Lakers now truly lack Caracter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Lakers now truly lack Caracter

The second year forward was cut before his contract became guaranteed.  Lakers fans out here are giddy that the cut might signal the Arenas signing.  Or a trade!!  Me, I think it is yet another in a series of cost-cutting moves by Jimmy boy!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

Re: Lakers now truly lack Caracter

This guy acts like he knows the pulse of Lakers fans.

There was no reason to keep Caracter.
    Save money now and open up a roster spot.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

Why pay Caracter $300,000+ and $300,000+ to luxury tax for a guy to play in the D-League? Saving money is not a bad thing.

He was going to get cut anyway when LA adds another player.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Pulse #1:
    Could it be? A trade or player signing is coming? I'm excited. Please, Mitch, let's build some depth!

Pulse #2:
    come on now is the time to make a move

Pulse #3:
    Making room for Gilbert most likely

Pulse #4:
    Or a possible trade for Ramon Sessions.

Pulse #5:
    I heard Steve Nash, which would be a better fit in the locker room than agent 0 who can no longer create his own shot

All italicized pulses taken directly off the LA Times.  The names have been omitted to protect the innocent and ignorant!!

LA Times  - I wonder if THEY know the pulse of lakers fans!!  I'm ready for an completely illogical and infantile rebuttal from the artist formerly known as mtrax -you know, the "T-Wolves" fan!!

Like, you know, saying it's a cost cutting move right after I said it was a cost cutting move!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

I'm glad to see that you have perfected google searches and cutting/pasting.

Many teams cut players yesterday.
    They did it to save money and/or open up a roster spot.
    Most likely Caracter would have been waved by 3/15, so why waste an additional $600,000+?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

I've read it mentioned in articles as a possibility, but I have not met one Laker fan that wants Arenas. Maybe Sessions is coming.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers now truly lack Caracter:
    [QUOTE]I've read it mentioned in articles as a possibility, but I have not met one Laker fan that wants Arenas. Maybe Sessions is coming.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Nobody can say that they want Arenas because nobody knows what he has left as a player.

Keeping Gasol and trading for 25 year old Sessions would be much smarter for LA then to give up Pau for Rondo.
    Sessions would make LA's offense so much more efficient.
    Then LA could focus on upgrading the SF position.
    I could see LA ending the season with a starting line up of Sessions, Kobe, Gasol, Bynum and Stephen Jackson. With a bench of World Peace, Blake, Murphy, McRoberts, Goudelock, Kapono, etc.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers now truly lack Caracter : How do you plan to acquire these people, Luke Walton??
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Sessions for a 2012 1st round pick.

I'm not sure what Milwaukee would want for Stephen Jackson.
    He has been in the dog house big time up until last night.
    4 out of the last 5 games he had DNP-CD's.
    Yes, I would expect that Luke Walton would be moved.
    LA would rather move Luke and then amnesty Metta World Peace after the season is over.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

And who would want Luke?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]And who would want Luke?
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Nobody.
    He would be just a necessary salary to make a trade work.

LA could trade Luke for a much better player to make the salaries work then give them a 1st round pick.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]MORE jokes!!! A #1 pick for a backup PG shooting 33% from the floor?? Oh yeah, DO THAT!! Luke Walton ( who you JUST said no one wants) for Stephen Jackson???? I didn't know this was stand up comedy!! Love those lakers (oops T-Wolves) fans!!

Sessions is a back up point guard because he plays behind Kyrie.
    LA won't get a pg better then Sessions with a non-lottery pick.
    Sure, LA would love to have Nash but there aren't rumors of Phoenix trading him. (yet).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers now truly lack Caracter : Fluff - how would you get Stephen Jackson or Nash? 

Walton/McRoberts/Kapono and (2) 2012 1st round picks for Nash.
    McRoberts and Kapono can't be traded until 3/1. 

Not sure if that is too much to give up for Nash.
    Walton and McRoberts would have one year left after this year.

LA would maybe want to give up (1) 1st round pick and take back a player with a bad contract with their trade exception.

Nash/Kobe/Gasol/Bynum and who cares at SF would be unbelievable.

P.S. I am glad we are friends.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers now truly lack Caracter : That trade is a total joke - and how would you get Capt Jack again?  Didn't see it there!

Total joke? Total truth!

LA would not get Jackson if they traded for Nash.
    They would have World Peace/Barnes/Ebanks to play SF.
    Or Kobe could play some SF while Nash/Blake/Goudelock played at the 1 and 2 for some periods.
    If they re-signed Nash after the season, they would amnesty World Peace and maybe offer a contract to Barnes as a back up. Their off season to do list would be to get a starting SF.
    LA could also get a SF with their trade exception.

Mr. Cuban, thanks for the 1st round pick and trade exception for Khloe's husband. Plus they are savings millions not having to pay him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]Last time I checked, Nash has not given any indication he wants to be traded.  Also, PHO would have to dump other contracts in any trade....Walton?  Kapono?  McRoberts?  They are all junk and would ride the pine with Childress!!! Do you REALLY think PHO would give up a 2 time MVP for the lakers trash? Who would PHO get to play PG?? Rondo for Nash makes a lot more sense!! You DO know, that you can't just use the trade exception, right?  Have to include a draft pick....oops you traded them for Nash. Nice try, though!!

I don't think (2) 1st round picks is trash.
    Aaron Brooks is expected to come back to Phoenix next month.
    He will be a restricted free agent and Phoenix has said they will match any offers he receives.

You don't have to include a draft pick in a trade for a trade exception.
    Silly, naive friend.
    You are like the Archie Bunker of the on-line community.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

Red, why did you delete almost all of your posts in this thread?
    Embarrassed that you said a draft pick had to be traded with a trade exception?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

Caracter's roster spot will come in handy when LA trades for Ramon Sessions.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers now truly lack Caracter : That's what Red said, Jimmy is cost cutting.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Don't even bother!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slipslidingaway. Show slipslidingaway's posts

In Response to Lakers now truly lack Caracter:
    [QUOTE]The second year forward was cut before his contract became guaranteed.  Lakers fans out here are giddy that the cut might signal the Arenas signing.  Or a trade!!  Me, I think it is yet another in a series of cost-cutting moves by Jimmy boy!!

Tuesday was a cut down day, and some rosters had to be trimmed or these ungaranteed contracts for young bench players were going to have to be garanteed. Makes no sense for a luxury tax team like the Lakers to pay a guy like Caracter. I don't think this move had anything to do with them adding players.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Lakers now truly lack Caracter : Tuesday was a cut down day, and some rosters had to be trimmed or these ungaranteed contracts for young bench players were going to have to be garanteed. Makes no sense for a luxury tax team like the Lakers to pay a guy like Caracter. I don't think this move had anything to do with them adding players. http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/2/7/2782053/nba-cut-day-guaranteed-contracts
    Posted by slipslidingaway[/QUOTE]

Agreed, is that not what I wrote??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Lakers now truly lack Caracter : Tuesday was a cut down day, and some rosters had to be trimmed or these ungaranteed contracts for young bench players were going to have to be garanteed. Makes no sense for a luxury tax team like the Lakers to pay a guy like Caracter. I don't think this move had anything to do with them adding players. http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/2/7/2782053/nba-cut-day-guaranteed-contracts
    Posted by slipslidingaway[/QUOTE]

LA is obviously looking into adding a point guard.
    If they add one by 3/15 they would put Caracter on waivers.
    If they waived him by yesterday LA is saving over $600,000.

He hasn't played for them this year and is not in their plans so why waste money to keep him?

Sections
Shortcuts