them more than they think. Even without West.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to LAKERS-HORNETS SERIES THREAD:
    surprised lakes are down right now. looks like it will be tough series. but i will go out on a limb and say the lakes will pull this out. with spurs losing, lakes will likely face griz in the second round. they are a bad matchup for griz.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

I think we are finding out what a point guard could do if he were able to shoot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

any chance the lakes lose tonight?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Kobe has a sprained ankle, Chris Paul and Tevor Ariza do not.

It could happen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

29- 21 NO

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

This is going to the wire

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Posted by RUWorthy

i dont think you have to worry about that just yet..the heat still need to develop a reliable bench before they can go deep in the playoffs, much less win it all...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Kobe has a sprained ankle, Chris Paul and Tevor Ariza do not. It could happen.
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan
    guess not! lakes can be hard to figure out. now lakes will smoke THE MAVS!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Kobe has a sprained ankle, Chris Paul and Tevor Ariza do not. It could happen.
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan

Kobe definitely didn't look like he had a sprained ankle.   I thought the game would be closer, but it definitely was a very good win by the Lakers.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Who are the hornets?  Cool

Sections
Shortcuts