Lakers Trying to Pull of A Coup

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Lakers Trying to Pull of A Coup

...so I guess what you're saying is that they get rid of Gasol and Bynum....and add Howard and Williams....I'm not sure that they are that much better...point guard yes....but a one for two swap of big men....?   ....remember, DH has not made his team better over the last 5 years....he keeps sayng he needs help...he and Williams (with a fading Kobe) and no bench wins how many games.....?  ...don't think so...but again...that's just me...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Lakers Trying to Pull of A Coup:
    [QUOTE]What the Lakers are trying to do is dangerous for the rest of the NBA.  They're saying that they want Pierce. I think what they really want is Ray Allen. Ray and JO for Gasol. Why? Both Ray and JO have expiring contracts. By doing this trade the Lakers would be able to sign Dwight Howard in the summer.  We also know the Lakers desperately need a PG. This can be done by not picking up the option on Andrew Bynum's contract for next year. Enter Deron Williams. You see what they're trying to do? By getting rid of Pau Gasol's contract and declining Bynum's option, the Lakers, Dwight, and Deron all get what they want. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Where do you come up with stuff?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Even without Bynum, Gasol and World Peace LA can't afford 2 max contracts.
    LA would have to not pick up Bynum's contract before free agency begins.
    What happens if Dwight doesn't want to sign with them?
    You have some imagination...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Why are you changing your story?
    You said that LA could not pick up Bynum's option.
    You never said LA would trade him.
    Who is going to accept Walton?
    What you said in your first post is a complete fantasy.
    You sound paranoid.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

So what?

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Sounds like you're coming around to my way of thinking. If we can pull it off, I think Gasol would help on the glass and might attract more FA's. Lakers get expiring contracts, some length in JON, and a legit 3 pt threat to spread the court for Kobe.

Re: Lakers Trying to Trade for Paul Pierce

posted at 1/19/2012 9:17 PM EST
    First: 7/10/2006
    Last: 1/23/2012
    Lakers are last in 3 pt FG percentage, so much rather trade Ray & JON for Gasol's 16 pts & 10 rebs a game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

This post is ridiculous. Mitch Kupchek is too stupid to even contemplate such a move. Mitch simply reacts. He doesn't plan. Gasol fell into the Lakers' hand. It was not something that was carefully maneuvered.

Just look at the Laker track record? For Shaq, the Lakers got squat from Miami. They traded Caron Butler for Kwame Brown. They kept Odom & let Ariza go. & they got rid of young players for dinosaurs. You people think Ainge is bad. Mitch is worse.

Some posters are too paranoid. Besides, Stern doesn't want the Lakers to get too good. He stopped the Paul trade on its tracks. The Commish would stop any such shennanigans.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers Trying to Pull of A Coup:
    [QUOTE]This post is ridiculous. Mitch Kupchek is too stupid to even contemplate such a move. Mitch simply reacts. He doesn't plan. Gasol fell into the Lakers' hand. It was not something that was carefully maneuvered. Just look at the Laker track record? For Shaq, the Lakers got squat from Miami. They traded Caron Butler for Kwame Brown. They kept Odom & let Ariza go. & they got rid of young players for dinosaurs. You people think Ainge is bad. Mitch is worse. Some posters are too paranoid. Besides, Stern doesn't want the Lakers to get too good. He stopped the Paul trade on its tracks. The Commish would stop any such shennanigans.
    Posted by LakerFan67[/QUOTE]

Conspiracy theory. 

LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

The Celtics would want to rebuild. Why would they want Pau Gasol?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In Response to Lakers Trying to Pull of A Coup:
    [QUOTE]What the Lakers are trying to do is dangerous for the rest of the NBA.  They're saying that they want Pierce. I think what they really want is Ray Allen. Ray and JO for Gasol. Why? Both Ray and JO have expiring contracts. By doing this trade the Lakers would be able to sign Dwight Howard in the summer.  We also know the Lakers desperately need a PG. This can be done by not picking up the option on Andrew Bynum's contract for next year. Enter Deron Williams. You see what they're trying to do? By getting rid of Pau Gasol's contract and declining Bynum's option, the Lakers, Dwight, and Deron all get what they want. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Sounds plausible. I would do the deal. Anything to get JO out of town. We could still keep our venerable Cap'n...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers Trying to Pull of A Coup:
    [QUOTE]   The Celtics would want to rebuild. Why would they want Pau Gasol?
    Posted by jerh5[/QUOTE]
    which other top big man are we going to get? We'll have picks but none high enough to get a good center.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Crazy speculation.  Still craziness is afoot along with desperation from the league's most important franchises.  I don't think Fierce has it right, but something very big could happen.  Look at how bad your Lakers are trolls. Bynum, Kobe, and Gasol are so great you guys are getting rolled by the Pacers at home.  

The Clipper rule in Los Angeles.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Ray or JON are not going to help the Lakers win this season.  

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

I have never seen anything that would suggest KG would sign for the vet minimum. He might be had for 4-5 million which would be good and we could bring him off the bench.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts