Lakers pull out of Chris Paul talks!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Lakers pull out of Chris Paul talks!!!

Wow, I never thought this would happen. Danny its your turn now. Make it happen!

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7340640/los-angeles-lakers-pull-trade-talks-chris-paul-according-sources

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Lakers pull out of Chris Paul talks!!!

HA HA HA - love it, one down, one to go!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Something is up! Odom headed to Dallas now.

I bet the Lakers are going after Howard instead of Paul.

Ainge probably can't get the West deal done until Paul gets done.

Mitch and Danny are staring down each other. These moves will determine who is the first to get to 20 Titles.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

This is a golden opportunity for DA to make something happen. Im sure DA is on the phone right now!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Well if this is true. Paul could be pissed with the Lakers if they pull out. So Ainge should just try to get Paul and West and call it a day. The Knicks already signed Bibby.

Rondo, JON, Green and #1 for West and Paul

Paul goes to Boston
    Howard goes to LA

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

You guys serious?.. I'd rather see them get Paul to be honest, no?

I thought Howard to be the main prize????

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

i think boston jumps back in for paul...and i don't think we can trade green..we just signed him going to have to wait 30 day's to trade him i think.

all this is driving me crazy.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers pull out of Chris Paul talks!!!:
    In Response to Re: Lakers pull out of Chris Paul talks!!! : Howard won't want to go there w/o Paul, especially if LA gives up Gasol & Bynum to get him.
    Posted by Mployee8

Well they still have a championship team and he knows the Lakers will spend to stay competitive....

You really think Paul and Howard fall through for the Lakers?

Stern will never hear the end of this one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers pull out of Chris Paul talks!!! : Well they still have a championship team and he knows the Lakers will spend to stay competitive.... You really think Paul and Howard fall through for the Lakers? Stern will never hear the end of this one.
    Posted by Getzo

If Lakers trade Bynum and Gasol to Orlando, Orlando is going to have to take 72 mil, I dont think they would want to inherit that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers pull out of Chris Paul talks!!! : If Lakers trade Bynum and Gasol to Orlando, Orlando is going to have to take 72 mil, I dont think they would want to inherit that.
    Posted by CelticFanLA

They Lakers sent Pau to Spain(JK), and Howard swaps with Bynum....  they don't need to take both players right?

This could still go down.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

All this makes Howard to Lakers MORE probably.  Orlando can take Gasol or Bynum and lots of LA assets and then move one of them.   They can take Bynum and Gasol, move Gasol to Houston and get some other players to go with Bynum (step into New Orlean's shoes).   I see Billups to Lakers or to Miami at that point.

Doesn't matter - if we got Paul and West for Rondo, JON, 2 first round Picks, and whoever else is tradeable, kept PP, Ray, Green, and KG - we can beat ANYBODY.   Just don't see New Orleans doing that deal.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers pull out of Chris Paul talks!!! : They aren't prepared for this fast action .... Way over the cap and no young talent to trade. Not much difference between KG/RA and Gasol/Bynum other than the years left on Gasols contract ... LA could toss in the PTE they got from Dallas I suppose but they still aren't getting youth. Danny has a few yoots at his disposal as well as picks. I'll take DH at his word that he doesn't want to follow the footsteps of Shaq ... It's up to Otis I guess.
    Posted by Mployee8

That's the only thing the makes me think it wont go down.  Stern really screwed the Lakers, man.  Wow.  I'll even admit that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

You guys serious?.. I'd rather see them get Paul to be honest, no? I thought Howard to be the main prize????
    Posted by Getzo

I'd rather LA replace Odom and Bynum.... two guys who will give you 60 minutes, 30 points and 20 rebounds in the frontcourt... with Howard's 38 mins, 24 points and 12 rebounds and then nothing good replacing that other 22 minutes at the 4-5

then get Paul scoring 18, dishing 12, and turning the 18 ppg Bynum into the 26ppg Bynum.

Either way... LA won't be better than the '09 team.... and they will be better than the team of crybaby quitters from rd 2's sweep last year.... but they are hardly guaranteed to be better than a handful of other contenders. just very good and having to adjust to new faces and a new coach

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

I hope Danny is already working the phones becuase it looks like the Clippers are going to get involved now.

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
    Sources close to the situation tell ESPN that Clippers have emerged as "early frontrunner" to acquire CP3 now that Lakers out of running

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers pull out of Chris Paul talks!!! : Howard won't want to go there w/o Paul, especially if LA gives up Gasol & Bynum to get him.
    Posted by Mployee8

Shaq signed with LA when Kobe was an 18 year old question mark drafted a few weeks earlier and the teams best players were Eddie Jones and Nick Van Exel...

I think Howard could live with a deal where he plays with Kobe, get to the city w/ the bright lights and worries about the rest later.

LA won't be getting just Howard back if they are dropping all 3 of Odom/Bynum/Gasol.

Maybe they will have Gasol AND Howard.

Turkoglu/Metta World Peace isn't too bad a SF duo... haha

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers pull out of Chris Paul talks!!! : I'd rather LA replace Odom and Bynum.... two guys who will give you 60 minutes, 30 points and 20 rebounds in the frontcourt... with Howard's 38 mins, 24 points and 12 rebounds and then nothing good replacing that other 22 minutes at the 4-5 then get Paul scoring 18, dishing 12, and turning the 18 ppg Bynum into the 26ppg Bynum. Either way... LA won't be better than the '09 team.... and they will be better than the team of crybaby quitters from rd 2's sweep last year.... but they are hardly guaranteed to be better than a handful of other contenders. just very good and having to adjust to new faces and a new coach
    Posted by rameakap

They are going to be missing a PF even if they get Howard and you're right about that.  They way you broke down those numbers shows overall weakness, but he's never played with a player like Kobe before.  He could hit new strides, but you make a good argument.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers pull out of Chris Paul talks!!! : That was the best deal on the table prior to the Laker/Houston intervention ... But if Danny pursues it again he should demand the extension or walk!
    Posted by Mployee8

What is the Clippers best offer?

The recently signed DeAndre Jordan (who Paul should want to stay in LA and throw dunks to), The T'Wolves unprotected #1 (obv their most prized asset if they won't include Gordon), Erci Bledsoe and Al-Farouq Aminu?

DeAndre Jordan is a worse shooter than Rondo. He is like Rondo as a center... all defense and dunjs lay Rajon is all D, passing and layups.

They even have similar contracts...4/40 Jordan, 4/46 Rondo.

I don't think Green our two 1st rd picks, Avery and even Johnson can add up to the Minnesota pick, Bledsoe and Aminu

But it would be up to Danny, using Rondo and possibly Green in sign and trades... to make the deal work.

You can always take back Ariza and save NO some $ that way. Paul gets to play with 2 of his 3 best guys of the past 2 years in West/Ariza... while replacing Okafor with KG and a bunch of crummy role players with Pierce and Ray... not too shaby

Sections
Shortcuts