Lakers Improving, we are not !!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Lakers Improving, we are not !!!

Emotionally, I like to believe our small team lineup on any given night can beat anybody by shooting 50%, playing great "D" and causing turnovers because we'll probably lose the rebound battle. I hate the Lakers and feel good they will still be a banner behind us after this year. But, unfortunately, it won't be 2.  The only thing consistent about our team is its inconsistency. I recall when Green scored 31 pts and both PP & KG were out but other than that game his performance has been so so. Last night we'd still lost to the Bobcats with PP in the game but maybe by only 10-15 pts. As an objective basketball fan, the Lakers had Kobe score 40pts in 2 consecutive games while Howard was playing average. But last night DW scored 39 pts and got 14 rebs(1/2 of the 28 our team got vs 45 for Charlotte). This is not new news---we've been last or next to last in rebounding since Perkins left.

We will survive the 1st round perhaps only if we play the Knicks or Brooklyn. The Lakers, however, have OKC, the Clippers, the Spurs & Denver with which to contend. I think any of those teams could beat the East except for the Heat & maybe Indy. And I think LA could beat these Eastern teams too.  KG has been horrible last 2 games & we need him desperately to advance & PP to score 20-25+.  But, I'd dealt Rondo for Cousins and Evans if we could have.  And, I would be happy even pursuing getting DH when season ends. OK...my $.02 cents !!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Re: Lakers Improving, we are not !!!

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Of course the Celtics are not improving like you want them to. Remember, the Celts didn't get an upgrade over Bass at the trade deadline.

But the Celts will last longer in the playoffs than the Lakers. 

You seriously think the Lakers will upset OKC or the Spurs? 

NO WAY!

And come on, the last 4 Laker games were against 3 non-playoff teams. We'll know more if the Lakers are for real if they can beat the Hawks and the Pacers.

Thanks Danny...

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Irrelevant - we are supposed to be talking about the Celtics.  The only way we see the lakers again is if both of us make the Finals............and since NEITHER of us will,  who cares about the lakers?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Of course the Celtics are not improving like you want them to. Remember, the Celts didn't get an upgrade over Bass at the trade deadline.

NO WAY!

And come on, the last 4 Laker games were against 3 non-playoff teams. We'll know more if the Lakers are for real if they can beat the Hawks and the Pacers.

Fierce...I do agree the Lakers would not beat OKC, the Spurs, Clippers or Denver. I am just saying that if Howard can help them get 10+ rebs over opponents, that's 10 second chances for mediocre shooters, except for Kobe & Nash.  And I believe we will last longer in the playoffs because our division is weaker because we can probably beat anyone except for the Heat & Indy and then, being a Dale Carnegie positive type, getting hot in a 7 game series, who knows ???

I reiterate, I'm still going to be happy we will be one banner ahead of LA !!! And, their prospects for next year ain't too bright either while we have the ace in the hole, Rondo, to deal with in a trade for a big man---Cousins & Evans too perhaps. I'd even go after DH if possible !!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

NO WAY!

Fierce...I do agree the Lakers would not beat OKC, the Spurs, Clippers or Denver. I am just saying that if Howard can help them get 10+ rebs over opponents, that's 10 second chances for mediocre shooters, except for Kobe & Nash.  And I believe we will last longer in the playoffs because our division is weaker because we can probably beat anyone except for the Heat & Indy and then, being a Dale Carnegie positive type, getting hot in a 7 game series, who knows ???

I reiterate, I'm still going to be happy we will be one banner ahead of LA !!! And, their prospects for next year ain't too bright either while we have the ace in the hole, Rondo, to deal with in a trade for a big man---Cousins & Evans too perhaps. I'd even go after DH if possible !!!

I think Evans will be a UFA, and I'm not sure we can trade for him now.  We'd have to take a bad contract, or get a 3rd team involved.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Irrelevant - we are supposed to be talking about the Celtics.  The only way we see the lakers again is if both of us make the Finals............and since NEITHER of us will,  who cares about the lakers?

Sorry, hedley, but as a fan who has hated the Lakers(Yankees too) all his life despite our dominance over them in head-to-head finals, 2010's 7th game loss still hurts, I get an enjoyment seeing them lose.  And I get a pleasure knowing we are still one banner ahead of them & our propects for being 2 ahead instead of them tying us are very good.

As per Spearment's Chewing gum ad, Double your pleasure, double your fun, I get the same satisfaction when Cetics win and Lakers lose(same with Sox and Yankees. So, I care about the Lakers and watch their games & become a fan of anyone who plays against them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Sorry, hedley, but as a fan who has hated the Lakers(Yankees too) all his life despite our dominance over them in head-to-head finals, 2010's 7th game loss still hurts, I get an enjoyment seeing them lose.  And I a pleasure knowing we are still one banner ahead of them & our propects for being 2 ahead instead of them tying us are very good.

As per Spearment's Chewing gum ad, Double your pleasure, double your fun, I get the same satisfaction when Cetics win and Lakers lose(same with Sox and Yankees. So, I care about the Lakers and watch their games & become a fan of anyone who plays against them.

No problem, it wasn't personal.  What's funny is that when I was younger, I would PRAY for a lakers/Celtics matchup.  Bird vs Magic - basketball at its' best.

Sadly, I'm apathetic now in the reg season about the lakers.  While it would be funny to see them not make the playoffs (and shut these people up),  they will make the playoffs and do better than many here expect against the Spurs or Thunder.

What is even sadder, is that if the Internet existed back in the 80's................I probably would have  become apathetic then, too.  Instead of praying for the matchup!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Emotionally, I like to believe our small team lineup on any given night can beat anybody by shooting 50%, playing great "D" and causing turnovers because we'll probably lose the rebound battle. I hate the Lakers and feel good they will still be a banner behind us after this year. But, unfortunately, it won't be 2.  The only thing consistent about our team is its inconsistency. I recall when Green scored 31 pts and both PP & KG were out but other than that game his performance has been so so. Last night we'd still lost to the Bobcats with PP in the game but maybe by only 10-15 pts. As an objective basketball fan, the Lakers had Kobe score 40pts in 2 consecutive games while Howard was playing average. But last night DW scored 39 pts and got 14 rebs(1/2 of the 28 our team got vs 45 for Charlotte). This is not new news---we've been last or next to last in rebounding since Perkins left.

We will survive the 1st round perhaps only if we play the Knicks or Brooklyn. The Lakers, however, have OKC, the Clippers, the Spurs & Denver with which to contend. I think any of those teams could beat the East except for the Heat & maybe Indy. And I think LA could beat these Eastern teams too.  KG has been horrible last 2 games & we need him desperately to advance & PP to score 20-25+.  But, I'd dealt Rondo for Cousins and Evans if we could have.  And, I would be happy even pursuing getting DH when season ends. OK...my $.02 cents !!!

What do the Lakers have to do with the Celtics losing two games?  What are you lamenting here the Celtics have been decimated with injuries?  The Lakers are experiencing a dead cat bounce and you seem to feel like what they do is essential to how the Celtics actually are doing?  As KG often says "it is what it is."  

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

What do the Lakers have to do with the Celtics losing two games?  What are you lamenting here the Celtics have been decimated with injuries?  The Lakers are experiencing a dead cat bounce and you seem to feel like what they do is essential to how the Celtics actually are doing?  As KG often says "it is what it is."  

And we haven't been "decimated" with injuries???? You never hear me cry about it...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

We all know Jimmy Buss is incompetent. 

At least Ainge got Jordan Crawford to replace Barbosa. 

What did Jimmy do at the trade deadline?

NOTHING!

Umm. He did pull off the acquisition of DH this past summer. And regardless of what you think of Dwight's play thus far, he's been playing better for the Lakes than Bynum has for the Sixers.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:

But the Celts have a bigger chance of making the Finals than the Lakers.

ROTFLMAO!!!

Ever heard of the Miami Heat kiddo? 

Thanks for playing.

Stay blessed!

yeah, we took them to seven games last year. Have you heard of the Thunder, the Spurs the Grizz the Nuggets and all the other treams better than the Lakwers out west? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to dfurypos' comment:

No legit pg and center good luck with that PIPE DREAM in the playoffs!Missingteeth

Terrible point guard play, no shooting and no bench. Good luck Lakers. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

ROTFLMAO!!!

Thanks for playing.

Stay blessed!

yeah, we took them to seven games last year. Have you heard of the Thunder, the Spurs the Grizz the Nuggets and all the other treams better than the Lakers out west? 

How many games did the Lakers go against the Thunder last year?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Regarding the Lakers and their recent surge:

While they are 17-6 in their last 23 games, 11 of those wins came against teams with losing records. That includes two each over the Hornets (22-43) and T-Wolves (22-39). And twice, the Lakers needed inhuman performances by Kobe in the fourth quarter to beat Toronto and Charlotte. (Yes, I am aware of the irony with the latter).

The Lakers are to be commended for getting in the playoff picture, but they remain 2-13 vs. the top six teams in the West. Until they show they can beat an elite team, they'd do well to remember Harvey Keitel's famous line from "Pulp Fiction."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Regarding the Lakers and their recent surge:

While they are 17-6 in their last 23 games, 11 of those wins came against teams with losing records. That includes two each over the Hornets (22-43) and T-Wolves (22-39). And twice, the Lakers needed inhuman performances by Kobe in the fourth quarter to beat Toronto and Charlotte. (Yes, I’m aware of the irony with the latter).

The Lakers are to be commended for getting in the playoff picture, but they remain 2-13 vs. the top six teams in the West. Until they show they can beat an elite team, they'd do well to remember Harvey Keitel's famous line from "Pulp Fiction."

Yes, I know that line, too!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i'm hungry. let's get a taco ? no, wait...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

i'm hungry. let's get a taco ? no, wait...

Wrong movie!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

ROTFLMAO!!!

Thanks for playing.

Stay blessed!

yeah, we took them to seven games last year. Have you heard of the Thunder, the Spurs the Grizz the Nuggets and all the other treams better than the Lakwers out west? 

Ive been saying this for quite awhile now and will say again, the lakers are not nearly as bad as people on this board keep stating... in fact they are pretty good and getting better and trust me no one in the west wants to play them in the first round.....anyone who thinks they are not better than the Cs better just take a look at the rosters....  Dwight Kobe Nash are better than any three we have and the whole team is on the rise.... just take a look at their record since the allstar break and tell me otherwise.....just saying!

Sections
Shortcuts