Lakers squeek by Rockets in Overtime - odd stat!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Lakers squeek by Rockets in Overtime - odd stat!!!

Kevin Martin was the only Rocket that got to the free throw line.  There is no way that can happen.  I guess the league wanted the Lakers to win a game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: Lakers squeek by Rockets in Overtime - odd stat!!!

These days, I'm starting the watch the Spurs box scores more than the Lakers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers squeek by Rockets in Overtime - odd stat!!!:
    Posted by breaktime

I saw the score so I watche the last 11 seconds and overtime.  The Spurs got beat by the Blazers tonight.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Why does this even matter on a Celtics board?????  I can atleast see the Heat or Magic since they are in our conference...Whats with the fetish of the FAKERS?????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Why does this even matter on a Celtics board?????  I can atleast see the Heat or Magic since they are in our conference...Whats with the fetish of the FAKERS?????
    Posted by jdm894g

It was more about one man getting to the free throw line than about the Lakers.  How many times have you seen that happen?  Not many I bet.  Of course it would be against the Lakers if it happened.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Remember when Leon Powe shot more Free Throws than the ENTIRE Lakers team? 

Remember that?  It was in the Finals as well.  Guess the NBA and Stern are all about having the Celtics be a meaningful franchise. 

Guys, this kind of talk is paranoid.  Stop looking for conspiracies and just enjoy the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Remember when Leon Powe shot more Free Throws than the ENTIRE Lakers team?  Remember that?  It was in the Finals as well.  Guess the NBA and Stern are all about having the Celtics be a meaningful franchise.  Guys, this kind of talk is paranoid.  Stop looking for conspiracies and just enjoy the game.
    Posted by jofc

I didn't say anything about a conspiracy.  I stated a mere fact.  How many times does that happen.  I also remember the after the game Phil whining about the officiating. Funny thing happened next,  Kobe shoots 18 free throw the next game to our 22.  Lakers shoot 12 more free throws. So your think there is a conspiracy for the C's?  I don't think Stern gives a rats a $$  about the C's.  You need to quit looking for conspiracies.  You did say Stern was looking out for us right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

No, OneOnOne, I'm saying that anyone can say that the NBA is against their team by pointing to specific box scores, FTAs, etc.. 

But it's a common pattern here.  How the NBA is against the Celtics and for the Lakers.  But you guys ignore reality and logic. 

You'll piont out EVERY game where LA gets more free throws, but ignore every game where they don't.  You'll point out EVERY time a foul is erroneously called against the Celtics, but ignore EVERY time a fould is called  erroneously in favor of the Celtics.

Now, I understand fans will do this, and I have no problem with it.  I think it's absurd when they take it to the next level and whine about how the Celtics, the #1 team in the NBA for championships, are being plotted against by the NBA. 

You guys sound like a spoiled child who gets all the attention but still cries for more. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

No, OneOnOne, I'm saying that anyone can say that the NBA is against their team by pointing to specific box scores, FTAs, etc..  But it's a common pattern here.  How the NBA is against the Celtics and for the Lakers.  But you guys ignore reality and logic.  You'll piont out EVERY game where LA gets more free throws, but ignore every game where they don't.  You'll point out EVERY time a foul is erroneously called against the Celtics, but ignore EVERY time a fould is called  erroneously in favor of the Celtics. Now, I understand fans will do this, and I have no problem with it.  I think it's absurd when they take it to the next level and whine about how the Celtics, the #1 team in the NBA for championships, are being plotted against by the NBA.  You guys sound like a spoiled child who gets all the attention but still cries for more. 

How many games has the other team shot more free throws than the Lakers, Just curious. I bet not that many.  Don't act like it is just the Celtics that complain about this stuff either.  I visited just to read the game on at a Laker website the other day.  Its no different there than it is here.  There was plenty of crying going on there as well.  They sounded like a spoiled child as well.  But you know what?  I didn't start posting on a Laker website telling them that they acted like children by their posts.  I expected it.  Its normal for fans of their teams to do that. It is NOT any different for you team.  Only difference is you (a Laker) comes here and post on a Celtic website and act like we are the bad guys.  Go figure.
    Posted by jofc

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

You're definitely right about it being no different.  There are meatheads there and meatheads here. 

I'm not a Laker by the way.  If I were I'd probably be on the bench the whole game. 

And yeah, I come here and mix it up from time to time.  Get over it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

You're definitely right about it being no different.  There are meatheads there and meatheads here.  I'm not a Laker by the way.  If I were I'd probably be on the bench the whole game.  And yeah, I come here and mix it up from time to time.  Get over it.
    Posted by jofc

Well stick around then.  I am layed up from work, have all the time in the world so I am sure I can wear you down.  Your not a Laker huh?  Well who are you then?

Well I am not a Bostonian either, only a Celtic fan.

Lets get it on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

First, sorry to hear you're not working.  Yeah we back different teams but I don't wish misfortune on anyone.  Hopefully things will turn around.

I actually am a bostonian, both my parents grew up here and are huge celtics fans, but i was born and raised in SoCal so I have to back my hometeam. 

And honestly I just get tired of Lakers AND Celtics fans who can't give the other team the respect they're due.  They're the two best franchises in bball, so to hear anyone think their accomplishments are tainted just seems like sour grapes. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Now you didn't answer the question. You said your not a Laker, so who do you pull for?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I agree it's an odd stat.  Not quite willing to say the league wanted the lakers to win.  Rockets, without Yao, are an outside shooting team.  koME is going to get to the line a lot.  (Durant leads the league in FTA, btw!).  I WILL say this:

the game was IN LA, right?  Well, I would be willing to bet that doesn't happen in Houston.............................but that's all I'll say!

NBA - where -  since the 70's the Home Team has won over 70% of the time -amazing happens!! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

I visited just to read the game on at a Laker website the other day. 
    Posted by OneOnOne

Weren't you self-righteously pronouncing just yesterday that you would never visit a Laker site?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Posted by breaktime

The Spurs are on a road trip for a couple of weeks.  They will probably lose a few games during this stretch.   Although, they have been an impressive team this season. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBhoys. Show TheBhoys's posts

Now you didn't answer the question. You said your not a Laker, so who do you pull for?
    Posted by OneOnOne

He is not a LAKER. He is a Lakers FAN!!!

Just like you said it yourself, you are a Celtics fan. A fan (paying customer) only, no position on the team or the organization. Just like I am a paying customer of McDonalds or Microsoft doesn't mean I have an official capacity with the company.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Weren't you self-righteously pronouncing just yesterday that you would never visit a Laker site?
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget

No mister know it all I think I probably said I would never post on one. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers squeek by Rockets in Overtime - odd stat!!! : He is not a LAKER. He is a Lakers FAN!!! Just like you said it yourself, you are a Celtics fan. A fan (paying customer) only, no position on the team or the organization. Just like I am a paying customer of McDonalds or Microsoft doesn't mean I have an official capacity with the company.
    Posted by TheBhoys

Wow

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers squeek by Rockets in Overtime - odd stat!!! : Wow
    Posted by OneOnOne

Exactly!!

Sections
Shortcuts