Lakers Only NBA Franchise to Lose in the Finals in Every Decade

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Re: Lakers Only NBA Franchise to Lose in the Finals in Every Decade

Lakers are the only franchise to play in the finals every decade. 8 straight decades they have been to the finals.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Green-Islander. Show Green-Islander's posts

sigh.

you just love calling out the laker trolls here dont you? :/

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Come to think of it, that's really quite an achievement! Finding a way to lose in the finals every decade is not an easy thing to do. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

What do we call them a dominant loser?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

They lose in the finals just as much as they win the finals.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers Only NBA Franchise to Lose in the Finals in Every Decade:
    [QUOTE]What do we call them a dominant loser?
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I was thinking prominent loser but you one upped me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

I would rather get there with a chance to win then not get there at all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

Hey morons, you have to get to the Finals in order to win them!

Since the Sacramento Kings, among others, have never been to the Finals, they therefore have an unblemish record.  How about them Spurs and Bulls, a combined 10-0 in the Finals.  They should be the best franchises, not the Celtics or Lakers.  Furthermore, after these Finals, the Heat will be a perfect 2-0, a much better percentage than Boston or LA. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers Only NBA Franchise to Lose in the Finals in Every Decade:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Only NBA Franchise to Lose in the Finals in Every Decade : I was thinking prominent loser but you one upped me.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

You want prominent losing?  How about the Mighty Celtics between the seasons 1995-1996 and 2000-2001 when they missed the playoffs all six of those seasons and posted a stellar .378 winning percentage.  Think about it, in a league where half the teams make the playoffs, the Great Celtics failed to qualify 6 years in a row!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

In Response to Lakers Only NBA Franchise to Lose in the Finals in Every Decade:
    [QUOTE]Wow! In the 1960s they lost a ton to the Celtics in the Finals. Didn't do much better in the 70s either, lost to the Knicks in 1970 and 1973. They improved in the 80s going 5-3 in the Finals. Went 0-1 in the Finals in the 90s. And in the 2k era lost to the Pistons and Celtics in the Finals.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Boston: 1987-2007.......no championships and from 1988 they couldn't muster a single Finals appearance.

That's right folks, not a single Finals appearance!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]If your only kicks in life come from trolling on a boston website, you need to reevaluate the direction your lives are headed in. I pity your worthless souls.
    Posted by truth-torpedo34[/QUOTE]

Actually, this is only one of my kicks.  Thanks for your pity - God knows we all need it in this rough and tumble world.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Rock solid logic. I am sure that stat has nothing at all to do with that fact that the Lakers have made far more finals appearances than anyone else in the league. IMO there's not a team in the league that wouldn't trade their first round exit for a finals appearance (win or lose) any day. 

Not knocking the Celtics, but defending sanity.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Only NBA Franchise to Lose in the Finals in Every Decade : Is it such a bad thing that the Lakers are the only team in the NBA to lose in the Finals every decade?  I'm not saying that the Lakers are not a great franchise, all I'm saying is they're the only team in the NBA to lose in the Finals in every decade. Not knocking the Lakers, just stating a fact.
    And stirring things up, as your Celtic brethren have pointed out.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Only NBA Franchise to Lose in the Finals in Every Decade : Is it such a bad thing that the Lakers are the only team in the NBA to lose in the Finals every decade?  I'm not saying that the Lakers are not a great franchise, all I'm saying is they're the only team in the NBA to lose in the Finals in every decade. Not knocking the Lakers, just stating a fact.

I have to agree that this a very flawed thread.  Many teams would have been thankful to have made it to the finals every decade.  You can't expect to win everytime that you make it to the NBA finals.  Some franchises would just be happy to make it to the NBA finals a few times. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Rock solid logic. I am sure that stat has nothing at all to do with that fact that the Lakers have made far more finals appearances than anyone else in the league. IMO there's not a team in the league that wouldn't trade their first round exit for a finals appearance (win or lose) any day.  Not knocking the Celtics, but defending sanity.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Agree with you 100%. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]What's the point in getting into the Finals if you're just going to lose? According to Laker Great Kobe Bryant if you lose in the Finals you're just the first loser. HAHAHA!!!

Guess you'd have the most recent experience with that.....2010!!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Only NBA Franchise to Lose in the Finals in Every Decade : Guess you'd have the most recent experience with that.....2010!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

And you are still in second place. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

jtkl, you must love coming to this site and being thoroughly punked each and everyday?  Laughing

Did you get that NBA encyclopedia yet? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]What's the point in getting into the Finals if you're just going to lose? According to Laker Great Kobe Bryant if you lose in the Finals you're just the first loser. HAHAHA!!!

In that case, the keltics don't have to worry about losing in the finals for a

LONG TIME!

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

In fact you don't have to worry for another 25 years.

Sections
Shortcuts