Lakers Trying to Pull of A Coup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Lakers Trying to Pull of A Coup

In Response to Lakers Trying to Pull of A Coup:
    [QUOTE]What the Lakers are trying to do is dangerous for the rest of the NBA.  They're saying that they want Pierce. I think what they really want is Ray Allen. Ray and JO for Gasol. Why? Both Ray and JO have expiring contracts. By doing this trade the Lakers would be able to sign Dwight Howard in the summer.  We also know the Lakers desperately need a PG. This can be done by not picking up the option on Andrew Bynum's contract for next year. Enter Deron Williams. You see what they're trying to do? By getting rid of Pau Gasol's contract and declining Bynum's option, the Lakers, Dwight, and Deron all get what they want. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]  IF I WAS DANNY, I WOULD DO IT IN A "HEART BEAT" !!!!!  WE NEED TO GET YOUNGER, FASTER, BIGGER,  SOOOOONER, RATHER THAN LATER........ EVERYONE IS ON THE TABLE !!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

There is nothing yet that supports the Lakers going after Ray and JON.  If it happens it would require a huge adjustment for us this season.  I can see the benefits as Ray is useless when on the floor despite his three capabilities, but don't see the Lakers are in this mindset yet.  I hope they are suffering and panicking however.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Lakers Trying to Pull of A Coup:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Trying to Pull of A Coup : But it will allow the Lakers to sign DH in the offseason.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

You may be right.  Why would the Celtics trade both of them to the Lakers knowing it will help them to sign Howard?  I hope that it doesn't happen. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I have never seen anything that would suggest KG would sign for the vet minimum. He might be had for 4-5 million which would be good and we could bring him off the bench.
    Posted by kccorwin[/QUOTE]

I still believe that if KG doesn't have a good season he will retire.  Even if he has a great season, he may still retire.  I remember reading that if the season was lost he would probably retire.  I wouldn't be surprised if this happens. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Never trade with the lakers or Knicks - they cannot be trusted.  I actually heard Red Auerbach say that!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]This post is ridiculous. Mitch Kupchek is too stupid to even contemplate such a move. Mitch simply reacts. He doesn't plan. Gasol fell into the Lakers' hand. It was not something that was carefully maneuvered. Just look at the Laker track record? For Shaq, the Lakers got squat from Miami. They traded Caron Butler for Kwame Brown. They kept Odom & let Ariza go. & they got rid of young players for dinosaurs. You people think Ainge is bad. Mitch is worse. Some posters are too paranoid. Besides, Stern doesn't want the Lakers to get too good. He stopped the Paul trade on its tracks. The Commish would stop any such shennanigans.
    Posted by LakerFan67[/QUOTE]

LakerFan...you're not really a Laker fan. If you are, then you're a complete idiot. You don't know much about Mitch and the Lakers. You're probably a Clipper fan...and one who just jumped on board at that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]This post is ridiculous. Mitch Kupchek is too stupid to even contemplate such a move. Mitch simply reacts. He doesn't plan. Gasol fell into the Lakers' hand. It was not something that was carefully maneuvered. Just look at the Laker track record? For Shaq, the Lakers got squat from Miami. They traded Caron Butler for Kwame Brown. They kept Odom & let Ariza go. & they got rid of young players for dinosaurs. You people think Ainge is bad. Mitch is worse. Some posters are too paranoid. Besides, Stern doesn't want the Lakers to get too good. He stopped the Paul trade on its tracks. The Commish would stop any such shennanigans.
    Posted by LakerFan67[/QUOTE]

Stern did not nix the trade, it was the other owners!!  He said, "the Hornets did not get back enough young players, and the lakers did not take on enough salary."
    Perhaps if the trade was Odom and Bynum for Paul and Okafor, you'd be all set now - but now, Kupcake got greedy.....he knew you'd struggle this year!!
    lakers fans have to realize there are 29 other teams in the league, and Stern is supposed to work for all of them.  Those days of easy trades are over - you need to take on salary or expired contracts, just like everyone else!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]Never trade with the lakers or Knicks - they cannot be trusted.  I actually heard Red Auerbach say that!!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]
    My thoughts exactly!!!!!!!!!!!  The grand architect of the Celtics would roll over in his grave if something like this went down.  It is a one sided trade that helps the fakers and does nothing for the rebuilding Celtics.  Even Gasol was on the Clippers with the same contract I would be opposed to it because it deters the long term plans.  This team is not going anywhere fast and cannot win a championship, so why take on bad long term contracts.  Pierce is the last of the bad contracts.  NO MORE!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Trying to Pull of A Coup : I still believe that if KG doesn't have a good season he will retire.  Even if he has a great season, he may still retire.  I remember reading that if the season was lost he would probably retire.  I wouldn't be surprised if this happens. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]
    Agree, I think KG is done after this year. He's got a lot of miles on him and a lot of pride and I just feel his legacy is more important to him than his obligation to sign with the C's for a lot less to make up for his drop-off in the last year and a half of his current contract. Ray is just different because I think he really enjoys the grind and routine of playing and working out everyday.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]Never trade with the lakers or Knicks - they cannot be trusted.  I actually heard Red Auerbach say that!!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

A drastic situation calls for drastic measures. At this point, I would trade with the Somali pirates if it helps the C's.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lakers Trying to Pull of A Coup : A drastic situation calls for drastic measures. At this point, I would trade with the Somali pirates if it helps the C's.
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

Mitch Kupchak cannot be trusted!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

QDaddy, I'm a Laker fan, not a Laker lapdog. I call it as I see it.

There are a number of areas that are hurting the Lakers--They need a point guard. Trashing the triangle requires this need be addressed. They need a decent small forward. But even with a quality point, this would turn things around.

As for the Celtics, they need to rebuild. It's that simple.

By the way, whenever an elite team beats the Lakers, the very next game they get squashed. It happened to the Blazers, Bulls, Maimi & now Orlando. Teams get all wound up for L.A. and flame out in the next game.

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts