Lakers Receives 20th PUNCH in South Beach!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Lakers Receives 20th PUNCH in South Beach!!!

HAHAHA!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Lakers Receives 20th PUNCH in South Beach!!!

I can hear it now!

Heat punch Lakers in the grill!!!

HAHAHA!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I was surprised that the Lakers lost to Miami again. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers Receives 20th PUNCH in South Beach!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Receives 20th PUNCH in South Beach!!! : I don't think those trolls will be reading your insightful comments tonite.  They have gone the way of all trolls when their team loses.  Far far away from the boston.com board.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA!!!

Truth hurts?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

It's a shame 98% of the trolls only show up to talk smack.  This years playoffs is really going to be something.  There are a lot of teams in the running, both East and West.  Too bad as far as trolls go, intelligent conversation is an endangered species.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Unbelievable, not one troll talking smack tonight.  They were all over the board this morning.  I wonder if they are crying?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Does any here troll the L.A. board???

Might be fun to group blitz their forum...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Why is anyone surprised the Lakers lost? I'm not a Heat fan by NO MEANS, but they're one of the best defensive teams in the league.

They play good team defense...like we do when we're not riddled with injuries.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Does any here troll the L.A. board??? Might be fun to group blitz their forum...
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]

I like that Idea.  We should all do that right after one of their losses and then go away. HAHAHAHAH

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Gasol, Bynum, and Odom versus Ilgauskas, Dampier, and Bosh and the Lakers couldn't even win a single game against Miami this season? 

Don't tell me Dampier, Joel Anthony, Juwan Howard, and Ilgauskas are better than Krstic, Shaq, Big Baby, JO, and Murphy?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Anyone watching the Knicks-Mavs game?? Knicks are getting smacked around right now.. 47-28

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Thank you all for this very funny thread.  I do think Lakers trolls strutting their stuff always brings good things to us.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Thank you all for this very funny thread.  I do think Lakers trolls strutting their stuff always brings good things to us.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

BINGO!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from triple3threat. Show triple3threat's posts

pretty sure you dont mean shaq, krstic, baby, JO and murphy. its highly doubtful JO plays again this year, and shaq will be very limited.....and i would say all hopes are gone that rasheed is coming back now right? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

Some  posters  predicted  before  last  night's  game  that  the  refs  would  make  calls  in  favor  of  Miami  late  in  the  game.  I  dislike  the  Lakers  as  much  as  anyone,  but  last  night  there  were  about  five  calls  involving  KOME  at  the  end.  Realistically, if  the  game  was  being  played  at  Staples, those  plays  would  have  been  called  "fouls"  against  the  Heat.  Also, the  goal  tending  play  would  have  been  called.  The  Heat's  problems  of  closing  close  games  has  not  been  solved.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Some  posters  predicted  before  last  night's  game  that  the  refs  would  make  calls  in  favor  of  Miami  late  in  the  game.  I  dislike  the  Lakers  as  much  as  anyone,  but  last  night  there  were  about  five  calls  involving  KOME  at  the  end.  Realistically, if  the  game  was  being  played  at  Staples, those  plays  would  have  been  called  "fouls"  against  the  Heat.  Also, the  goal  tending  play  would  have  been  called.  The  Heat's  problems  of  closing  close  games  has  not  been  solved.
    Posted by zeitgeist49[/QUOTE]

The game was tied, Wade stole the from Kobe and Kobe's was response was an ill-advised 3pt shot. In other words Kobe tried to be the hero again. I don't think the refs have any control on what Kobe would do. Even Phil Jackson said he was surprised that Kobe took that shot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Receives 20th PUNCH in South Beach!!! : Why are you surprised? Qdaddy showed up. victorlee1234 showed up. lalakerman showed up. All the trolls from Moronsville showed up. No way were the Lakers going to win in Miami! The only time something good happens to the Lakers is when those trolls don't show up. Before the Lakers beat the Spurs a few days ago, no troll was talking smack here. And the result was a Laker win. Last night those same trolls were so happy when the Celts lost to the Clips. Where are they now?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    Again, P34 - don't think it is forgotten how you disappeared from this board like clockwork in last years' finals whenever the Celtics lost a game to the Lakers. I understand people being called out, but you may not be the ideal guy to be doing it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

No worries. The game could have gone any way at the end, and I have zero doubts the Lakers will come out on top should they meet again. It was a classic no-win game for the Lakers - even had they won, they would have been credited with beating a "deflated and reeling" Miami Heat.

Now hopefully they can re-focus on the D and take out the Mavs Saturday.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Some  posters  predicted  before  last  night's  game  that  the  refs  would  make  calls  in  favor  of  Miami  late  in  the  game.  I  dislike  the  Lakers  as  much  as  anyone,  but  last  night  there  were  about  five  calls  involving  KOME  at  the  end.  Realistically, if  the  game  was  being  played  at  Staples, those  plays  would  have  been  called  "fouls"  against  the  Heat.  Also, the  goal  tending  play  would  have  been  called.  The  Heat's  problems  of  closing  close  games  has  not  been  solved.
    Posted by zeitgeist49[/QUOTE]

Yes, I was one of those who said a close game would be won by the Heat - hearken back to the travel on Gasol in Game 7 last year, and you will hear me yelling what I have been yelling for years - It's the NBA, and the Home Team usually wins (70% of the time actually).  Another reason we need to have HCA over the lakers this year......NO WAY they win a Game 7 in Boston!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]No worries. The game could have gone any way at the end, and I have zero doubts the Lakers will come out on top should they meet again. It was a classic no-win game for the Lakers - even had they won, they would have been credited with beating a "deflated and reeling" Miami Heat. Now hopefully they can re-focus on the D and take out the Mavs Saturday.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

And another nice spin Flobus.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Receives 20th PUNCH in South Beach!!! : And another nice spin Flobus.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    Spin? So what is your take - that the Lakers' loss to Miami speaks volumes but the Celtics' loss to the Clips does not?

I saw nothing in that game to cause great concern to Lakers fans. Just the honest truth.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Receives 20th PUNCH in South Beach!!! : Spin? So what is your take - that the Lakers' loss to Miami speaks volumes but the Celtics' loss to the Clips does not? I saw nothing in that game to cause great concern to Lakers fans. Just the honest truth.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

As opposed to the "dishonest truth?"

Celtics loss to Clips shows a couple of things:
    we cannot take anyone lightly
    we will have problems with young, hungry, athletic teams - like the Bulls.

The lakers have beaten very few quality teams this year, and thier loss to MIA showed me two things as well:
    they will have a much harder time in the playoffs this year
    their fans will continue to insist all is well, despite us all knowing "the honest truth."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Aslanb0ynn. Show Aslanb0ynn's posts

[QUOTE]Unbelievable, not one troll talking smack tonight.  They were all over the board this morning.  I wonder if they are crying?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

No one is crying... I specifically said that the HEAT would won look at the older post... 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Receives 20th PUNCH in South Beach!!! : As opposed to the "dishonest truth?" 
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    Its called an idiom. Look it up, professor.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

http://www.idiomsite.com/

http://grammar.about.com/od/il/g/idiomterm.htm

I did - because I'm a math teacher, not English - a collection of two or more words that means something other than the literal meaning of its individual words.  An example is - if we play our cards right!

Honest and truth have the SAME meaning, so it is NOT an idiom.  Thanks for playing!

Sections
Shortcuts