Lakers the least penalized team in the league

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Lakers the least penalized team in the league

No surprise the Lakers are again the least penalized team in the league. I heard it on the Michael Holly show.  Tonight's game in Atlanta was unbelievably one sided in favor of the Hawks. The Celtics never got a whistle on the offensive end and any time the Celtics even breathed on a Hawk the whistle blew. We all know what happened in game seven.  I wonder how it is in a second game of a back to back a veteran team gets jobbed by the refs almost as a rule.

This league has serious ethical issues that undermine the game.  I mean everyone knows the officials do not accurately call the game.  But it seems there are nights like tonight when the game is literally decided by the whims of refs. It is outrageous.

Anyone who want specifics on calls I can list them. There are that many.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Re: Lakers the least penalized team in the league

It's probably cause their reputation precedes them.

KG is seen as a thug!

Big Baby is kinda clumsy, so he probably deserves all the calls against him.

Pierce tends to "whine" at the refs, so you know they're gonna go after him.

The Lakers only play physical when they have to. That's usually against the C's. Of course, most of you guys (and gals) always cry when the calls don't go your way (which is about 90% of the time).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In Response to Lakers the least penalized team in the league:
    No surprise the Lakers are again the least penalized team in the league. I heard it on the Michael Holly show.  Tonight's game in Atlanta was unbelievably one sided in favor of the Hawks. The Celtics never got a whistle on the offensive end and any time the Celtics even breathed on a Hawk the whistle blew. We all know what happened in game seven.  I wonder how it is in a second game of a back to back a veteran team gets jobbed by the refs almost as a rule. This league has serious ethical issues that undermine the game.  I mean everyone knows the officials do not accurately call the game.  But it seems there are nights like tonight when the game is literally decided by the whims of refs. It is outrageous. Anyone who want specifics on calls I can list them. There are that many.
    Posted by concord27

I agree with you 100%.  Political league and self-important zebras are a bad combination.  You know, it was like this in last week's Pacers game.  My NBA League Pass gave me the Pacers announcers and even THEY were blown away by many of the calls and no-calls that went their way.

Oh, and is it just me or was that game against the SPURS the only one where it didn't feel like we were getting screwed by the refs these past 2 weeks?  Just saying...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Talking about whining have you ever Kome play?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers the least penalized team in the league:
    Posted by OneOnOne

Yes, and whenever a call doesn't go his way he pouts or whines or argues.

I will never forget the smirk on his face when he charged Sheed in last year's game 7, knowing he'd get the call and Sheed would foul out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Kobe is the biggest crybaby in the history of basketball.  His coach is the biggest crybaby in the history of coaches.  Their fans there are the least knowledgeable in the NBA. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Lakers the least penalized team in the league : I agree with you 100%.  Political league and self-important zebras are a bad combination.  You know, it was like this in last week's Pacers game.  My NBA League Pass gave me the Pacers announcers and even THEY were blown away by many of the calls and no-calls that went their way. Oh, and is it just me or was that game against the SPURS the only one where it didn't feel like we were getting screwed by the refs these past 2 weeks?  Just saying...  
    Posted by MsLithium21

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Lakers the least penalized team in the league : I agree with you 100%.  Political league and self-important zebras are a bad combination.  You know, it was like this in last week's Pacers game.  My NBA League Pass gave me the Pacers announcers and even THEY were blown away by many of the calls and no-calls that went their way. Oh, and is it just me or was that game against the SPURS the only one where it didn't feel like we were getting screwed by the refs these past 2 weeks?  Just saying...  
    Posted by MsLithium21

I had the pacer announcers also.  Quinn Buckner is as big a homer as Tommy H is and he said the Pacers were getting unbelievable calls in their favor.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Posted by OneOnOne

Touche. I won't even try to argue that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers the least penalized team in the league : I had the pacer announcers also.  Quinn Buckner is as big a homer as Tommy H is and he said the Pacers were getting unbelievable calls in their favor.
    Posted by OneOnOne

Wow.  I didn't even know that about Buckner. 

That has got to affect the players, game after game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers the least penalized team in the league : Wow.  I didn't even know that about Buckner.  That has got to affect the players, game after game.
    Posted by MsLithium21

You must have never heard him before this game. LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Nope, hadn't had the pleasure yet.  I just got League Pass a couple months ago...  :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Tommy Heinsohn, the complete idiot that he is, has apparently brainwashed a few other bostonians. Poor souls. Cool

Go ahead and keep blaming the refs, when the rest of the world knows that your players just are not that good. Tongue out

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Tommy Heinsohn, the complete idiot that he is, has apparently brainwashed a few other bostonians. Poor souls. Go ahead and keep blaming the refs, when the rest of the world knows that your players just are not that good.
    Posted by Tayshawn

Excellent post!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

I would agree that there is no consistency with the refs. Some games they are calling ticky-tacks on 1 or both teams. And some days they are allowing 1 team to rape the other. That problem is the league's. They need to more effectively train the refs to assure greater accountability and transparency.

Kobe complains because he's constantly being held and hit with no calls. Most inferior teams have to play dirty to win by holding and pushing.  But the call that rarely ever is--travelling violations.

You Boston fans want to accuse Kobe of whining, you must be blind to the antics of KG and Pierce. In fact, there is a lot of whining that the Boston players exhibit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

Kobe is the biggest crybaby in the history of basketball.  His coach is the biggest crybaby in the history of coaches.  Their fans there are the least knowledgeable in the NBA. 
    Posted by concord27

Tell me how you really feel, sore loser.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

Yes, the NBA, the refs, and the rest of America are conspiring to keep #18 from being hoisted in Boston.  What a pathetic group of whining and crying Celtics fans who can't accept that their team is simply not good enough.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Look, I am noooo fan of Kobe's, but I can imagine he gets a LOT of cheap shots from inferior players - and that must be frustrating as hell.  I know how it is because our Big 3 gets it too.

Pierce, and Garnett in particular - as well as whatever center's healthy enough to play on any given night - get hacked, pushed, shoved and held all the time.  Yet game after game they're the same ones who get little bump fouls called on them.  Garnett and Krstic have been neutralized lately because of getting multiple such fouls called on them early in games.  What you describe as "antics" from Pierce and Garnett are no worse than Kobe's "complaining."  I see a sense of entitlement in Kobe about wanting to get every 50/50 call... but then again I'm a Celtics fan and you probably see the same thing in some of our guys.  We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.

I do agree with you about the urgent need for accountability among the refs.  The league has GOT to address this. 

But the numbers are what they are, and I have a very hard time believing the Lakers are these peace-loving no-fouling purists while the Celtics are the next generation of Bad Boys.  Lately when we play, even the opposing teams' announcers are floored by the unevenness of the calls going against the Celtics and for their own team. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Look, I am noooo fan of Kobe's, but I can imagine he gets a LOT of cheap shots from inferior players - and that must be frustrating as hell.  I know how it is because our Big 3 gets it too. Pierce, and Garnett in particular - as well as whatever center's healthy enough to play on any given night - get hacked, pushed, shoved and held all the time.  Yet game after game they're the same ones who get little bump fouls called on them.  Garnett and Krstic have been neutralized lately because of getting multiple such fouls called on them early in games.  What you describe as "antics" from Pierce and Garnett are no worse than Kobe's "complaining."  I see a sense of entitlement in Kobe about wanting to get every 50/50 call... but then again I'm a Celtics fan and you probably see the same thing in some of our guys.  We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one. I do agree with you about the urgent need for accountability among the refs.  The league has GOT to address this.  But the numbers are what they are, and I have a very hard time believing the Lakers are these peace-loving no-fouling purists while the Celtics are the next generation of Bad Boys.  Lately when we play, even the opposing teams' announcers are floored by the unevenness of the calls going against the Celtics and for their own team. 
    Posted by MsLithium21

Cry me a river!

Sections
Shortcuts