Lakers pull out of Chris Paul talks!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Re: Lakers pull out of Chris Paul talks!!!

It looks to me as if the Lakers were mostly interested in obtaining Chris Paul as a means of increasing the likelihood of acquiring Dwight Howard.  As it looks more like that may not happen, the Lakers' interest seems to wane.  It could be a good thing that NBA powerhouses, including our Celtics, are not able to manipulate the system.  The NBA has been losing respectability the last number of seasons and really went backwards during the lockout, maybe it is time for a different structure, a new Commissioner and a different balance.  Parity in the NFL seems to have increased the NFL's respectability. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers pull out of Chris Paul talks!!!:
    [QUOTE]All this makes Howard to Lakers MORE probably.  Orlando can take Gasol or Bynum and lots of LA assets and then move one of them.   They can take Bynum and Gasol, move Gasol to Houston and get some other players to go with Bynum (step into New Orlean's shoes).   I see Billups to Lakers or to Miami at that point. Doesn't matter - if we got Paul and West for Rondo, JON, 2 first round Picks, and whoever else is tradeable, kept PP, Ray, Green, and KG - we can beat ANYBODY.   Just don't see New Orleans doing that deal.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I'm impressed by your optimism.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers pull out of Chris Paul talks!!!:
    [QUOTE]1) how would orlando sell their fans on "we'll trade away our best player and tank this year." 2) they just resigned jason richardson to $25 mil and are keeping rashard lewis. this is a team that is looking to stay in the hunt, not tank. 3) what does marc gasol have to do with any of this? he's a restricted free agent and memphis has said he's not going anywhere. 4)look how well the annual lottery teams have done rebuilding through the draft. NBA doesnt work that way anymore. 5) they extend bynum once they trade for him. no way he doesnt do it with his injury history, plus this is his shot to be a star.  In Response to Re: Lakers pull out of Chris Paul talks!!! :
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]

They don't have Rashard Lewis, he is on Washington!

I read on the Orlando Sentinel, many fans are already pushing DH out the door, calling him mini-Shaq- they don't want the drama.

Many think the franchise will move, anyway!