Lakers horrible start best thing ever for them.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from john reudametkin. Show john reudametkin's posts

Lakers horrible start best thing ever for them.

The Lakers 0-8 preseason and 1-4 start couldn't have played out better if it means Phil Jackson ends up back on the Lakers bench. Brown was useless and it would only have gotten worse. But as it turns out there is still plenty of time for Jackson to work his magic.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Lakers horrible start best thing ever for them.

Blog....are you talking about the franchise that takes a back seat to our beloved Celtics?  time to repent......the truth shall set you free.....you can't deny the facts my friend...

17-16 in Championships

17-4 vs 16-15 in the Finals....(and the Lakers are 11-14 since moving to LA...a losing record? ...I bet most of the trolls aren't even aware of that one)

.809 vs .516 winning percentage in the Finals..?.....(.400 in Los Angeles....there's that losing record again)

9-3 head to head in the Finals? (now that is downright embarrassing!!)

153-123 (.554) record all time in the regular season (that's kind of humbling too)

and the kicker is that this is a Celtic board and you spend so much of your time over here trying to convince our fans that somehow your team is better.....(that is actually pretty sad)

all in all....I feel for you pal....envy is one of life's evils....let it go.....I know that you are better than this....so I'll pray that you see the light...

You have a blessed day brother....and keep that smile going strong....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Actually the best thing ever would have been if they were as good as everyone thought they were.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from john reudametkin. Show john reudametkin's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Blog....are you talking about the franchise that takes a back seat to our beloved Celtics?  time to repent......the truth shall set you free.....you can't deny the facts my friend...

17-16 in Championships

17-4 vs 16-15 in the Finals....(and the Lakers are 11-14 since moving to LA...a losing record? ...I bet most of the trolls aren't even aware of that one)

.809 vs .516 winning percentage in the Finals..?.....(.400 in Los Angeles....there's that losing record again)

153-123 (.554) record all time in the regular season (that's kind of humbling too)

and the kicker is that this is a Celtic board and you spend so much of your time over here trying to convince our fans that somehow your team is better.....(that is actually pretty sad)

all in all....I feel for you pal....envy is one of life's evils....let it go.....I know that you are better than this....so I'll pray that you see the light...

[/QUOTE]

I dunno, if the Lakers get to 18 first you have to consider them the best ever, and it looks like they will get there before the Celtics. It's all about rings. Head to head and all that stuff is just malarkey when compared to rings.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Spot on....it is all about the rings....and since the Celtics passed the Minneapolis/Los Angeles Lakers in the total number of rings after the 1963 Finals, the Celtics have been the league's flagship franchise!!

This season's Finals will commemorate Boston's 50th year of being the all time leader...unless, of course, the Lakers can manage to win it all....then there would be a tie...in my opinion, the Celtics win that tie breaker by virtue of the head to head dominance in both the regular season and the playoffs....of course Laker fans don't see it that way....and that's fine....but until the Lakers are able to pass the Celtics, it's a moot point....and that is a very big "if" at this point...after all, the Lakers have been in hot pursuit for most of the last five decades....and their core players (Kobe and Nash) are now grizzled veterans nearing the end of their careers....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

the hiring of D'Antoni now means that the Lakers won't have to run the "Princton Offense" any more....he is reunited with Steve Nash.....they will start to run and gun...that is, until the old men wear out...with limited shooters and a terrible bench they are in worse shape than they were before Brown was fired.....I watched ESPN....(four different shows today).....a total of 13 analysts gave their take on this hiring (led by Laker backer extraordinaire Bill Plaschke).....11 of them thought that this was a terrible hire....and including the two that were ok with it, to a man everyone said Phil should've been the guy....not one of them thought the Lakers would be among the top contenders at this point....just reporting what I saw from the ESPN crew today...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Let's not forget that all of the Celtic banners came during the "Modern NBA" (the shot clock era)....the game that Mikan's Lakers played almost doomed the league....without the rules changes there most likely would not have been a league by the end of the 1950's.....

the Celtics dominated the new era....Mikan had to retire (quit) at age 31 because he could no longer play the "new game"....the league flourished even without it's biggest star....it's a fact that almost one third of the Laker's titles were won during that long lost era.... Bob Short bought the franchise in the late 1950's and  moved the team to Los Angeles in 1960....evidently the titles won in the early days meant nothing to the new owner.....in 1965 Short sold the franchise to Jack Kent Cooke who also had no use for the earlier titles....Cooke was the man who build the "Fabulous Forum" and who planned the elaborate celebration where the balloons would be released from the rafters as the UCLA Band played "Happy Days are Here Again" once the Lakers defeated the Celtics in the '69 Finals....alas, it didn't happen....the Celtics prevailed, Bill Russell beat Wilt one last time (and retired as the greatest winner in league history).....Cooke would go on to sell the Lakers to Dr Jerry Buss in 1979,  who also seemingly ignored the old championships....finally, in 2001 as the Lakers began to challenge the Celtics for the league lead in titles, Buss hoisted one banner to honor the five titles of the early 1950's.....and the Laker's campaign to catch the Celtics was under way.....over 10 years later, the Celtics still maintain their status as the greatest franchise......

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to john reudametkin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Duke4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

17-16 in Championships

[/QUOTE]

I dunno, if the Lakers get to 18 first you have to consider them the best ever, and it looks like they will get there before the Celtics. It's all about rings. Head to head and all that stuff is just malarkey when compared to rings.

[/QUOTE]

Well the Lakers have 16 championship. 5 of which came from Minny, which even the franchise doesn't even celebrate. The Lakers are a mess right now so they are at least one more year away from winning 17. After this year the Lakers window slams shut unless they unload Pau and rebuild on the fly. It doesn't look like they are going to hit 18 any time soon, even though it is only really 13.

13. This post has been removed.