Lakers Punch Hornets in the Grill!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Lakers Punch Hornets in the Grill!!

In Response to Re: Lakers Punch Hornets in the Grill!!:
    [QUOTE]I can already see the Shaq being hurt excuse is showing its head already... 
    Posted by Aslanb0ynn[/QUOTE]

If anything, I think "fans" would blame Ainge for trading Perk and have us rely on Shaq.......either way, no excuses from me....
    so, Aslan - the better team won in 2008, right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Aslanb0ynn. Show Aslanb0ynn's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=9db3c87664865e2a06b777d116cf14b3&plckUserId=9db3c87664865e2a06b777d116cf14b3">
    First: 1/16/2010
    Last: 4/27/2011
    We need to let this thread die.  They won - the HOME team usually does in the NBA - go look it up.  No conspiracy, that's just the way it's been since the 70's.  Stern will not resign, and although he hated Red, he has nothing against the current Celtics.  He was once asked his ideal Finals and he said, "lakers vs lakers."  It's all about money, but it was not rigged.  The HOME team gets the calls in this league.  If we had the better record, we'd be responding to lakers trolls on a thread with the same title.
    "Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

This sound like an excuse to me... iono bro... but yes the better team won in 2008 Celts deserved it in 2008 and nothing can be said or be taken away from them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Aslanb0ynn. Show Aslanb0ynn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Punch Hornets in the Grill!! : If anything, I think "fans" would blame Ainge for trading Perk and have us rely on Shaq.......either way, no excuses from me.... so, Aslan - the better team won in 2008, right?
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

True...  Ainge shouldn't have traded Perk... i know all the stories about he didn't want to come back or test the market or whatever but they still should have kept him.  IMO...  And that brought up another point that is the reason why i gave props to Rico because he seems to be a Cs Fan but look on both side of the coin and wouldn't throw his players under a bus...  Alot of "fans" on this board throw your own players under a bus MULTIPLE times...  i'm talking about Rondo...  Ray... PERK... and even KG...   That irked me and when Perk was traded then all of a sudden he became this horrible, "we don't need him" type of player or a "liability" on the C's roster but just 9 months ago if he was in the line up for game 7 the "4 point" deficit would have been a victory for the Cs...  That's all i'm saying...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=9db3c87664865e2a06b777d116cf14b3&plckUserId=9db3c87664865e2a06b777d116cf14b3 " /> www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=9db3c87664865e2a06b777d116cf14b3&plckUserId=9db3c87664865e2a06b777d116cf14b3 " target="_parent"> hedleylamarr Posts: 2966 First: 1/16/2010 Last: 4/27/2011 We need to let this thread die.  They won - the HOME team usually does in the NBA - go look it up.  No conspiracy, that's just the way it's been since the 70's.  Stern will not resign, and although he hated Red, he has nothing against the current Celtics.  He was once asked his ideal Finals and he said, "lakers vs lakers."  It's all about money, but it was not rigged.  The HOME team gets the calls in this league.  If we had the better record, we'd be responding to lakers trolls on a thread with the same title. "Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell "You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach "My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr This sound like an excuse to me... iono bro... but yes the better team won in 2008 Celts deserved it in 2008 and nothing can be said or be taken away from them.

How is that an excuse?   If anything, it proves exactly what I told RicoTroll!! Thanks for stalking my posts from months ago.  The better team will win this year, the better team always does.

Good luck to the lakers, but I hope they lose!!  Honest enough for ya?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Aslanb0ynn. Show Aslanb0ynn's posts

Hedley... you told us to look for a post that was an excuse from you from that thread and i did just that and now I'm stalking you?  The best team will be there at the end i agree.  I don't wish the Cs would lose until the final...  As i had stated before I rather see the Heat burned in hell than the Celts be humiliated...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Punch Hornets in the Grill!! : I would agree....but they don't debate, they merely contradict, insult, and then you get McNuggeted which means you just deny everything you said and make stuff up.  I'd rather deal with Q than McNug any day, but he doesn't debate, just says lakers are better and expects you to agree!
    What in the world are you referring to? If you insist on personal insults, at least back them up. I don't recall ever "denying" anything I've said, and most definitely never "making stuff up." And as for "not debating but expecting you to agree," where exactly do you get that from?

There's a whole lot of attacking going on in that post of yours - can you back any of it up? 

No, you can't. Because you are making it up as you go. But that is what is to be expected of you, I guess. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Punch Hornets in the Grill!! : Not from me and I defy you to find ONE post where I 've made excuses.  You are even worse, your team WON, and it wasn't good enough....."if Bynum had been at fuill strength, it would have been over in 5."   Pure speculation, and irrelevance...nice job!!

I didn't say you made any excuses and it is the pure speculation and irrelevance that had the Cs winning had Perk not gotten hurt and had the refs and Stern not had it in for the Cs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Hedley... you told us to look for a post that was an excuse from you from that thread and i did just that and now I'm stalking you?  The best team will be there at the end i agree.  I don't wish the Cs would lose until the final...  As i had stated before I rather see the Heat burned in hell than the Celts be humiliated...
    Posted by Aslanb0ynn

Two things:
    1.  Rico is NOT a Celtics fan
    2.  My post is NOT an excuse - it tells people to get over it - don't know how you can interpret it any other way.  I said "find a post where I make an excuse why we lost to the lakers last year."  You can't, because there isn't one!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Aslanb0ynn. Show Aslanb0ynn's posts

Stern hated Red...  Stern ideal "lakers vs lakers"...  This is about Money...  Home team get all the call...  Those are excuses bud...  Iono what is your definition of "excuse" is?  But to me those are excuses...  Plus Not all home team suppose to win the series ala bulls '97? Celts '68? Piston '04?  Heat '06?...  and the list goes on...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Aslanb0ynn. Show Aslanb0ynn's posts

Sorry... '69 not '68

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Stern hated Red...  Stern ideal "lakers vs lakers"...  This is about Money...  Home team get all the call...  Those are excuses bud...  Iono what is your definition of "excuse" is?  But to me those are excuses...  Plus Not all home team suppose to win the series ala bulls '97? Celts '68? Piston '04?  Heat '06?...  and the list goes on...

NO, they aren't.  Stern DID hate Ted, and he DID say his ideal Finals was lakers vs lakers.  If I were you, I would just acknowledge that I did not make any excuses last year when we lost.  The lakers were better, that's why they won.  I would just leave it at that......and don't call me bud!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Your silence speaks volumes, hedley. Now stop with the personal attacks and fiction and stick with reality, eh?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Aslanb0ynn. Show Aslanb0ynn's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers Punch Hornets in the Grill!! : My apologies if I appear to be "boiling".  I am not.  Just overly defensive of lakers trolls like Celtic Rico and McNug (who is dead to me).  I was accused, not by you, of making excuses on a thread.  I don't make excuses, and most people who post on here know that........what I wrote had nothing to do with the lakers beating the Celtics last year - it was a rant about Stern, who I think is a corrupt weasel.  When Reggie Lewis DIED we were not given salary cap relief.  Yao gets injured for the year, and HOU can take an exception.  Tell me how that is fair (that is whininig, and I know that - nothing to do with the Finals last year).  I would also APPRECIATE it very much if you would not call me bud - sounds too much like a Charlie Sheen character for my taste!! lakers won last year, can't you be happy with that - geez!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Totally understandable...  That's all you gotta say and i respect your POV...  And with Stern i really don't know how it works with the whole cap relief and the exception and stuffs and i guess if i know a bit better i will be in complete agreement with you. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]HMMMMMMM... Re: Tainted Championship posted at 6/21/2010 12:12 PM EDT   www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=9db3c87664865e2a06b777d116cf14b3&plckUserId=9db3c87664865e2a06b777d116cf14b3 " /> hedleylamarr Posts: 2969 First: 1/16/2010 Last: 4/27/2011 As I have stated previously, I don't think there is a conspiracy.  However, the TREND since the 1970's has been this: In the NBA, more than any other league, the home team usually wins close games. The reasons for this could be varied.  Officials control the games, they are intimidated by the home crowd, there's so many calls they get to pick and choose.  I was very concerned before the playoffs started that NOT having home court would come back and bite the Celtics. And it did. NOT saying it's rigged, or the refs gave the lakers the game, I'm just saying that over a long period of time, since the 70's, the home team in the NBA has won, like, 70% of the games.  Largest disparity in all of sports. Makes me angry that we gave away so many games to the Clips, Nets, Knicks et al of the world.......think there were EIGHT games we could have won?  That would give us a better record than LA. I also know, living out here, that LA fans were actually rooting for the Celtics to win because it was the only way they would have home court in the Finals. I do not know what is THERE, but I do know there is SOMETHING there!! "Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell "You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach "My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

Again, show me in there where I make an excuse for us losing to the lakers in the Finals last year........it's the same thing Aslan typed....see, NO excuses - we LOST last year and the year before....you said I made excuses for losing in that thread......not seeing it yet!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In Response to Lakers Punch Hornets in the Grill!!:
    [QUOTE]I have been watching this series very closely and man I thought the Hornets had this game. The only teams that worry me in this order are #1 Lakers   2 Bulls   3 Heat They all have home court against us. It seems to me the Lakers will be coming out of the West and if we get past the Heat and the Bulls we are DOOMED. After we all used the "If Perk didn't get injured we would win" Excuse I guess we can't go away from it. I refuse to fix the Excuse. We don't have Perk (thaaaaaaank Youuuuuu Dannyyyyyyy) and I don't see us beating the Lakers without home court and without Perk (again Thaaaaaaank youuuuuu Daaaaannyyyyyy) I will NOT fix the excuse. No Perk No Ring. Thaaaaaank Youuuuuuu Daaaaannyyyyy...
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE] Im sure you watch all the laker series very closely!! wink wink

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]What did you mean by this Hayley: "I DO KNOW THERE IS SOMETHING THERE" Go ahead invent another one of those great excuses. Just saying.

Do you know anyhting about basketball. It doesn't look like it but i thought I'd ask.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]and a basket, how about you????

I know more than that. for instance, I know the Bulls and Heat are far scarier than the Lakers, who are struggling and have been beaten on their home floor by a 7th seed missing its second best player. pathetic. I really hope the Lkers can make it to the finals because I'd love to get banner 18 on them the same way we have gotten most of our banners, but I don't think they can get by the Thunder.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]What did you mean by this Hayley: "I DO KNOW THERE IS SOMETHING THERE" Go ahead invent another one of those great excuses. Just saying.

WHOLE QUOTE:  "I do not know what is there, but I do know there is something there." 
    Translation for the feeble minded - I think Stern is a corrupt little weasel who hates the Celtics becuase of Red!

So glad I could help you!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Really, does anyone see us beating the Lakers?????? 1 No home court advantage (we all know how it worked out last season don't we) 2 Andrew Bynum is playing way better than last season. 3 Lamar Odom has been playing the best ball in his career. (sixth man of the year to prove it, sorry fierce 34 you said it would be Baby, WRONG AGAIN what's new??) 4 Steve Blake and Barnes are an upgrade to Sasha and Farmar (hate to say it but Lakers got better) 5 Ainge took a first place team (thaaaaank youuuuuu Daaaaannyyyy) before the trade and made them a 3rd place team) 5 No Perkins = no ring 6 Who will guard Kobe??? (No Tony Allen, Thaaaaaank youuuuuuuu Daaaaannyyyyy) Who will guard Bynum??? (Kristic????? Baby?????? JerLame???? 7 Pau in the Gasol owns KG (check out the #s they don't lie) http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=310210002 8 Kobe will take Rondo out of the game and won't be a factor (as always) 9 Ron Artest is playing great and we know who hurt us last Finals it wasn't Kobe it was Artest and we know he puts the hammer on Pierce all game long. By  the way, Wasn't that we lost the finals because we didn't have Perk???? Breaking news Danny traded Perk to OKC (thaaaaaaank Youuuuuu Daaaaannyyyyyy). What do we do????? change the excuse?????? To many ????????????????????????????? for me. All that if we get past the Heat  and the Bulls. Thibbs knows all of our weaknesses and made the Bulls best defensive team in the league. Just saying...

Rico, I couldn't have said it any better.

Sections
Shortcuts